Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A rather abitrary list of 60s albums in PA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Please vote for three if you can (or more or less)...
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [1.91%]
2 [1.27%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [1.27%]
22 [14.01%]
5 [3.18%]
1 [0.64%]
6 [3.82%]
6 [3.82%]
7 [4.46%]
4 [2.55%]
4 [2.55%]
3 [1.91%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [0.64%]
1 [0.64%]
16 [10.19%]
30 [19.11%]
4 [2.55%]
13 [8.28%]
9 [5.73%]
2 [1.27%]
2 [1.27%]
3 [1.91%]
11 [7.01%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 03:23
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King
The Beatles - Revolver
Pink Floyd - A Saucerful Of Secrets
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 05:29
If not going for the obvious ones (PF and other KCs), then I should go with the Germans... but Canterbury is a nice city and I see some without votes yet, so I'll give one to Kevin Ayers and another one to The Soft Machine. And then Frank Zappa, of course.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 11:25
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Santana fanboy (apart from the numerous songs with guest singers, I bypass all those like I avoid traffic jams). The 1969 self-titled album is the birth of the Latin rock subgenre and thus is exceedingly important.

Of course, I also love Crimson, Jimi and Miles!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2024 at 14:39
King Crimson, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Amon Dull II.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2024 at 13:15
KC, Jimi, Beatles, Santana, Zappa...
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 09:31
Scott Walker, Pink Floyd, and Caravan. They will find soap inside a box of toilet water and then put a towel on the floor.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Big Sky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2024 at 12:36
1) King Crimson
2) Hendrix
3) Santana
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2024 at 09:22
The usual suspects are ITCOTCK, Are you experienced, A Saucerful of secrets, The Doors and Revolver.

I voted for three personal favorites: East of Eden, Familiy and The United States of America.

Edited by Olape - March 27 2024 at 17:03
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2024 at 13:42
Originally posted by Olape Olape wrote:

The usual suspects are ITCOTCK, Are you experienced, A Sacuceful of secrets, The Doors and Revolver.

I voted for three personal favorites: East of Eden, Family and The United States of America.

Interesting, I wrote before that I was going to vote for those same three, but then excised it from my vote as I felt I also wanted to vote for Pentangle's and Arzachel. Now I recall that I set it up so that I am permitted by the guidelines I wrote to vote for more than three options if I or anyone do so choose. EDIT: gave those a vote but would like to vote for most here (not surprising as these are all my choices even if rather arbitrarily chosen from albums I know and like).

While I included ItCotCK, actually it's not one of my favourite KC releases. I prefer the 1970 to 1974 period. And while In the Wake of Poseidon gets accused by some as being too much like In the Court, and I've heard it called a rip-off of the debut, I considerably prefer it to In the Court of the Crimson King. Lizard, Islands, Larks' Tongues in Aspic and Red are magnificent to me. Unlike many, I am not into Discipline.

Edited by Logan - March 27 2024 at 14:12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12