Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Recommend...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
progprogprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progprogprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 17:59
The ancient chinese is another thing, it's a real stuffStar
CloseToTheMoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CloseToTheMoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 10:26
I've been digging a band called The Advantage. They popped up on my Pandora shuffle a few weeks ago. They exclusively play covers of Nintendo songs, but it's done tastefully un-ironically. Just 2 guitars, and a tight bass/drum section.
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
csaboo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2012 at 16:05
Hi,

Beyond the Bridge - The Old Man and the Spirit

This album is fantastic, and I'm surprised that I cannot find any reviews on the band here Shocked 

Hope you like it!

Edit: It is not released yet Approve

Cheers

Edited by csaboo - January 04 2012 at 09:24
pacol78 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacol78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 05:28
Hi everybody!

I would really recommend this new italian band!

They are called FEM Prog Band (FEM stands for Forza elettromotrice - Electromotive Force).

Their new single is on iTunes!

amity62 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amity62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2012 at 09:15
Debut from Serbia - Organized Chaos - inner conflict (2011)  like early pain of salvation 
bensommer View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bensommer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 19:05
Originally posted by amity62 amity62 wrote:

Debut from Serbia - Organized Chaos - inner conflict (2011)  like early pain of salvation 

Great - some tasty djent mindfloss

progger42 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progger42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 17:46
I strongly recommend this - it is a great video containing the music and the artwork that has gone into making In The Last Waking Moments such a high bar album and getting it rated by Prog Archives as one of the best 3 albums of 2011

Watch, listen, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y6bJPSWJak

igySK View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igySK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 12:06
There's not much about Circus Maximus on PA so I'd definitely recommend giving it a listen ;) One of my favourites
felipeterry View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felipeterry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 18:25
Incrible Brazilian Band Saecula Saeculorum ( Symphonic Prog) playing live the song Constelação de Aquarius. Amazing!

robert1953 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 11:24
Just picked up these two fantastic albums on CD re-issue and can recommend to one and all on this great forum.
The first is from a band called LIFE, the album is called 'life after death' and is a must for all fans of hard rock with
superb organ/guitar interplay with 'die for' melodies.

The second gem comes from a band called TIME, this self titled album is prog/rock at its best, if you like bands like Gentle Giant/King Crimson/Yes then this is for you, the members of the band used to be Spontaneous Combustion, need I say more.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 12:49
time is fantastic , i have only their debut album with excelent bonus tracks, they were originaly from yugoslavia i think..
great music!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 12:53
i do not know 'life'  , what's the year of their release?
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 13:15
The Time album is from the British band, confusing as there are a number of bands called Time, the Life album
originally came out on Polydor in 1974.
DogDrama View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogDrama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 03:23
Australian prog folk DAVE CARR'S FABULOUS CONTRAPTION

Very easy, modern, light and melodic

Edited by DogDrama - February 27 2012 at 03:24
http://www.listn.to/DogDrama
DogDrama View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DogDrama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 03:27
on more prog folk. Too hot :)

http://www.listn.to/DogDrama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 04:51

I recently recommended two great albums by LIFE and TIME,  Just wondering if any of you out there picked up on them and what did you think, if you haven't you should, they're so gooooooooood.

wthrailk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wthrailk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 20:55
http://mammothprog.bandcamp.com/ 

free streaming heavy, prog rock, instrumental album. let me know what you guys think
earthworm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earthworm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 11:21
As someone already said here, I have to recommend a great band Beyond the Bridge. About two months ago they released a fantastic debut called "The Old Man and The Spirit". It´s a progmetal band which could be a future of the genre with bands as Haken. The special part is the vocal side of the album - male and female vocals create great harmonies and melodies together. Some may find joy in a concept of the album. Enough said, just check youtube and search for songs like "Doorway to salvation", "The Struggle" for the great vocal harmonies, "Triumph of Irreality" for some taste of instrumental skills or "Where The Earth and Sky Meet" for a ballad in style of "The Spirit Carries On". It´s a shame they are not listed on progarchives yet...
Peter Holland View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Holland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 14:12
This.

ProgEpics View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgEpics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 22:01
"Sounds and Silences" by "A Big Goodbye". If you like clean opeth, radiohead, muse, the dear hunter,  and bands more melody oriented.

Edited by ProgEpics - March 08 2012 at 22:21
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 112>