Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your fave Mr. Bungle studio LP album?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Please choose a favourite and mention a track from it if willing..
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [25.00%]
3 [37.50%]
3 [37.50%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your fave Mr. Bungle studio LP album?
    Posted: April 18 2024 at 13:47
Do you have favourite Mr. Bungle album? The first I got was Disco Volante, but it was California that really made me a fan. I have not heard the latest, but read that it was a re-recording of their first demo tape. The Raging Warth of the Easter Bunny features that perennial holiday classic "Anarchy Up Your Anus", as well as "Bungle Grind" and "Spreading the Thighs of Death". Always a class act.

Please consider sharing a track that you like from the album of your choice, as that is something I love to do. For me it is nice to re-visit music, and to appraise or re-appraise, and it can be very nice (from my perspective) to discover music that way.

I love the accessible and hook-y Pink Cigarette:

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 13:51
California > Disco Volante > Mr Bungle > Easter Bunny
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 14:06
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

California > Disco Volante > Mr Bungle > Easter Bunny

Other than I have not heard Easter Bunny, that's the same order for me.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 14:38
I haven't heard Easter Bunny either, but my preference clearly is for the first album. Obviously I can't tell whether this has something to do with being the first Mr. Bungle experience for me. It hit me very strongly, and the two albums then still feel a bit underwhelming to me compared to it.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 14:45
^ Could be, in my case (not having heard Easter Bunny), California was the last of those three albums I heard. I think when I was first exposed to Mr Bungle I just was not yet ready for that kind of musical expression.
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 15:34
Disco Volante easily for me. The debut was too out there and California isn't far enough out there. But Disco Volante is just right.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 15:42
All first three equally. Debut is the most funk metal, second the most avant-garde and the third the most accessible yet all were equally innovative in their own way. They reinvented themselves each time. Of course these albums took years to fully appreciate. Now they're all easily top 50 albums of all time.

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8767d0917ffc15bc',t:'MTcxMzQ3NjQ0MS45NjgwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2024 at 15:45
Disco Volante, if I had to choose. Which in real life I fortunately do not have to. Smile

I do love all of them, and this is my favorite MB video, created by fans. Enjoy!

Edited by MikeEnRegalia - April 18 2024 at 15:52
 Post Reply Post Reply