Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Movies That Will Be Popular In The Future?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Movies That Will Be Popular In The Future?
    Posted: February 03 2024 at 13:45
Are there any old movies you have seen that weren't popular, but movies you believe will be much more popular (for whatever reason - which is another interesting sub-question).

If I had to pick one, it would be "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"... Where people are the ultimate spectacle. Maybe some will hear of this when Fonda passes away, or someone with enough popularity to mention it and compare it to the modern world. It's a movie that predates "Network", which is popular, so the possible association might help.

Edited by MortSahlFan - February 03 2024 at 13:48
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Floydoid View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Floydoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2024 at 14:01
^^Good choice.

After recently rewatching the original Rollerball (1975) in some ways it was very perceptive about how world society might look in 2018... I first saw it on first release and wasn't overly impressed, but now 2018 is long since passed, it makes for an interesting 'what might have been' scenario. Surprisingly some aspects of it still look futuristic, tho some of the technology (e.g. punched cards and cassette tape) are somewhat dated.
'We're going to need a bigger swear jar.'
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2024 at 22:54
It's easy to go for sci-fi moves that seem to have some scary truth about them. Soylent Green always crops up in my head, not sure though how popular it was at the time. Charton Heston seemed to be in these type of films! Also Kevin Costner's Waterworld is an obvious one and that totally bombed when it came out. Rising sea levels will make it more true as time goes on. Blade runner also tanked at the box office on release but has gradually become more important over time although partly because of the directors cut.
Outside of sci-fi it's hard for me to think of any.

Edited by richardh - February 03 2024 at 22:55
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2024 at 23:06
The Animated version of Orwells 'Animal Farm'
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
Floydoid View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floydoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 02:05
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

I have recently re-watched this after spending a long time tracking it down on DVD, and it still packs a very powerful punch.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 03:51
Originally posted by Frets N Worries Frets N Worries wrote:

Good choice. 

-“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

-“ You do not imagine, I hope, that we pigs are doing this in a spirit of selfishness and privilege? Many of us actually dislike milk and apples. I dislike them myself. Our sole object in taking these things is to preserve our health. Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig. We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organization of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for your sake that we drink the milk and eat those apples.”

Edited by omphaloskepsis - February 04 2024 at 03:51
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 06:16
So if I understand your post, you're not saying these movies need a 'Remake'. It's about the original movie having a resurgence?

They Shoot Horses is excellent (if not a little lengthy) and the final scene stunned me when I first saw it.

I loved Rollerball when it was first released and still think it is far superior to the remake.

For me...maybe A Clockwork Orange.
I know it is a cult favourite now, but back when it was released I don't think it was particularly popular.
Also, Alien Nation.

Edited by JD - February 04 2024 at 07:26
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Floydoid View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floydoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 06:53
Well 'Clockwork Orange' was effectively banned in the UK (by Kubrick himself) from not long after it's release, until his death, so most of us UK movie fans had to wait around 30 years to see it. I agree it is a masterpiece.

Edited by Floydoid - February 05 2024 at 13:39
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 07:25
Hi,

There are many things that have stood out on the test of time. The main issue is how it is looked at and appreciated nowadays, when the audience's attention span is limited to "action" and not much else.

So, here's my small list ... with a couple of comments.

Lawrence of Arabia/David Lean -- the amazing ability to allow something to work itself on its own right before your very eyes. The long shot of the desert and eventually Omar Shariff shows up is likely one of the best known shots in film ... and we get to feel a lot of other things ... the images coming and going it seems like, the heat of the desert moving around like an ocean ... it's timeless!

8 1/2/Michelangelo Antonioni -- I never thought this was a great film, but it broke the static of a lot of films in those days, all being the same with a "story" and visuals to support it, and all of a sudden you get a film that kinda disdains the story itself ... and just flows along.

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie/ Luis Bunuel --  An incredible fun film to watch that ends with a throw away ending kinda letting you know there is no meaning or ideas that can explain anything ... and in between the film goes through the inside of the minds of the characters. Really fun and crazy film. It's not even surrealistic, but it is a really pointed film in terms of what we think about anything. AND not the first time Luis ever did this.

