Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Patrick Moraz at Moog Foundation NAMM 2024

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaleHauskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patrick Moraz at Moog Foundation NAMM 2024
    Posted: January 29 2024 at 14:14
As an east Los Angeles lifelong guitarist I was bless to be part of a renowed Swiss progressive rock band callled Flame Dream signed to Vertigo Records.
Flame Dream recorded three (out of six) albums at Patrick Moraz’s Aquarius Studios in Geneva, Switzerland.
This last week-end I had the unique pleasure to see, chat, and reminisce with the infamous Patrick Moraz in Anaheim Southern California NAMM 2024 at the Bob Moog Foundation.
Patrick astonished me with his memory of us in his studio, along with his dear kindness father of almost 40 years ago.

Patrick Moraz with Dale Hauskins

Edited by DaleHauskins - April 11 2024 at 15:00
Dale Hauskins
(858) 401-2973
(310) 293-0432
https://artistecard.com/Dalehauskins

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2024 at 20:05
So nice you were able to reminisce with an absolute legend of prog.

BTW I wonder why the description of him as 'infamous'? He was technically one of the best keyboard players of the seventies shadowing both Emerson and Wakeman in the peak years of prog (73 and 74). Honestly I've never heard a better player within the genre.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2024 at 21:48
For a while, Patrick Moraz did some work for Unesco in El Salvador. I was living there at that time, and he met some of the local musicians, like Alfredo Martinez (may he rest in peace), who happened to be my friend. Needless to say, I got to meet Patrick in two or three occasions, and I must say he is one of a kind human being.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 00:41
FYI Moog Music was recently acquired by Inmusic, a company notorious for ruining the brands they buy.
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 01:36
Originally posted by DaleHauskins DaleHauskins wrote:

As an east Los Angeles lifelong guitarist I was bless to be part of a renowned Swiss progressive rock band callled Flame Dream signed to Vertigo Records.
Flame Dream recorded three (out of six) albums at Patrick Moraz’s Aquarius Studios in Geneva, Switzerland.
This last week-end I had the unique pleasure to see, chat, and reminisce with the infamous Patrick Moraz in Anaheim Southern California NAMM 2024 at the Bob Moog Foundation.
Patrick astonished me with his memory of us in his studio, along with his dear kindness father of almost 40 years ago.
One of my all-time favourite Swiss bands. Clap

4 stars 1978: Flame Dream - Galatea - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZX2dbo_9k
5 stars 1979: Flame Dream - Elements - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0-1lxoI7Ww
5 stars 1981: Flame Dream - Out in the Dark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52-YiwokMO0
Criswell View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Criswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2024 at 14:44
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

So nice you were able to reminisce with an absolute legend of prog.

BTW I wonder why the description of him as 'infamous'? He was technically one of the best keyboard players of the seventies shadowing both Emerson and Wakeman in the peak years of prog (73 and 74). Honestly I've never heard a better player within the genre.

Concur...I consider Moraz's "ESP" to be the pinnacle of piano composition and performance by any of the great keyboard masters of the 70's.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2024 at 07:13
Quote Patrick Moraz’s Aquarius Studios
BTW the debut album by the band Welcome (one of my personal favorites) was also recorded there!
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
DaleHauskins View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleHauskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2024 at 02:07
Be on a look out after 40 years of silence a brand new Flame Dream CD dropping in April 2024.
https://flamedreammusic.com/
Dale Hauskins
(858) 401-2973
(310) 293-0432

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2024 at 02:20
^ Unfortunately the new release is not listed anywhere ... not on RYM, not on Bandcamp, nowhere. 

Well, now it is listed somewhere:

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - March 13 2024 at 02:21
DaleHauskins View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleHauskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2024 at 12:18
Give it time, and read more on Flame Dream facebook group:
Flame Dream Facebook group fans
Dale Hauskins
(858) 401-2973
(310) 293-0432

Post Reply Post Reply