Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Big Train European Tour 2024

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Big Train European Tour 2024
    Posted: February 08 2024 at 19:01
Tickets go on sale today.

Details on their website

I note they are playing my home town Swindon on 17th September. Wondering if ex band member Dave Gregory (who lives there) could turn up and make a guest appearance? Wyvern Theatre is a good venue and I've seen both Rick Wakeman and Jethro Tull there. It's got good parking nearby as well as a couple of decent Indian restaurants and a Nandos if that's your thing.
Starjet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 02:08
Disappointed they're not coming to Italy, what with having an Italian front man and all...
Brexit to blame?
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 04:25
I have the new album on pre-order.

I am looking forward to hearing it. Smile
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 15:51
Originally posted by Starjet Starjet wrote:

Disappointed they're not coming to Italy, what with having an Italian front man and all...
Brexit to blame?

I don't think so. They'll do two gigs in the Netherlands. I saw them last August and I'm thinking about going again. They are a great live band.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2024 at 17:27
Originally posted by Starjet Starjet wrote:

Brexit to blame?
I don't think so. I mean, they recorded their latest album in Italy.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
aprusso View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aprusso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2024 at 04:09
They (as also most prog bands) will only tour in Northern - Central EU. Because in S-EU people mainly listen to sh*tty music. We've been taken over by the sh*t-music plague. Except that couple of festivals, there is no audience. You go to a prog gig in the NL, there's plenty young people. In Spain, in Italy etc, 5 old farts is what you get. 
CarrieVera View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieVera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 04:04
I am so excited for it.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2024 at 02:19
Last August I went to see them in the Netherlands (from Spain). Normally I only have availability for travelling a few days during the summer vacation in August and this year they will only play the Cropredy Festival in the UK. I will consider going, we will see... I need to check other bands tour dates in August and see what's the most interesting plan for this year.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2024 at 09:06
Regarding BBT's gig at the Cropredy Festival (UK) on 9th August, does anybody know about this festival, and can provide some info / advice?

To be honest the only other bands I know in the lineup are Rick Wakeman, Trevor Horn and Focus. 
Does anybody know any of the other bands and can advise which style are they?

Thanks!

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2024 at 22:18
Eddi Reader is lead singer of pop folk band Fairground Attraction and Richard Digance is a famous (in the UK) satirist singer songwriter. Cropedry has always been folk heavy and was originally created by Fairport Convention if memory serves me right. Rick's appearance is interesting! 

Edited by richardh - February 15 2024 at 22:20
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2024 at 01:18
Thanks Richard!
 Post Reply Post Reply