Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Do You Daydream About?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 13:45
Sometimes I think about tragic events in my past. I attribute the tragic part to the peer pressure in the 70s to participate in the drug culture. The 70s teenagers seemed lured into taking LSD. Most people around me experimented with LSD either in moderation, large doses or actually only once.

Between ages 15 and 18 people kept telling me.."It's okay to take it" " It's safe and it's fun"

I didn't believe that. Between 1970 and 1976 I witnessed several of my teenage friends who had actually been childhood friends strapped to a stretcher and driven to the Ancora Psychiatric Hospital where they stayed for quite some time. They had bad Acid trips.

When I visited them at the hospital they said hello..as if they acknowledged who I was..yet they did not remember anything about our past. It was strange to see them acting that way. They were wiped out.

I had about six friends this happened to..( to be more exact)..and additionally this tragic experience occurred in the lives of people I knew as acquaintances. Why? I'm assuming because the pressure was on for people to try LSD? It was the 70s?

I just recall several of them being released and when I went to visit them I had to clear it with their parents first. From this point onward they were never able to function in the community again. ...and aside from that tragic news there were friends who were not released.

This really gave me a bad view of the world in my youth. Of course I did realize that a good percentage of people who took LSD didn't have bad trips...but that didn't make it OK by me. I saw the damage it brought to people's lives. I watched them disintegrate.

Edited by Jacob Schoolcraft - April 07 2024 at 13:47
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 15:54
I don't really daydream much. I am so "in the present moment".....
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 15:57
Originally posted by Jacob Schoolcraft Jacob Schoolcraft wrote:

Sometimes I think about tragic events in my past. I attribute the tragic part to the peer pressure in the 70s to participate in the drug culture. The 70s teenagers seemed lured into taking LSD. Most people around me experimented with LSD either in moderation, large doses or actually only once.

Between ages 15 and 18 people kept telling me.."It's okay to take it" " It's safe and it's fun"

I didn't believe that. Between 1970 and 1976 I witnessed several of my teenage friends who had actually been childhood friends strapped to a stretcher and driven to the Ancora Psychiatric Hospital where they stayed for quite some time. They had bad Acid trips.

When I visited them at the hospital they said hello..as if they acknowledged who I was..yet they did not remember anything about our past. It was strange to see them acting that way. They were wiped out.

I had about six friends this happened to..( to be more exact)..and additionally this tragic experience occurred in the lives of people I knew as acquaintances. Why? I'm assuming because the pressure was on for people to try LSD? It was the 70s?

I just recall several of them being released and when I went to visit them I had to clear it with their parents first. From this point onward they were never able to function in the community again. ...and aside from that tragic news there were friends who were not released.

This really gave me a bad view of the world in my youth. Of course I did realize that a good percentage of people who took LSD didn't have bad trips...but that didn't make it OK by me. I saw the damage it brought to people's lives. I watched them disintegrate.
LSD is bad news; I tried it 13 times.....the worst thing ever made....I have been over 40 years completely free of all street drugs....about 30 years away from alcohol....and those latter decisions to put it all behind me are the best decisions I ever made.
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 18:27
[/QUOTE] LSD is bad news; I tried it 13 times.....the worst thing ever made....I have been over 40 years completely free of all street drugs....about 30 years away from alcohol....and those latter decisions to put it all behind me are the best decisions I ever made.[/QUOTE]

Interesting!!! Smart move. Another tragic experience ...The Menantico Cult. They were into this kind of dualism. According to a recent article they followed a manichean belief. In the early 70s it wasn't difficult to run across them and while camping at Menantico it was hard not to notice. People began disappearing, children were molested and they put fear there. People I knew in the early 70s who were programmed by this cult ended up in a mental hospital. I am certain that they took LSD . I believe the drugs combined with the programming is precisely what sent them off to bye bye land.

This cult was dominated by sadistic bravado types who from the very beginning...should have been incarcerated so that they couldn't hurt innocent people. People who are not delusional. People that don't trust their life to some ritual in a book. People who were camping and enjoying nature. Enjoying themselves.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 19:31
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

LSD is bad news; I tried it 13 times.....the worst thing ever made....I have been over 40 years completely free of all street drugs....about 30 years away from alcohol....and those latter decisions to put it all behind me are the best decisions I ever made.

You tried it 13 times, eh? Thirteen? Interesting number, 13, and quite specific. Not doubting your veracity, but I partied quite heavily in the 70s. Dropped acid, popped mescaline, shrooms, snorted coke, etc., in the bands I played in (and at school). I couldn't give you a specific number of times I did anything. 

