Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Solo British Prog Albums: 1999

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which is your favourite album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [12.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [8.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [24.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [20.00%]
1 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.00%]
3 [12.00%]
2 [8.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solo British Prog Albums: 1999
    Posted: April 14 2024 at 03:07

5 stars 1999: Nick Magnus - Inhaling Green 
3 stars 1999: Anthony Phillips - Private Parts & Pieces X: Soiree - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdktF-lL0yEbQCZlL2Y7kjxlph87r-lRf
5 stars 1999: Rick Wakeman - Return to the Centre of the Earth - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LsTzjhyPoSljWMK5h2ln9ce
4 stars 1999: Rick Wakeman - Stella Bianca (with Mario Fasciano) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LsmyXoDbId_8h7XpRSzYYOD

Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 04:11
David Sylvian - Dead Bees On A Cake
Rick Wakeman - Return To The Centre Of The Earth
Annie Haslam - The Dawn Of Ananda
Mike Oldfield - The Millenium Bell
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 04:14
Fish Raingods With Zippos album cover
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 08:01
Fish > Hackett. The Earth is surrounded by peas and vacation planners.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 08:37
1. Rick Wakeman - Return to the Centre of the Earth
2. Nick Magnus - Inhaling Green
3. Mike Oldfield - The Millennium Bell
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 11:20
Jeff Beck!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 11:46
David Sylvian's Dead Bees on a Cake is the only album here that I have heard in full but still I'm comfortable giving it a vote. I've heard some of David Bowie's Hours.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 15:35
Steve Hackett : Darktown
then
Hamiill, Fish, Bowie, Philllips,..
"Mellotron is to progrock what watercolor is to painting. Diaphanous and mesmerizing"
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 15:52
I really like that Hackett album, not big on what I know of the rest.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Moyan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 18:23
My vote goes to Hackett's "Darktown."
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 19:16
Mr. Hackett. 
Welcome to the middle of the film.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2024 at 23:10
I'm probably the only person that likes the Millennium Bell (sometimes referred to as 'TB4'). Guitars is also decent.

Just noticed Nick Magnus - Inhaling Green. I would have voted for that but a bit quick on the button.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 00:49
Just a remark: Annie Haslam is neither in Related, here.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 01:03
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Just a remark: Annie Haslam is neither in Related, here.
I haven't given up hope that Annie may one day be added to PA's hallowed halls under Prog Related, having been suggested for inclusion here several times already. Smile
VianaProghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VianaProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 04:46
Fish - Raingods With Zippos.
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)
Steve Wyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Wyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2024 at 13:24
Return to the Centre of the Earth > Darktown (although it's very close!) 
FloydianPinkRose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FloydianPinkRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 14:12
This is part reply and part apology. My reason for posting this is probably irrelevant to those who read it unaware of what transpired a short time ago in a discussion we had. But I hope it’s not irrelevant to Psychedelic Paul since his choices of albums here are very significant and have much symbolism surrounding our discussion and how I felt afterwards.
Psychedelic Paul has a real knack for writing cleverly worded musical creations and being his number one fan, i treasure that. Unfortunately I have kind of let life encroach and dropped off commenting and praising his work. I am making my feelings known through my own version of a musical creation. Using albums and songs from his choices here.

I refer to his number one choice, Rick Wakeman’s album title, because I truly felt like I had Return (ed) to the Center of the Earth. And was Buried Alive. Just like the song of that title on the album. Psychedelic Paul is kind of The Enigma. Full of mystery and surprises but those are driven by his love of Music especially Prog. But when I messages him I didn’t immediately see a response so I silently said, Is Anyone There. See the significance in the albums? In Nick Magnus’s album Inhaling Green, the song Veil
of Sighs covered over my ears and I imagined never hearing another Prog song and hearing his views on it. Or reading what his fellow Prog fans thought. But Mike Oldfield’s The Millennium Bells rang out clear and I knew I had to show him
I appreciated him by a post praising his gifts. You can’t leave a treasured gift in the shelf to occasionally admire. You need to take it down and show the joy you feel having it daily. So like the album’s song Peace on Earth I feel there really is and i hope he finds joy in this post. Thanks for your time. FloydianPinkRose.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 14:24
Originally posted by FloydianPinkRose FloydianPinkRose wrote:

This is part reply and part apology. My reason for posting this is probably irrelevant to those who read it unaware of what transpired a short time ago in a discussion we had. But I hope it’s not irrelevant to Psychedelic Paul since his choices of albums here are very significant and have much symbolism surrounding our discussion and how I felt afterwards.
Psychedelic Paul has a real knack for writing cleverly worded musical creations and being his number one fan, i treasure that. Unfortunately I have kind of let life encroach and dropped off commenting and praising his work. I am making my feelings known through my own version of a musical creation. Using albums and songs from his choices here....

Better that to praise him than to sacrifice a goat. :)
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2024 at 14:32
^^ Thanks for your lovely compliments as always My Dear. I'm guessing you voted for either Nick Magnus, Rick Wakeman or Mike Oldfield (all great albums!). On the subject of mysteries and enigmas, I've been here all the time, although I did disappear from PA for a whole week at the beginning of last month whilst I was recovering from my 35 mile walk to Melton Mowbray and back (and I didn't even pick up a pork pie). Geek Heart

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - April 18 2024 at 07:41
 Post Reply Post Reply