Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedi saw Rush last night at Wembley Arena!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: i saw Rush last night at Wembley Arena!
    Posted: September 09 2004 at 12:11
(that's in London by the way)

they were amazing! they played music spanning their whole discography and they played it well. the sound wasn't that clear but was good enough i spose. it's hard to get the sound right at a big place like that. but yeah, all three of them were great, especially Neil Peart. he can do everything that he has ever been able to do in the past... he hasn't slowed down at all. and his drum solo.... WOW. not the best gig ever but probably in my top 10.

Edited by onslo
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 17:14
I saw them here in Montreal  and loved the intro and Cygnus X-1 but have always hated Pearts's stupid drum solos. The Rythm Method drives me up the wall. C'mon Neil do something different.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2004 at 05:27

I saw them both nights at Wembly this week

Loved the set, dissapointed by the sound though. The worst I'd ever heard at a concert, on Wednesday night. We were sitting on the side right next to the stage. We had a great view of cables, lighting gantrys and equipment cases, but little else. It's always a pleasure to see Rush. They are may favourite band, but I think my expectations are so high, I forget that 'Exit stage left' is a produced record and not a true representation of what they sound like live. I expect to hear every note perfectly...

I was delighted that they played 'Xanadu' and 'Between the wheels' from 'Grace under pressure' a brilliant song, which I've not known them to play live before. I dont think they should have played the covers from their 'Feedback' album. I know they're all in nostalgia mode at the moment, but Rush built their following on being unique, somewhat different to most of their counterparts () at the time. People pay to see Rush play Rush songs, not Who covers. There's plenty of bands playing in pubs doing that, and they dont charge £35 to see them.

8/10

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Tom Sawyer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2004 at 17:38

I saw them last night too, and I thought they were awesome. That was one of the many concerts I have been too in my short life and I highly rated it as my no1. Above AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Iron Maiden. 

Are the rumours true that it is their last UK tour?

I am only 15 and they are my favourite band. I have only seen them once yesterday, and have been waiting my whole life to see them. I was listening to Rush pretty much from day one and learned la villa Strangiato on the air guitar before I could walk :S

I cried I think three times through that gig, mainly when Alex Lifeson opened with "Finding my Way", but what made my night was Neil's Solo/La Ville Strangiato and 2112m - Overture/Temple of Syrinx....

So can anyone confirm that this will infact be their last UK tour?

We are the priests! Of the temple! Of the syrinx!
 Post Reply Post Reply