But I am alive, and drug free for around 40 years as well. Cheers! I'll drink a Guinness in your honor. Or perhaps I'll raise a glass of Merlot if I'm feeling really daring. 

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 20:14
Once you see somebody really talented disintegrate from LSD that's enough to convince you that it's a gamble. At age 18 I knew some amazing guitar players who took LSD and just never got that talent back. It never came back. They sucked. They had no endurance..no more perfect balance and coordination between their fingering hand and picking hand. LSD took all those years of development away.

But yet..some people are not affected by it. Sorry no sale. You end up risking your goals. ..your future goals and you don't have the answer. You don't know what kind of a person you are and you're going to risk taking LSD knowing the possibilities of it turning out really bad. Why is it held in the highest regard? It's inconsistencies warns us. An ideal candidate for psychiatric treatment
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 20:36
^ Just to note: you can't actually drop acid and play an ax with any competence, it is quite almost literally impossible.   I think that's why Hendrix put it under his headband... slow release.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 04:48
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Just to note: you can't actually drop acid and play an ax with any competence, it is quite almost literally impossible.   I think that's why Hendrix put it under his headband... slow release.

Yes but after having a bad trip. That's when you don't remember how to play and definitely cannot. That's sad.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 05:39
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

You tried it 13 times, eh? Thirteen? Interesting number, 13, and quite specific. Not doubting your veracity, but I partied quite heavily in the 70s. Dropped acid, popped mescaline, shrooms, snorted coke, etc., in the bands I played in (and at school). I couldn't give you a specific number of times I did anything. 

But I am alive, and drug free for around 40 years as well. Cheers! I'll drink a Guinness in your honor. Or perhaps I'll raise a glass of Merlot if I'm feeling really daring. 

Cheers to you! I guess that is unusual to remember something like how many hits of acid I took, but unlike pot and hash, which I was on almost daily back then, the lsd trips were more memorable- for all unpleasant reasons....don't know about you, but the lsd I took was laced with real poison, strychinine, and the trips were an incredible shock to the system....man, I am glad we survived.....
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 05:47

[/QUOTE] LSD is b
LSD is bad news; I tried it 13 times.....the worst thing ever made....I have been over 40 years completely free of all street drugs....about 30 years away from alcohol....and those latter decisions to put it all behind me are the best decisions I ever made.[/QUOTE]

Interesting!!! Smart move. Another tragic experience ...The Menantico Cult. They were into this kind of dualism. According to a recent article they followed a manichean belief. In the early 70s it wasn't difficult to run across them and while camping at Menantico it was hard not to notice. People began disappearing, children were molested and they put fear there. People I knew in the early 70s who were programmed by this cult ended up in a mental hospital. I am certain that they took LSD . I believe the drugs combined with the programming is precisely what sent them off to bye bye land.

This cult was dominated by sadistic bravado types who from the very beginning...should have been incarcerated so that they couldn't hurt innocent people. People who are not delusional. People that don't trust their life to some ritual in a book. People who were camping and enjoying nature. Enjoying themselves. [/QUOTE]
         I am so sorry to hear of that cult and the ones leading it who should have been stopped in their tracks before they could do others harm...I've never experienced a cult, but i am not surprised that they used lsd to control things....everybody was telling me in the 70s too about acid, "it is so fun" "try it, it won't hurt"-when you are so young you don't have the wherewithal to see through that like you do in later years "experience is what you get after you need it"
CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CosmicVibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 07:37
Quantum Coherence 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 09:26
[/QUOTE]
         I am so sorry to hear of that cult and the ones leading it who should have been stopped in their tracks before they could do others harm...I've never experienced a cult, but i am not surprised that they used lsd to control things....everybody was telling me in the 70s too about acid, "it is so fun" "try it, it won't hurt"-when you are so young you don't have the wherewithal to see through that like you do in later years "experience is what you get after you need it"
[/QUOTE]

Yes..it was strange indeed. The experience itself was unusual. The problem for SRA victims is the doubt people have regarding their stories...although some SRA victims are full of sh*t and trying to make a profit and of course that doesn't help either.

Wikipedia states that there has never been any real evidence to prove that SRA exists. That's ridiculous. It's existed for years and back in my time it wasn't even called SRA. Consequently a lot of ritual abuse derives from practices in Black Magic. People are so blind. People worshipped Satan centuries ago. Maybe it wasn't modernized as it were during the hippy dippy trippy zippy era...

I don't even believe in the supernatural. I find criminology more interesting. Because that's what it is. Sadistic people that sacrifice humans and animals. They are mentally challenged. It differs in certain ways from what Jeffrey Dahmer would do...but actually has similarities and the idea that demons exist is nonsense to me. Is there any reason to believe that they exist?

These are just people dressing up in cloaks and masks and getting off on torturing . They were delusional. They used to have a metal box with Egyptian hieroglyphics carved on the outside. On the inside were hallways that led through a maze. They would open the door of the box and place an animal inside. Then they would slam the door piercing the animal with sharp nails that were located on the inside of the door. Like a miniature iron maiden.

This sounds like a Hollywood movie to people. In my day it was real. The crimes were real. To me there are no demons. There is no Satan and its just mentally challenged people who were potential rapist at a young age or they pursued the left hand path because Mommy didn't give them enough attention when they were young. Maybe she didn't breast feed them and they hated the world for it 🤷

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 10:25

[/QUOTE]

Yes..it was strange indeed. The experience itself was unusual. The problem for SRA victims is the doubt people have regarding their stories...although some SRA victims are full of sh*t and trying to make a profit and of course that doesn't help either.

Wikipedia states that there has never been any real evidence to prove that SRA exists. That's ridiculous. It's existed for years and back in my time it wasn't even called SRA. Consequently a lot of ritual abuse derives from practices in Black Magic. People are so blind. People worshipped Satan centuries ago. Maybe it wasn't modernized as it were during the hippy dippy trippy zippy era...

I don't even believe in the supernatural. I find criminology more interesting. Because that's what it is. Sadistic people that sacrifice humans and animals. They are mentally challenged. It differs in certain ways from what Jeffrey Dahmer would do...but actually has similarities and the idea that demons exist is nonsense to me. Is there any reason to believe that they exist?

These are just people dressing up in cloaks and masks and getting off on torturing . They were delusional. They used to have a metal box with Egyptian hieroglyphics carved on the outside. On the inside were hallways that led through a maze. They would open the door of the box and place an animal inside. Then they would slam the door piercing the animal with sharp nails that were located on the inside of the door. Like a miniature iron maiden.

This sounds like a Hollywood movie to people. In my day it was real. The crimes were real. To me there are no demons. There is no Satan and its just mentally challenged people who were potential rapist at a young age or they pursued the left hand path because Mommy didn't give them enough attention when they were young. Maybe she didn't breast feed them and they hated the world for it 🤷

[/QUOTE] I find that the "occult" and the "supernatural" is so very suggestive-basically, it is dealing with a bunch of unknowns....and in an odd way, though it deals with unpleasant associations with the devil or what have you, it has a power over some people, and they get seduced by the occult and in turn manipulated with like you say-sadistic, mentally challenged people-I don't really believe in the devil, myself-but have met people like the devil on planet earth....Charles Manson and his "Family" were another bad bunch, and Manson would use lsd to control and manipulate his followers sometimes....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 10:41

[/QUOTE] I find that the "occult" and the "supernatural" is so very suggestive-basically, it is dealing with a bunch of unknowns....and in an odd way, though it deals with unpleasant associations with the devil or what have you, it has a power over some people, and they get seduced by the occult and in turn manipulated with like you say-sadistic, mentally challenged people-I don't really believe in the devil, myself-but have met people like the devil on planet earth....Charles Manson and his "Family" were another bad bunch, and Manson would use lsd to control and manipulate his followers sometimes....[/QUOTE]

Yes very true!! Growing up in that environment is something I resent to a degree. It was like being subjected to people most of the time that were either lost or just had a back in the woods mentality. It's just garbage and I just needed a change of scenery. The hamsters started getting to me.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 17:35

Cheers to you! I guess that is unusual to remember something like how many hits of acid I took, but unlike pot and hash, which I was on almost daily back then, the lsd trips were more memorable- for all unpleasant reasons....don't know about you, but the lsd I took was laced with real poison, strychinine, and the trips were an incredible shock to the system....man, I am glad we survived.....

Never had a bad trip, truth to tell. And I will guarantee you, back in the day, if someone cut acid with strychnine where I lived he would be found floating face down in the Detroit River.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2024 at 06:57

Never had a bad trip, truth to tell. And I will guarantee you, back in the day, if someone cut acid with strychnine where I lived he would be found floating face down in the Detroit River.

Hi,

Thx ... was gonna post the same thing. It suggests that a specific, temperament is the requirement for doing acid, in those days, before it went horribly commercial and cut with everything you can think of. 

However, I was careful when taking it and where, so it would be less dangerous or scary all around. And I find this is the difference in many cases of some friends, some of which took it any time and any place ... and although I was not super crazy, I did so some funny, strange, weird things. But mostly, I liked to take it and put on the headset and listen to music ... which was a very special combination.

