Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSuicide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: Has it ever seriously crossed your mind?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
60 [51.72%]
56 [48.28%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 15:39
LOLokay now that was useless

oh, my friend is fine...actually it was her that gave advice similar to yoursWink and I'll never forget it, so don't ever underestimate the power of wise words.
Signature Writers Guild on strike
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2007 at 17:57
I get a little worried about anyone who thinks like me.  haha.

Getting very personal:  When I had a lot of pressure, school and family, I got obsessed about the idea of throwing myself off a cliff.  I mean really obsessed with the idea. When I became a little more level-headed, I decided that I should at least take a test run first with a "safety net." I had some friends who had expressed an interest in parachuting, so I went with them.  I was damned scared as I prepared to jump, and it was a blessed relief when that parachute opened and I landed safely.  I haven't thought about throwing myself off a cliff since then.  When you see yourself as living on borrowed time, you can take on challenges that you might not normally take.

There's a line I like from One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest that I like to alter and apply... Instead of obsessing over bad things, "you should be out there batting beavers and clubbing seals".  I know that's very inhumane and I love animals... what was I thinking?  Looks up the real quote, got it quite wrong.  Something about bird-doggin' chickens and bangin' big-toothed rodents. Bestial, anyway.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
jimmy_row View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2007 at 11:22
It's not out of the ordinary for people under high stress to think about "doing it".  Emotion is a very strong force, which can easily overpower better reasoning - in these cases, we lose sight of what the real problem is and attack ourselves when the there is no one culprit....other times we don't necessarily want to harm ourselves but pulling the plug seems like the only way out.  It took me a painfully long time to realize it, but I finally decided that I was living on borrowed time, and hope became the very fabric of my existence - you never know when things can turn around, and every day is a surprise when you wake up without forged expectations. I found myself often thinking:  "you see that, you would'nt have been around for it...good thing you were able to take out that loan on time."

If it seems like there is absolutely nothing to be happy about today, do not cheat yourself of tomorrows greener pastures.
Signature Writers Guild on strike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567