Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 243>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 03:49
I found this answer that seems reasonable:
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/a/539

I think for the disk size 30/40 GB is more than enough
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 03:53
^ Thanks. I got another answer here.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 04:22
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

After a day of pondering which I should get between Grid Autosport and F1 2013, I've decided on the latter.  I even found a region free copy of the Complete Edition (has the 80's, 90's and classic tracks all included), so this should tide me over until Codemasters releases the 2014 edition on the next gen consoles.

Picked up Grid Autosport today for the 360.  It's a little too arcadey (although still not an arcade racer, just too forgiving), but it's still pretty fun with all the different types of racing included.

Does this Grid has the rewind thing like the first one? I didn't like the game because of it: I couldn't concentrate on the race since I could rewind if I did anything wrong. The same goes to Dirt 2.

It does, but you can turn that option off and in turn, you get an XP bonus in your career mode.  So, at least there's a bonus for people that don't care for that too much.  I'm also one of them. LOL
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 18:12

After a day of pondering which I should get between Grid Autosport and F1 2013, I've decided on the latter.  I even found a region free copy of the Complete Edition (has the 80's, 90's and classic tracks all included), so this should tide me over until Codemasters releases the 2014 edition on the next gen consoles.

Picked up Grid Autosport today for the 360.  It's a little too arcadey (although still not an arcade racer, just too forgiving), but it's still pretty fun with all the different types of racing included.

Does this Grid has the rewind thing like the first one? I didn't like the game because of it: I couldn't concentrate on the race since I could rewind if I did anything wrong. The same goes to Dirt 2.

It does, but you can turn that option off and in turn, you get an XP bonus in your career mode.  So, at least there's a bonus for people that don't care for that too much.  I'm also one of them. LOL

That's better, at least there's some reward. I think I'll put it on my Steam wishlist for next christmas sales, although I still havent played much Race 07 since I bought it Unhappy

Edited by Meltdowner - August 08 2014 at 18:16
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 21:12
I'm still waiting to experience that "it" moment with these racing "sims" that have been coming out recently.  They've been pretty solid over the past couple of years, but not to where I'm wowed like I was when I first played NASCAR Racing 2003 Season on the PC.  That still remains the best all around sim (at least for oval racing) available.  The graphics are 10 years old, but the physics and damage are stellar, not to mention the plethora of mods available.  I have my hopes up for Project CARS and next year's F1 game that's being released on the One and PS4, though.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 08:40
Race 07 is a great simulator but there's no carear mode, it's just random championships.
Do you know Assetto Corsa? It's a racing simulator that will be released later this year and seems promising Smile
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 14:43
Currently playing through Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners Of The Earth.

I'm enjoying it so far even though its incredibly f**king hard. Getting shot in the head will kill you instantly, there is no hud so you don't know many bullets are left in your clip, looking at inhuman monsters, and other gruesome/scary things will cause you to go insane and eventually die if you do it to long, and the controls are kinda awkward especially aiming.

It is also one of the buggier games that I've played, but i'd still recommend this to any of you guys that are into survival horror games, the story is interesting, and I enjoy trying (and inevitably failing) to sneak around enemies.

I also want you guys to recommend me some good horror games, not necessarily survival horror or scary games.

I've got Silent Hill 2&3,
The Suffering 2&3
Cold Fear
Area 51
Shadow Man
Alan Wake
Doom 3
Fear 2
Condemned 1&2
Left 4 Dead 1&2
Bioshock
Stalker Shadow Of Chernobyl
Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare
Yume Nikki
Cry Of Fear
Clive Barker's Jericho
You Are Empty
Penumbra Black Plague
Scratches
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
Parasite Eve
Resident Evil 4&5

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 15:13
No Amnesia? :o
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 15:32
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

I'm enjoying it so far even though its incredibly f**king hard. Getting shot in the head will kill you instantly, there is no hud so you don't know many bullets are left in your clip, looking at inhuman monsters, and other gruesome/scary things will cause you to go insane and eventually die if you do it to long, and the controls are kinda awkward especially aiming.

My brother played it a few month ago and he was the one that was losing sanity. LOL
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 16:25
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

No Amnesia? :o

I've been meaning to get it k. But I got into tracking down old hard to find horror games k.
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 16:25

Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

My brother played it a few month ago and he was the one that was losing sanity. LOL

I can believe that.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 03:25

Race 07 is a great simulator but there's no carear mode, it's just random championships.
Do you know Assetto Corsa? It's a racing simulator that will be released later this year and seems promising Smile
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

I've seen a few videos on AC.  I think I'd need to upgrade my PC quite a bit to be able to run it, but it does look fairly promising.  The two main things I want in a solid sim are realistic physics and realistc damage from crashing.  Developers seem to be able to do one or the other, but rarely both.  I'm hoping these next generation of games can fix that. Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 06:53

The two main things I want in a solid sim are realistic physics and realistc damage from crashing.

And then there's Gran Turismo that has none of those two and calls itself "The real driving simulator". LOL
I've played a lot of Gran Turismo 1,2,4 but only because I don't see it as a simulator.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 23:14
^Yep. LOL

You ever play NR2003 on PC?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2014 at 16:27
^The only NASCAR I've played was on Toca Race Driver 3
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 02:19
Okay, if you can ever find a copy of it online or anywhere, get it.  The amount of mods available for it, plus the fact that there's a pretty big community that supports and keeps it fresh.  Yeah, the graphics are 10 years old, but in terms of pure realism and intensity, it doesn't get much better.  It was made by the guys that developed iRacing.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 23:34
Just bought these today and am starting EO IV now.

Gamemako View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamemako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 15:01
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Just bought these today and am starting EO IV now.

Oh Japan and its obsession with pigeon-toed women. LOL

Been playing FF1 via FF Origins lately. Forgot how good that game's design was back in 1990.
Hail Eris!
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 15:47
Finished this one last night:

I'm a bit sad for how easy the game was (I believe I was on the Hard difficulty level), the ending wasn't so grand and adventurous (felt rather forced), and I didn't even say goodbye to all the characters (except Dandelion). Way to kill it at the end, CD Projekt RED.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - August 18 2014 at 15:53
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 17:47

Okay, if you can ever find a copy of it online or anywhere, get it.  The amount of mods available for it, plus the fact that there's a pretty big community that supports and keeps it fresh.  Yeah, the graphics are 10 years old, but in terms of pure realism and intensity, it doesn't get much better.  It was made by the guys that developed iRacing.

I got the game but I can't seem to play it on Windows 7 Cry

Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

^ Thanks. I got another answer here.

Did you manage to get the VM working?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 243>