Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gleb Kolyadin (iamthemorning) arrested

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gleb Kolyadin (iamthemorning) arrested
    Posted: January 30 2024 at 06:50
Gleb Kolyadin keyboardist of iamthemorning and Bi-2 has been arrested in Thailand, apparently because of incorrect filling of documents by a Bi-2 concert organiser in that country. Other members of the band are under arrest as well.

The issue is that Russia is asking to Thailand that they be deported to Russia. Kolyadin and co moved away from Russia because they were against Russian invasion of Ukraine and have critized Putin. They fear that if they are deported to Russia they may be persecuted as political dissidents.

Let's hope the story ends well for them. 

EDIT: I forgot to add the link to the news

Edited by Gerinski - January 30 2024 at 09:08
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 07:06
Thanks for posting this, I hope all goes well for them. A lot hinges on the Thailand government's relationship to Russia now.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 10:31
F... Angry Good luck to them, and thanks for posting! 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 11:08
I very much hope this turns out well for them.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2024 at 07:05
Released yesterday. There's another thread here on PA. Marjana Semkina started a petition on change.org, but as soon as I signed and shared it, I've got the new of his release. 
Gleb and the band he was playing with have been sent on a plane to Israel, as some of the musicians have Israeli passport. From there he will reach UK back.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2024 at 13:11
Good news! Thanks!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2024 at 03:52
Hi,

Considering how some world politics are s screwed up, I would advise most bands to make sure they know where they are going ... there is always somewhere hiding politics, which (obviously) are also opposite the younger generation in feeling and ways.

I don't think there is an answer,, but working harder to get rid of all the interference out there in the arts, would really help. My guess that the picking him up and incarcerating him was done as a lark, or some hot cop thinking that he was doing the right thing for the committee!

The whole thing is sick ... and a country (or two) continuing to do these things in various countries, needs to stop ... some day!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply