Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you for being here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote MysteryBox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you for being here
    Posted: February 29 2024 at 18:29
Long time lurker, I feel the need to express how valuable ProgArchives are. 
I was born in Soviet Union. It was not easy to access western music then, so the sounds that reached us from the outside were rare and treasured. I came across JT and VDGG then. 
I am of mixed Russian/Ukrainian background. These last 2 years were hard. I am lucky to be far away from the war, but I learned it the hard way that there is such a thing as vicarious trauma. 
I always thought that books will be my refuge from the storm, but this war took away the joy from to 2 out of 3 of my languages.  What kept me sane was the music. I could have written pages on the therapeutic value of RPI LOL
Not sure, if I'll be posting a lot here, but this much I must say.
This is a very special place, where people talk of things I love, where I can learn of new music or hear an interesting take on the familiar topic. So, thanks ProgArchives.

Edited by MysteryBox - February 29 2024 at 20:30
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2024 at 18:59
You're welcome -
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2024 at 04:12
Welcome, MB, and thanks. I hope you do post and share more of you here. We share our interests with each other and learn from each other and share with each other. I appreciate this community and my time here.
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2024 at 04:30
Hello, and welcome. Smile
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2024 at 04:49
ALL are welcome here !
My hearts goes out to everyone who suffers at the whims of a fanatical douche-bag.

In the imortal words of Robert Duvall's character Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore from Apocalypse Now...
"Someday this war's gonna end."
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2024 at 05:19
Welcome to ProgArchives! Smile

The Waterboys - Red Army Blues (commemorating the Soviet heroes of The Great Patriotic War, 1941-1945) Broken Heart

Post Reply Post Reply