Viridiana/Luis Bunuel -- Perhaps no other film EVER gave someone a huge finger and became known for its insanity when a bunch of hobos in the end, recreate the Last Supper ... the film is fun to watch, and quite crazy but it doesn't really give away its eventual touch. 

Belle du Jour/Luis Bunuel -- Not a pleasant film by any stretch of the imagination but it ended up getting everyone's attention because it made room for fetishes ... and Luis had used many of them in other films for along time ... 

Alphaville/Jean-Luc Godard -- It was supposed to be a satire of the American films and the "film noir" thing, and it ended up being one of the best known of them all. The hardest part of this is hearing the philosophy being spoken while something is being done as if the comments justified the deed, which is how a lot of tyrannical this and that do their thing ... but ... well ... this is a film!

The Road Warrior/George Miller -- Maybe it was all the antics and incredible design of so many bits and pieces, but the strength of this film and how the music in it was used, is such a butt kicker it's not funny. And the characters ... will you ever forget the gyro ... or the feral kid ... or that massive truck ... full of sand!

Roma/Federico Fellini -- It's actually a boring film until the last 20 minutes or so when you get to see the papal fashion show ... if you have never seen it, this is insane, and it is colorful and great. The other great moment is the kid taking a pee in INTERVISTA. Never did a kid give a church such an erection ... oppps ... a reason to get upset!

The Seven Samurai/Akira Kurosawa -- Ended up defining the Samurai thing in a lot of Japanese films, and in the end, the film was not exactly a story of the samurai ... it was a story of survival! Beautifully shot, with what looks like a dollar or two budget ... and still one of the great films ever made.

Deep Throat/Gerard Damiano -- One for the road ... a orn film, horribly done, with really bad film stock, and an even worse story ... ends up telling the church and everyone else to shut up ... they helped make the film even more famous and made the video players famous ... it started the video craze almost immediately, but folks still went to all the Pussycat Theaters in LA and SF.

I probably could go on for a while on this ...

Edited by moshkito - February 04 2024 at 07:28
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 08:14
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

There are many things that have stood out on the test of time. The main issue is how it is looked at and appreciated nowadays, when the audience's attention span is limited to "action" and not much else.

So, here's my small list ... with a couple of comments.

Lawrence of Arabia/David Lean -- the amazing ability to allow something to work itself on its own right before your very eyes. The long shot of the desert and eventually Omar Shariff shows up is likely one of the best known shots in film ... and we get to feel a lot of other things ... the images coming and going it seems like, the heat of the desert moving around like an ocean ... it's timeless!

8 1/2/Michelangelo Antonioni -- I never thought this was a great film, but it broke the static of a lot of films in those days, all being the same with a "story" and visuals to support it, and all of a sudden you get a film that kinda disdains the story itself ... and just flows along.

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie/ Luis Bunuel --  An incredible fun film to watch that ends with a throw away ending kinda letting you know there is no meaning or ideas that can explain anything ... and in between the film goes through the inside of the minds of the characters. Really fun and crazy film. It's not even surrealistic, but it is a really pointed film in terms of what we think about anything. AND not the first time Luis ever did this.

Viridiana/Luis Bunuel -- Perhaps no other film EVER gave someone a huge finger and became known for its insanity when a bunch of hobos in the end, recreate the Last Supper ... the film is fun to watch, and quite crazy but it doesn't really give away its eventual touch. 

Belle du Jour/Luis Bunuel -- Not a pleasant film by any stretch of the imagination but it ended up getting everyone's attention because it made room for fetishes ... and Luis had used many of them in other films for along time ... 

Alphaville/Jean-Luc Godard -- It was supposed to be a satire of the American films and the "film noir" thing, and it ended up being one of the best known of them all. The hardest part of this is hearing the philosophy being spoken while something is being done as if the comments justified the deed, which is how a lot of tyrannical this and that do their thing ... but ... well ... this is a film!

The Road Warrior/George Miller -- Maybe it was all the antics and incredible design of so many bits and pieces, but the strength of this film and how the music in it was used, is such a butt kicker it's not funny. And the characters ... will you ever forget the gyro ... or the feral kid ... or that massive truck ... full of sand!