But yeah, the b*****ds that milked down and cut the original good stuff for greed, are the ones that created most of the chaos. The study in Berkeley that was done on acid, never mentioned a bad trip ... and specified that being careful was the most important thing ... or at least have your girlfriend/boyfriend with you!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2024 at 16:13
Sitting on a bench next to an old friend and trying to accept that her brain has been damaged from Acid was rough on me. It was 1976. I never payed attention to drugs and definitely wasn't knowledgeable in any sense of the word. I noticed that Acid did not do this to everyone however it did damage a significant amount of my teenage friends. She just sat staring into the sky. She seemed lost and when I crossed paths with her in the 80s she acted robotic. She was such a beautiful person and it sucked that her personality was ruined. All the magic in her personality was wiped out.

I knew this guitarist that was really diverse for his age. He had to be committed to Ancora Psychiatric Hospital. He was released and when I heard his guitar playing it was nonsensical. A real talent he had and it was wiped out by a bad Acid trip. He never rejoined the workforce and sat in the corner a lot.

A keyboardist I played in a Progressive Rock band with started taking Acid and turning up to rehearsal with a map that he drew of an underwater city. He would waste a lot of time at rehearsal explaining to the band how he designed the city and that it could be built. This went on for about a week. We had a show on the weekend and at rehearsal his wife called to say that he had to be admitted to the Ancora Psychiatric Hospital and that he was on the roof of the house screaming that he could fly.

Norman was a great keyboardist. He had a several keyboards. A mellotron and he used to get all the sounds for the Vangelis album Heaven & Hell. You'd think it was the album you were listening to. He played Dave Greenslade stuff...Rick Wakeman..he was incredible..what a shame.

We had a show coming up and we couldn't find a keyboardist. I decided to drive to the hospital to see if I could reach him. I wasnt allowed to see him because he was on closed ward. 😔 Wth happened? How does somebody that good on keyboards never play again based on a bad Acid trip?

That was 1976. Fast forward to 1996 ..I was rehearsing with a Blues band. In the basement I could see a couple standing in a corner. When I saw the guy I knew it was Norman. I approached him and said..." Hi Norman...its Johnny...how are you?" He said..."I'm not Norman anymore" "I'm Noah now". I thought it was strange and later that night the drummer told me that Norman and his girlfriend were both in Ancora a few months ago. Their eyes were piercing and all I could think about was Norman's energy level in the 70s when he played Prog Rock and how enthusiastic he was. How we would turn off our amps and sit around his keyboards while he played pieces from Six Wives by Wakeman. How sad. A musician that great lost his talent from having a bad trip.
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2024 at 02:45
I never did LSD until I was almost 30.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2024 at 23:11
Whenever I think about living through the 70s I have definite issues with society's way of reasoning during that time period. Take cults for example...certain people thought they were divine and all sorts of brainwashed morons trusted them.

I'd be sitting next to someone where the signs would be obvious that they belonged to a cult. All I could think was.."Okay you are that...now get away from me. It was revealed to me later in life that the town I grew up in had a documented history of cults and "occult related crimes".

In 1957 Juan Rivera Aponte murdered 13 year old Roger Carletto and buried him beneath a shack. After a certain amount of time passed he dug up his body and removed his powdered skull. He used his skull in a Black Magic spell. A love spell from an old book. He thought that a particular girl that he had eyes for would fall in love with him and it didn't work. Carleton was reported missing and when the cops questioned Aponte he pretended to know very little while setting his boss up for the murder. His boss was incarcerated for a while until Aponte finally came clean and admitted to the murder. He died in prison years later.

By the time I was 15 years old...I woke to the realization that cults gathered by the water or in the woods to worship and actually sacrifice people. Around this time several people went missing.

The 3rd generation Watchtower Society in the Vineland area were interested in occult practices. They tried to channel a demon through Ravyn Guliani ...a young family member who they felt possessed powers to connect with "Hell beings" as she was lowered into a snake pit of dead snakes ...and the gathering of adults would chant. They used her through automatic writing. They were interested in Luciferian practices.

City officials didn't pay attention to reports of cults in the woods. Not until a body submerged at Menantico. Then they took it seriously and Charles Pangburn chief of police began collecting evidence in Vineland and the surrounding areas. His theory was that people were being trained or cultivated to perform rituals.

Some incidents involved people sighting cults and calling the police with the police arriving after the cult fled. It was a strange town to live in for these reasons..but it angered me that it wasn't kept under control. People lie through their teeth on the internet about this place. Total liars.
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2024 at 05:56
Wow, interesting... I wonder if the cults now are just online.

Never heard about the "Moonies" anymore. I wonder if the cult documentaries scare people away.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>