Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Patchwork Cacophony album: Hourglass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Patchwork Cacophony album: Hourglass
    Posted: March 24 2024 at 06:20
Hi all,

After eight years where I've been focussing on Gandalf's Fist and Broken Parachute releases I've finally carved out some time to return to Patchwork Cacophony in order to record a third album.

This one is called Hourglass and I think it has a recognisable sound from the previous two albums but with new elements that are reminiscent of the other bands I've been working with. There's four long tracks woven together by some shorter instrumental pieces and while it's not a grand concept album it's still conceived as a whole album experience rather than a set of independent tracks.

The CD is currently available on pre-order from the Patchwork Cacophony website, and the digital download (along with a preview track) on Bandcamp. The official release date is 1st May, but you never know whether those recalcitrant digital gnomes are going to push it out to early birds a little bit ahead of schedule. ;)

This one won't be on Spotify or Apple Music, any time soon, but there will instead be an EP called Halfhourglass which contains abbreviated, shuffle-friendly "radio edit" versions of the four main tracks.

If you write reviews here and this sort of stuff is your cup of tea I'm happy to provide some review copies.

Release Date: 1st May 2024
Record Label: Patchwork Studios
Email: info@patchworkcacophony.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/PatchworkCacophony
Twitter: @PatchworkCacoph

Track listing:
1. Wake Up
2. Carpe Diem
3. Perspective I
4. Blind Faith
5. My Home Is Tomorrow
6. Perspective II