Roma/Federico Fellini -- It's actually a boring film until the last 20 minutes or so when you get to see the papal fashion show ... if you have never seen it, this is insane, and it is colorful and great. The other great moment is the kid taking a pee in INTERVISTA. Never did a kid give a church such an erection ... oppps ... a reason to get upset!

The Seven Samurai/Akira Kurosawa -- Ended up defining the Samurai thing in a lot of Japanese films, and in the end, the film was not exactly a story of the samurai ... it was a story of survival! Beautifully shot, with what looks like a dollar or two budget ... and still one of the great films ever made.

Deep Throat/Gerard Damiano -- One for the road ... a orn film, horribly done, with really bad film stock, and an even worse story ... ends up telling the church and everyone else to shut up ... they helped make the film even more famous and made the video players famous ... it started the video craze almost immediately, but folks still went to all the Pussycat Theaters in LA and SF.

I probably could go on for a while on this ...

These movies are popular, though. Especially on the film message boards online. All the movies you have mentioned are on many Top 10's of many members, and highly respected. And the average age is about 25. 

I'm asking which great, but unpopular movies do you see becoming popular in the future. "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" might have had Jane Fonda, but "La tout va bien" seems to be more popular, and it's a French movie with an American actress! Of course, going to Vietnam might have hurt her temporarily, but as soon as the coast was clear, I would have thought all her fans (or self-described feminists) would have seen it, especially since it's free on YouTube, where is where I seem to find good movies I haven't seen before, and maybe Turner Classic Movies (usually imports, but they got rid of the best thing they had - Underground - low-budget, obscure, foreign, independent)

Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 08:46
Originally posted by MortSahlFan MortSahlFan wrote:

These movies are popular, though. Especially on the film message boards online. All the movies you have mentioned are on many Top 10's of many members, and highly respected. And the average age is about 25. 

I'm asking which great, but unpopular movies do you see becoming popular in the future.

What you ask is of no value, cause you're not an ARTIST and PROGRESSIVE. And also you haven't probably been writing movie reviews for 45+ years. You have to have at least 450 movie reviews, as unprecedentedly superb as that forumer's. What you have to do is to attain that criteria and then your views/threads/posts might be evaluated by that beyond amazing forumer. Though when you meet that criteria, that forumer will still surpass you. So, I wouldn't recommend you to expect anything appreciative from that uniquely grand being.

Edited by Archisorcerus - February 04 2024 at 08:47
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 09:02
As cloning becomes more and more common (including concerns about cloning people for organs and using humans cells to make meat products), Parts: the Clonus Horror (1979). On the other hanbd, cloning movies and novels have been popular for a long time and that one is not well-resapected because people find it bad (it had a big emotional impace on me, but it's no Never Let Me Go, the book especially).

Not sure how respected Boris Karloff, The Mask of Fu Manchu (1932) is but many people would pan it for having European acts play East Asian roles. There has been push-back against this, especially as one finds people being okay with non-white people playing white roles. I am not condoning this especially as it plays to terrible stereotypes, but I know there is pushback especially amongst the alt- right leaning people. Ones who would like to see a return to the good old days of blackface/ yellowface/brownface, accepted implicit and even explicit racial superiority and slavery. On the other hand, I think such people would more likely be watching certain more modern screwball comedies with, perhaps, a country-western soundtrack and a pick-up truck race than that (something kind of like the Dukes of Hazard). Apologies for any stereotyping.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 09:20
I don't think I could make such a good guess...

Whilst, 

I think The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey (1988) and Nirvana (1997) are both overlooked masterpieces. Perhaps they could garner a wider audience in time, who knows...
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 09:27

Are there any old movies you have seen that weren't popular, but movies you believe will be much more popular (for whatever reason - which is another interesting sub-question).

If I had to pick one, it would be "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"...

They Shoot Horses, Don't They? is not a good exemple though, since this film was quite popular on release:
Originally posted by <a href=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Shoot_Horses,_Dont_They%3F_%28film%29 target=_blank rel=nofollow>Wiki</a> Wiki wrote:

The film became a critical and commercial success, grossing $12.6 million on a budget of $4.86 million, becoming the seventeenth highest-grossing film of 1969.

