Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive poll: Fiddledididdledeedee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: You have three votes (but not for your own)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
2 [8.70%]
4 [17.39%]
2 [8.70%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
2 [8.70%]
1 [4.35%]
1 [4.35%]
2 [8.70%]
2 [8.70%]
1 [4.35%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
3 [13.04%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 12:02
^ Thank you, Christian! Could you also replace the Masada Trio song please (see above)?

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 09:52
Thanks, updated!
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2024 at 01:26
^ Christian, I'm sorry, it's my fault! I had something come up yesterday and couldn't post my nominations on time. I have also to admit that, unexpectedly, I found it a bit difficult to find something suitable and was therfore somewhat undecided what to do.

My nominations: If possible, please replace the Masada String Trio piece with the one below (It's a bit more cheerful and shorter than the other one). As for my second nomination, I would like to stick with the Gang of Youths song because Mine's song is rather something for German-speakers imo. I may bring her on another occasion. Thanks in advance!

Here's an alternate, adapted playlist, just in case.

Edited by Mila-13 - February 19 2024 at 05:12
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2024 at 17:29
As later in the week I may have no more time doing this, I put up the voting list now. Voting is in principle open (three votes everyone, and not for your own).

I have to admit that I did this a bit prematurely, as Mila has not written what they nominate. I would normally wait for this and I'm sorry that I didn't, but I wanted to have this off my to do list, so I just put up all three of your nominations and you can still me to strike one of them off (admittedly a bit unfair to the others but so is life). My favourites of yours are the second and third by the way, so Mine & Orchestra and Gang of Youths.

Also note that the Limerick Junction thing is not on youtube but can be heard on soundcloud linked in the second posting on p.1.

PS: New playlist of nominations posted in first posting.

Edited by Lewian - February 18 2024 at 17:44
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2024 at 13:03
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

It's a fabulous playlist by the way. I'm very happy about the topic and all your contributions. Unfortunately I have so little time these days, so it's really hard to write something.

While reading people's impressions has been my favourite part of these, that can be very time-onerous. I found it really hard to write something that I think might have some value even when I have had the time and inclination. I really admire and appreciate people who have shared their insights and thoughts on the music during this long running series.

Thanks for doing this despite your lack of free time.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2024 at 04:53
For my nominations I go with my latter pair:
- We Like We - Anticipation
- Katrine Grarup Elbo - Interlunium

This came by on the radio the other day and it made me think of this poll. It is not particularly good, in my opinion, not even funny, but it is not terribly horrible either... is it?

Hayseed Dixie - The Final Countdown:

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2024 at 04:04
I nominate the two songs I have posted:

Alejandro Matos - Verde por Dentro
Nick Drake - 'Cello Song

Edited by someone_else - February 18 2024 at 04:05
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2024 at 22:01
My nominations are:

Dave Lindholm - Pieni & hento ote
CMX - Nainen tanssii tangoa

mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2024 at 17:04
I've like what I have heard. I too am busy.

I'll nominate my two solo performer suggestions.

Nash the Slash - Wolf
Catherine Graindorge - Lockdown

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2024 at 16:15
It's a fabulous playlist by the way. I'm very happy about the topic and all your contributions. Unfortunately I have so little time these days, so it's really hard to write something.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2024 at 12:48
The two symphonic pieces I posted will work fine. Tongue
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2024 at 12:31
I have decided to nominate these two:

A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Steep Hills of Vicodin Tears
Hungry Ghosts - Nothing Has to Happen

Thanks for doing this. :)
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2024 at 04:21

Thank you for the playlist, Christian and George. Always much appreciated!

I had a tough week and unfortunately didn't manage to post another suggestion or to comment. I will do my nominations tomorrow and hopefully listen to the songs soon.- I just thought of another song this morning but wasn't quite sure if it wasn't too well known here? It is a song by an Australian alt/indie rock band.

Gang of Youths: Achilles Come Down

Album: Go Farther in Lightness, 2017

Edited by Mila-13 - February 21 2024 at 00:48
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2024 at 10:59
Due to workload I haven't kept my eye on the ball for much of the week. Thanks George for the playlist help, it's now embedded also on the first page.

Can you tell me your final nominations over the weekend please?

We can have two nominations per participant. 

Edited by Lewian - February 16 2024 at 11:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2024 at 04:18
A couple more suggestions.

Ultraphauna made my top 20 list for 2023. The music is written and performed by Timba Harris (violin) and Dorothy Wave (synths, vocals), along with Toby Driver (bass) and Joel C. Murphy (drums). Album only has 14 ratings on PA.

Ultraphauna - Wow, João!

I have suggested Catherine Graindorge in a duet with Iggy Pop in a previous Interactive Poll on singers and their collaborations. I didn't nominate Iggy so their track didn't make the poll. This track is live performance of a track on her 2021 album Elderado.

Catherine Graindorge - Lockdown

Besides both videos by Catherine Graindorge and Nash the Slash being solo performances, both of them have worked with Iggy Pop, separated by 40 years. Nash the Slash was the opening act for Iggy Pop in 1982, and Catherine Graindorge collaborated with Iggy on an EP in 2022.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 18:51
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

I don't know how to properly embed it here though. I tried with the standard method for yt videos, but it wouldn't play ball. Any guidance?

Use the tags [ tube] [/ tube] without the spaces. And place all the code that follows www.youtube.com in the URL. Quote this post to see the coding.

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 16:49
I have made a playlist of all suggestions so far, linked in the first posting. OK I do it once more here.
This is my first yt playlist ever. So exciting! Big smile 
I don't know how to properly embed it here though. I tried with the standard method for yt videos, but it wouldn't play ball. Any guidance?

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 12:49
I can't decide if I should vote for option #3 (d) option #11 (also a d)
But lame joke aside:

This non album single B-side by Banzaï (2:58 timestamp) has one of the best arranged and recorded string ensembles ever in prog rock music! Listen to how those violins flourish! Holy shoot!

Edited by Hrychu - February 11 2024 at 12:52
“On the day of my creation, I fell in love with education. And overcoming all frustration, a teacher I became.”
— Ernest Vong
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2024 at 12:45
Listened to everything posted up till now and I must say that it was all very interesting to listen to - no bad music here! Personally, I'm more interested in the more contemporary music / avant-garde type of suggestions (as you might guess from my own suggestions...), but all make up for a good listening session.
Hope there will be some more discoveries to come...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Mila-13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mila-13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2024 at 21:53
Here's another one from me.

Mine & Orchestra: Pusteblumenfeld (en. Dundelion Field)

Off the album: Das Ziel steht im Weg (en. The Goal Is in the Way), 2016.

Mine (Jasmin Stocker) is one of my favourite current German solo artists. She is a singer and songwriter and she also performs with orchestra and various guest musicians, making the orchestra arrangements herself. In terms of genre, her music can be described as jazzy, poetic and witty songwriter pop, including influences of electronic music and German rap. This is a live performance with orchestra. To meet the rules, I have chosen a simple ballad where she is mainly accompanied by the string section. 

This suggestion is probably more suitable for German speakers (a lyrics translation of this song is available online btw), but if you like what you hear, Mine has released seven albums so far, the latest of which was released this year.

This edition is building up quite nicely! I hope I can soon take the time to listen to the many suggestions.

Edited by Mila-13 - February 11 2024 at 07:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>