Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The return of the Leviathan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leviathan Italy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The return of the Leviathan
    Posted: March 02 2024 at 05:49
2024 - The return of the Leviathan: "Heartquake / Redux", released on AMS Records, distributed by BFT, is the re-recording of the band's debut album.
When Leviathan decided to do a reunion, after many years, they thought it was a splendid opportunity to bring back an album which, for many critics and experts, marked the return of progressive music on the Italian soil in the 80s, after the punk movement the video pop and new wave had swept it away at the end of the 70s. At the time, Leviathan had to break the piggy bank to be able to afford 5 days in the studio to record it and mix it. Too little time to do justice to the splendid music, composed by Sandro Wlderk, with the lyrics and voice of Alex Brunori. Today, the band has everything they didn't have back then: the time, the experience and the technology to play and record it properly. And a super-group, which in addition to the historical members of the band, Alex Brunori on vocals, Andrea Amici on keyboards and Andrea Moneta on drums (now also behind the drums for Zopp), sees the presence of Andrea Castelli, legendary prog bassist active with Il Rovescio della Medaglia, and Fabio Serra, who is not only one of the best Italian guitarists, not only is the mind behind the progressive Røsenkreütz project, but also one of the most refined and expert producers and sound engineers around. This new edition, for which Alex took care of the artwork and creative direction, is available both in physical format, as a CD, distributed by BFT: https://btf.it/prodotto/leviathan-heartquake-redux-cd/ and in high quality download on the AMS bandcamp: https://leviathan-ams.bandcamp.com/album/heartquake-redux
A proper thank you goes to Matthias Scheller, who believed in this project and welcomed us into AMS Records. We hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed bringing it back to life.
Heartquake / Redux
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2024 at 06:01
I never heard heartquake but I always liked Bee Yourself quite a bit.
Leviathan Italy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leviathan Italy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2024 at 12:51
@AFlowerKingCrimson thank you! Bee Yourself was a great record, recorded after Heartquake but with more time and better recording quality. I hope you will also enjoy the new version of Heartquake!
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2024 at 23:18
I'd be more interested in Leviathan reissuing Bee Yourself (which is super hard to get now and I had to pirate it to even listen to it) on Bandcamp rather than rerecording their debut.

Edited by Hrychu - March 02 2024 at 23:20
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Leviathan Italy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leviathan Italy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2024 at 02:31
@Hrychu Bee Yourself soon to be re-published. in the meanwhile, please enjoy our effort to bring to life Heartquake in its Redux release.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2024 at 07:05
Originally posted by Leviathan Italy Leviathan Italy wrote:

@Hrychu Bee Yourself soon to be re-published. in the meanwhile, please enjoy our effort to bring to life Heartquake in its Redux release.
Thx! I can't wait!
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2024 at 02:46
Originally posted by Leviathan Italy Leviathan Italy wrote:

If I remember well, your keyboardist opened for Rick Wakeman in Rome some decades ago, am I right?
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Danielk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2024 at 07:49
Wonderful rock album. It brings me back to some of the best moments with Pink Floyd
 Post Reply Post Reply