There have been films that were unpopular on release but who received their "popular" recognition later (e.g. Citizen Kane), but to say that the film has really become popular (outside the film buff circles) might be a bit exagerated.
Apart from that, I don't have a crystal ball...

Edited by suitkees - February 04 2024 at 09:28

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 09:37
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

I'm asking which great, but unpopular movies do you see becoming popular in the future.

What you ask is of no value, cause you're not an ARTIST and PROGRESSIVE. And also you haven't probably been writing movie reviews for 45+ years. You have to have at least 450 movie reviews, as unprecedentedly superb as that forumer's. What you have to do is to attain that criteria and then your views/threads/posts might be evaluated by that beyond amazing forumer. Though when you meet that criteria, that forumer will still surpass you. So, I wouldn't recommend you to expect anything appreciative from that uniquely grand being.

How would YOU know? You suck dick on drums.

Edited by MortSahlFan - February 04 2024 at 09:38

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 09:46
^ Lol. I've been taken seriously. LOL That was an offensive humour towards (or a parody of) the forumer you had quoted.

Your satirical comedy taste should surely suck. Clown
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 09:59
I hate coming ian as a mod. Please stop these antics. That "sucks..." is over the top in term of crudity and please if a member is such a problem to you, just ignore or report or report and ignore. Gripes/sour grapes on message boards often are silly and personal attacks are not permitted by the guidelines.

a reminder of the guidelines:

Quote . No Vulgarity, profanity or bigotry. We ask all members to refrain from using "foul language." Profanity - the deliberate denigration of another person's belief, will not be tolerated. Our membership is global, and thus represents a host of spiritual and religious beliefs. Given this, profanity is tantamount to personal attack (see next entry). Likewise, there is no place in this forum for bigotry (this includes religious bigotry, racism, and sexual discrimination) which are also considered to be personal attacks.
We are committed to not censoring messages or opinions, but this is a moderated forum. We simply want to maintain the spirit of an open, interactive discussion without offending any of the participants.
Any deliberate and conscious attempt to "circumvent" or ignore this guideline will be seen as grounds for a warning to be issued, and may result in ejection from the site.
Note that this rule extends to forum names too. You should ensure that your chosen forum name is not likely to cause offense to other members.

2. No Personal attacks (flaming or trolling). Keep it civil, show respect at all times for your fellow members. Disagreement, debate, even "heated" discussion is fine (though emoticons should be used to "soften" the effect of words). However, personally directed insults, denigration, etc. will not be tolerated, and will be grounds for warning and, if not stopped immediately, ejection. This applies equally to forum posts AND private messages. "Group-directed" insults and denigration (e.g., racism, sexism, ageism, etc.) also fall under this category, any such behavior will be taken on a case by case basis. Any member who engages in continuous baiting, borderline insults, or other continuously "aggressive" behaviour will be warned. Any member found to be using concurrent multiple personae (more than one profile at the same time) will be ejected from the site.

3. No Pornography or offensive images. The site is used by people of all ages. It is multi-cultural, with both male and female participants. Please keep in mind that pornography could get the site shut down. Any pornographic or offensive images (including photographs, cartoons etc.), posted on the site will be removed, and the member will be warned.

4. No Sniping. If you feel that someone has (i) baited or personally attacked you through the behaviours described in 1 or 2 above (whether in a thread or in a PM), do not engage that member in that thread, or reply to the PM. Instead, immediately send a PM to a forum moderator with details of (i) which member and (ii) which thread (please give the name of the thread, not the link) - or, if a PM, copy and paste in the text of the offending PM. The moderator will then determine what action needs to be taken (if any) and will reply to you. The moderators will try to reply to such incidents within 24 hours. In the meantime, please ignore that member and do not engage them in any way.

Edited by Logan - February 04 2024 at 10:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 10:16
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

If I had to pick one, it would be "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"...

