Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perigeo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perigeo
    Posted: March 14 2024 at 13:56
This is a new thread dedicated to the Italian Jazz rock fusion band Perigeo; I have none of their material but have sampled some of their albums on youtube and they are really, really good! Don't know much about them apart from that exposure.
           Would love to hear from fans of the band!

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2024 at 03:52
Musically, I find them between Nucleus (Ian Carr's band) and Soft Machine (the 3 to 7 era)
All of their studio albums are rather good (except for their last one), and the double live is fine as well.
I'd say that if you own any two of them, you own them all, though
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2024 at 16:30
Genealogia Is one of my favourite albums.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2024 at 17:26
Azimut was the first Italian album I ever purchased. I own over 250 Italian prog albums. RPI is one of my top five prog sub-genres.  

A North Texas University jazz drummer introduced me to Perigeo.  I circle back around to Perigeo several times each year.  I adore the atmosphere of Azimut.Wink
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 18:06
You all have me excited to give their first three a spin starting tonight.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 18:44
Also I seemed to compare them to weather Report a lot so I'm going through those albums too as well as another Italian band Napoli Centrale.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 15:39
Okay Doug I'll give you my favourite when I find that out. Spun all three once so far. All are great, vocals on the first two are non invasive.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2024 at 13:00
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Okay Doug I'll give you my favourite when I find that out. Spun all three once so far. All are great, vocals on the first two are non invasive.
Cool, John....
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2024 at 13:07
^ Did you get a chance to properly listen to any of the albums yet, Doug? I have spun Genealogia and Abbiamo tutti un blues da piangere the most. I want to play Azimut again today.

Great band imo.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2024 at 13:51
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^ Did you get a chance to properly listen to any of the albums yet, Doug? I have spun Genealogia and Abbiamo tutti un blues da piangere the most. I want to play Azimut again today.

Great band imo.
  Yes, some of them.....for some reason I could not get much into Azimut, but I really like Genealogia, Fata Morgana and La Valle Dei Templi very much, with La Valle Dei Templi being my fave, so far.....Fata Morgana was recorded in Toronto!
                 This band has a great musical "synergy" that I find at times really irresistible....
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2024 at 14:42
^ "This band has a great musical "synergy" that I find at times really irresistible...." Beautifully phrased. :) Genealogia has been my favourite but I have not yet heard the later albums.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2024 at 00:53
After spinning the first three three times I do prefer the debut Azimut with the next one "Abbiamo..." coming close to that. They did a successful tour of Europe with Weather Report in 1975 the year after "Genealogia" came out.
I had fun playing my favourite five from Weather Report this past week as well. The trio that follows their debut are my top three from them.
I'm so glad you asked about Perigeo Doug I needed to re-visit. All of my cds by them are on RCA and first edition cds with very little to no info.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
 Post Reply Post Reply