Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 243>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:07
 It's amazing to see how popular these consoles are these days ... I never had one and I guess I never will. C64, Amiga, PC ... that's my gaming history.
Fantômas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantômas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:07
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Originally posted by Fantômas Fantômas wrote:

Oh, and I finished Mario Advance 2 yesterday, I'll probably begin one of these two:

I didn't like the Ultimate Spider-Man of PS2...

Why don't you like the PS2 version?

And why would you rather play it on the Advance?

It's not that I didn't like, it didn't match my expectations... Spider-Man - The Movie is one of my favorites on the PS2, and I was expecting something even better. But it's not as good as the movie one, but it's a good game. So I'll try to play on the GBA, because I'm not expecting anything but a good action game.
And above all, is punk
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:11
Look at my sig.
stinkfist View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinkfist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:12
agreed
the first spiderman game on gamecube was amazing
i havent played the sequel to the first movie game
but i didnt enjoy the demo i played for ultimate spider man
how can this mean anything to me?
when i really dont feel a thing at all
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:16

Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

Look at my sig.

Look at my post.

BTW: There's a nice trailer available on the elder scrolls website: http://www.elderscrolls.com/

The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:29

Warcraft 3 is awesome.

so is battlefield 1942

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:41

Originally posted by stinkfist stinkfist wrote:

agreed
the first spiderman game on gamecube was amazing
i havent played the sequel to the first movie game
but i didnt enjoy the demo i played for ultimate spider man

Haven't you played Spider-Man2?That game blows the first Spider-Man game away.It is open ended and free roaming and you have the whole city of New York to play in,ala Grand Theft Auto.Besides the story missions there are a ton of side missions and secrets to find.The detail is amazing.The first game was very linear and you couldn't even go down onto the street.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:50

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

It's amazing to see how popular these consoles are these days ... I never had one and I guess I never will. C64, Amiga, PC ... that's my gaming history.

I am a total console gamer.PC games never really appealed to me.

Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cygnus X-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:57

Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

Cyggie...what don't you like about the battle system in Tales of Symphonia?

Just asking because I was seriously thinking of buying that game this weekend.

It not that it is bad, it is actually a very good system. I'm just more inclined to the turn-based systems.

Yeah,I love the turn based battle system.That's one of the reasons I liked Final Fantasy X so much.

One of the reasons why I've completed FFX about 3 times.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 14:07

So I suppose your PC isn't equipped with a state-of-the-art graphics card?

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 14:17

It's much easier to buy a new $400 console ever 4 or 5 years than it is to update my puter every 6 months because a new game (like Half life 2 or F.E.A.R.) comes out.

X360 comes out in a month!!!

Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cygnus X-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 14:20

It's much easier to buy a new $400 console ever 4 or 5 years than it is to update my puter every 6 months because a new game (like Half life 2 or F.E.A.R.) comes out.

Are you getting it immediately, though?

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 14:23
Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

Are you getting it immediately, though?

I would like to, but unfortunatly as of now I only have $800 of my desired $1300 to $1500 to buy my guitar rig. I can't decide if I want just a guitar, effects processor and an amp, or a guitar, effects processor, head and a cabinet. The latter way will be a bit more expensive. But if I can't get the XBOX360 at launch, I'll get it by Christmastime for sure.

Besides, I don'y think Oblivion will make launch, and PD ZERO is going to be a letdown I think, so It might be better to wait anyway.

Edited by stonebeard
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 14:30

One of our puters is a brand spanking new HP.I just don't like sitting at the computer playing games.I like kicking back in the easy chair and playing games on my PS2 and flatscreen tv.

Ed_The_Dead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed_The_Dead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 14:30

I used 2 be a hardcore CS 1.6 gamer... 2 years gaming... (inc one pr0-clan year)... After that I bought HL2 & started playing CS:S quite a lot... If anyone want a match post in the CS:S thread!

I'm also a big Blizzard-fan... Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Diablo 2... love these games 2!

James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 15:03

One of our puters is a brand spanking new HP.I just don't like sitting at the computer playing games.I like kicking back in the easy chair and playing games on my PS2 and flatscreen tv.

I'm the same way- I thought my console days were over after the SNES, I was determined to only play on PC...and then my wife got me an Xbox. It's just so much more comfortable & convenient to play from the sofa!

Though I still maintain my PC gaming, off and on. There's some PC-only games (stuff like RTS and MMORPGs, mostly) and some games that just do more on PC (lots of Morrowind mods, and I love state of the art graphics...I'm just foolish enough to have a copy of Morrowind & Doom 3 for PC and Xbox ). My 2-year old Radeon 9800 still has plenty of life left in it...I can play Doom 3 on full res with no problem.

BTW progtologist: So far, I like Darkwatch a lot. The only thing is that I've heard that it's kinda short.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 15:28

Although I currently only have a 19" LCD, I'm planning to buy a 30" display for my computer. I also use it as a TV set, with Windows MCE. I'm really looking forward to playing Counter-Strike: Source at 1280x720 on a 30" display ...

Progbear View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 15:35
Being Mr. Retro SEGA Genesis:

[IMG] http://www.denness.net/rpi/u/Progbear/fs/8/w/500/cp/2/s/5/si g.png">
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 16:17

^

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 17:13

Originally posted by Progbear Progbear wrote:

Being Mr. Retro SEGA Genesis:

Been a lonnnnnnnnngggggggg time since I played that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 243>