Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreat place you have here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great place you have here
    Posted: October 30 2005 at 17:32

I should have dropped in here first thing, but I made a pest of myself in several threads right off! I just didn't read far enough down the list of available categories, I was jumping around so much.

As I said in a different thread, one reason I came here is to use this url to back up a projected set list for a radio show I plan to do, replacing the one I do now here at Savannah College of Art and Design (back to finish my degree after working as an artist for about 20 years). The show is on wednesday nights from 8 to 10 pm est in the US(at first it was called Seductive Melacholia, mostly sad stuff, then Chut up, which is all instrumental), it is called The Trip, and can be heard at http://www.scadradio.org . I hope some of you drop by and request something.

As for my prog tastes, they include Genesis (with Gabriel mostly), Yes, King Crimson, ELP, Kansas, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Renaissance, Porcupine Tree and others I can't remember right now.

Like everyone here I assume, I listen to a ton of other stuff as well. My top tier include Springsteen, Loudon Wainwright III, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Mark Eitzel, Marvin Gaye, Ryan Adams, Peter Himmelman, Kate Bush, Jane Siberry, X, Public Enemy, the Posies, and...well, I will shut up now, because I could go on forever. You are welcome to see my list of stuff at http://www.kenmeyerjr.com/html to see a complete list.

I work as an artist and have done work for comics, role playing games, educational media, dvds (very small time), and tons of other stuff.

If you like art of musicians, check my site (the music section) and tell me what you think! http://www.kenmeyerjr.com
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 19:35
yes it is a great place,  I usually post at another music related web-site, but feel myself being drawn more and more to this one.

How about some Gentle Giant on that set-list .  I've made it a point to introduce them to lots of music lovers that had never heard of them, much less heard them.  I've been rather pleased the results, people that hadn't heard of them 3 months ago are scarfing up their albums.  Knots is a song that reels in people in a hurry.  To an open and inquisative mind  I've found, Gentle Giant is addictive.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 21:18

The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 14:39
kenmeyerjr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 10:39

Wow, those last two were pretty loud (and great) welcomes!

As for Gentle Giant, remember, the only one I have is the live one (Playing the Fool) and didn't really get into them, so any suggestions from that (or just listen and make a request...that always makes the dj look good) will help!

remember, it is 8-10 pm tonite, est (in the US) (wednesdays) on www.scadradio.org

If you like art of musicians, check my site (the music section) and tell me what you think! http://www.kenmeyerjr.com
horza View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 12:13
welcome to the site
Originally posted by darkshade:

Calling Mike Portnoy a bad drummer is like calling Stephen Hawking an idiot.
 Post Reply Post Reply