Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 243>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video & PC Game Discussion
    Posted: October 22 2005 at 02:13

I'm trying to create a thread for some video and pc game discussion.Just wondering what the people here who are gamers are playing right now.

Right now I am heavily into:

and:

I love Rockstar Games,especially the Grand Theft Auto series,and just bought The Warriors tonight but haven't got the chance to play it yet.

Edited by TheProgtologist - January 24 2012 at 02:27

James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 02:37
Shadow of the Colossus looks incredible- beautiful art and soundtrack, too.

I just finished up with Doom 3 and X-Men Legends II (both undoubtedly but nothing amazing), and now I'm knee-deep in Darkwatch. On PC, I'm freaking myself out again with Silent Hill 3, the one game in the series I never finished...maybe this time?

Coming up: Call of Cthulhu and Fatal Frame 3. This is the best time of the year for games, there just ain't enough hours in the day to play all the ones that look cool. I'm even more envious of DS owners than usual...and the 360 is just around the corner...
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 05:52

Diablo 2, or rather the expansion Lord of Destruction. Jean preferably plays an amazon, her sister an assassin, and I a sorceress. The 1.11 patch brought a few new changes, but most important was the 1.10 patch, which really changed the game due to the synergetic effects and made the game a lot more interesting than it already was.

And I really like this holiday wallpaper from blizzard, with the sorceress under the mistletoe going "yuk" and a worried looking amazon, fearing she is next.

Edited by BaldFriede

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 05:58

I'm mainly playing Counter-Strike:Source these days. But currently I'm also enjoying Rag Doll Kung Fu ... a hilarious game, suitable for any person with a bit o f humour.

I'm looking forward to the release of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion ... I really enjoyed Morrowind.

Lindsay Lohan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsay Lohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 09:12

Currently playing Myst series...wich is the best ever adventure games...and i recommend it to anyone with takes pleasure in soving intelligent riddles...

Aslo enjoying black and white 2 and Diablo 2 is reaally cool also!

Also looking foreward to half life 2 aftermath!!!

Logos View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 09:25
Football Manager 05
SomethingGood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SomethingGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 09:53
currently can't stop playing:

and

Click the image. CLICK IT!!!
porter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 10:33

I'm actually trying to overcome the creepy atmosphere of System Shock 2...I didn't believe all the things everybody said about it, but it's true, it's absolutely the SCARIEST game I've ever played, way worse than Resident Evil/Silent Hill kind of games. I just find myself TREMBILNG while I'm playing!!!! And I've seen all kind of fps's!!! And it's the first time!!! Does anybody know/play/like it?

"my kingdom for a horse!" (W. Shakespeare, "Richard III")
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 10:47

XIII

TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 11:07

Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

Shadow of the Colossus looks incredible- beautiful art and soundtrack, too.

I just finished up with Doom 3 and X-Men Legends II (both undoubtedly but nothing amazing), and now I'm knee-deep in Darkwatch. On PC, I'm freaking myself out again with Silent Hill 3, the one game in the series I never finished...maybe this time?

Coming up: Call of Cthulhu and Fatal Frame 3. This is the best time of the year for games, there just ain't enough hours in the day to play all the ones that look cool. I'm even more envious of DS owners than usual...and the 360 is just around the corner...

I really like X-Men Legends 2,which I just got finished playing not too long ago.I liked the approach for that game and the first game,it reminded me of Gauntlet:Legends.

Darkwatch was really cool,what do you think of it?

stinkfist View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinkfist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 11:30

whats the name of the game where you fight with comic book characters
i saw a commercial for it the other day and i forgot the name of it

how can this mean anything to me?
when i really dont feel a thing at all
Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cygnus X-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 11:57

Brilliant RPG with a nice story, but the battle system is hit and miss.

And this is simply one of the best games ever made.

AtLossForWords View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtLossForWords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:02
I'm usually into console RPGs.  I love the Final Fantasy series.  The last game i bought was probably Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.  Yeah, it has been awhile since i've bought video games.

"Mastodon sucks giant monkey balls."
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:13
Originally posted by stinkfist stinkfist wrote:

whats the name of the game where you fight with comic book characters
i saw a commercial for it the other day and i forgot the name of it

Marvel Nemesis:Rise of the Imperfects

Me and my son have been playing that game alot.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:14

Cyggie...what don't you like about the battle system in Tales of Symphonia?

Just asking because I was seriously thinking of buying that game this weekend.

Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cygnus X-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:16
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

It not that it is bad, it is actually a very good system. I'm just more inclined to the turn-based systems.

Fantômas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantômas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:39

And above all, is punk
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:53
Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

It not that it is bad, it is actually a very good system. I'm just more inclined to the turn-based systems.

Yeah,I love the turn based battle system.That's one of the reasons I liked Final Fantasy X so much.

Fantômas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantômas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 12:57
Oh, and I finished Mario Advance 2 yesterday, I'll probably begin one of these two:

I didn't like the Ultimate Spider-Man of PS2...
And above all, is punk
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2005 at 13:00

Originally posted by Fantômas Fantômas wrote:

Oh, and I finished Mario Advance 2 yesterday, I'll probably begin one of these two:

I didn't like the Ultimate Spider-Man of PS2...

Why don't you like the PS2 version?

And why would you rather play it on the Advance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 243>