Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFavorite prog-related video clip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Winter Wine View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 06:16

Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

I always have been very impressed by ELP their performance with the Fanfare For The Common Man video clip, recorded in the Montreal Olympic Stadium: the three members (breathing cold air) with their sunglasses, fur coats, the layers of snow and especially Emerson his playing on the sensational Yamaha GX-1 synthesizer ("the Dream Machine"). I am glad that it is included on the Beyond The Beginning Box, I often watch is  !

If your sharp enough you'll notice that there is a big clock in the background and you can see how most of the song was recorded all over the place, one minute its one o clock next it's nine (figures not accurate)

My computer's broke
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 06:09
I always have been very impressed by ELP their performance with the Fanfare For The Common Man video clip, recorded in the Montreal Olympic Stadium: the three members (breathing cold air) with their sunglasses, fur coats, the layers of snow and especially Emerson his playing on the sensational Yamaha GX-1 synthesizer ("the Dream Machine"). I am glad that it is included on the Beyond The Beginning Box, I often watch is  !
zaxx View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 05:58

I'd say I love the clips Peter Gabriel made during the 80s, in particular for "Sledgehammer" and "Big Time". Genesis - "Land of confusion" is funny too.

But I have to say my favorite remains the clip for "Sober" from Tool - it's damn original and fits well with the depressive song.

Destiny... Infinity... Eternity...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12