They Shoot Horses, Don't They? is not a good exemple though, since this film was quite popular on release:
Originally posted by <a href=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Shoot_Horses,_Dont_They%3F_%28film%29 target=_blank rel=nofollow>Wiki</a> Wiki wrote:

The film became a critical and commercial success, grossing $12.6 million on a budget of $4.86 million, becoming the seventeenth highest-grossing film of 1969.

There have been films that were unpopular on release but who received their "popular" recognition later (e.g. Citizen Kane), but to say that the film has really become popular (outside the film buff circles) might be a bit exagerated.
Apart from that, I don't have a crystal ball...

I just looked this up, and the 16th highest grossing movie that year, but I think it's one that can be more popular than it is currently (online and in "real life") because of the internet age and a new economy (the gig economy) that's similar, except using different forms, although I could see events like this in the future... maybe a result of a rich or powerful guy who sees the movie and tries it out?

"Network" on the other hand would be a bad example because aside from its critical success, people still talk about that movie a lot today. I guess it's like having a hit single ("so they buy the album"), with the catch-phrase "I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!" which is usually the first thing people say when you mention this movie to them.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2024 at 10:22
@Logan

Perhaps I didn't get the joke there. Does "You suck dick on drums." come to mean a wild guess someone cannot know about? Like one says to another, "You're a terrible soccer player." without adequate knowledge?

Yet, I think "You suck on drums." would be a more "polite" way of saying that?

I hate to remain on this, whilst couldn't really grasp which "suck(s)" was against the guidelines according to you (the rules); or both?

Anyways. Sorry for that unpleasant communication. (It was actually a miscommunication, yet my post caused it regardless.)

Edited by Archisorcerus - February 04 2024 at 10:23
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 20:19
Hi,

I'm not sure that the original question can be answered properly ... times change, and all of a sudden, what made something important in 1970, is totally and completely incomprehensible in 2020. Not to mention that a lot of posters will ignore the history behind it, and the litter that the film, or whatever part of it, created.

In the 50's and 60's in Europe, the Vatican had a big mouth and they made a lot of films much more famous than they probably would have been without a word being said ... and of course, the same religious group ended up making DT one of the most famous films ... not only was it selling at the theater ... everyone went to see it with a funny hat on ... but it helped start the video craze ... all of a sudden video recorders and videos were available ... and guess what sold the most? 

Compare that to nowadays, when the media exposure is about the quantity of money they have invested in the film, and you know that whatever is ... this or that ... will be ignored in favor of some "action" or some other far out this or that that makes it pink, and better than a cartoon!

But a lot of films, are remembered time and time again ... and the only issue I have with it is that the ability to SAVE and make these things available is diminishing, even as some films that should have been available, are still controlled, and expensive.

A lot of things I like ... 

Orson Welles's Chimes at Midnight ... is continually dismissed because of a stuck up Shakespearean bunch of idiots that can not fathom a world that is not as pretty, clean, and romantic as their notion is of the bard and its characters. Never mind that "The Globe" didn't even have enough latrines for its public ... specially as those might have been specially saved for the upper class!

Luis Bunuel, made a lot of fun of the religious orders ... they say something about graven images, and continuously stand by them and pretend that those images are the real representative of the whole ... idea! For this, he created many stories that upset the clergy, even though a Dominican Friar and close friend to Luis always said ... he just challenges your ideas and beliefs! So in one film you get a picture of Jesus laughing. In another you see the greatest array of foul mouth terms, to someone in atop a pillar. And then, you get a supper. And if that is not enough, you get a group in a later film setting up explosives under his name! ... best we ignore all that non-sense, right?

There are some films in American History, that I think deserve some more attention ... and at times, I think they were vilified for the wrong thing. "The Wild Bunch" is a very interesting film, and no doubt one of the most incredible spectacle ... but we continuously dislike the end of the film ... which was almost the same thing as the start of the film ... kids playing and killing scorpions with sticks and fire! Guess what the adults did in the end? The irony and accusing finger ... becomes a bizarre adventure that made him glorify some violence, in various directions after that film! And in my book, some of the stuff he did AFTER just was not that good, and was built around the expectation of some glorified violence, which to me, was just like the opening of the horror film and its gore ... bloodier ... and of course now it's in color and we can really see it better, like we need to!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>