Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI need some recommendations!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rorro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 03:16

Have you ever heard about porcupine tree?, try the album In Absentia

If you are about to listen genesis, try to listen Selling England by the pound, if you don't like it, i don't think you would like the other albums, if you like it, you can try with the lamb lies down on broadway or foxtrot ( which is my favourite one).

Spammaster View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 03:05
The older I am getting, the more I am getting to appreciate music and the non mainstream bands that are so good yet not commercial.  I've also considered progressive to be one of my favorite genres of music, yet I've never really had a chance to explore it outside of what was commercially succesfull.  So upon visiting this site, I was OVERWHELMED with the amount of bands that are out there!!

Well to cut to the chase, I'd like to get some recommendations from the community out there.  My favorite two bands are Tool and A Perfect Circle.  I know you can argue if they are prog or whatnot, but I love Maynard's singing and find The Thirteenth Step to be my all time favorite album.  I am also a HUGE fan of Pink Floyd, mainly Time and Wish You Where Here.  I dunno if you can lump Led Zeppelin into prog too, but songs like The Battle of Evermore and When the Levee Breaks I find as classics!

From what I've explored it seems like Genises, Jethrol Tull or Crimson King seem like good starts but I'm not too sure which albums of theres to start with or if I'll even like them at all!! 

Thanks for any help!!  It will be appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12