Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRick Wakeman’s Tour Postponed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rick Wakeman’s Tour Postponed
    Posted: March 01 2006 at 09:46
From Rick's website:

"The Grand Piano Tour USA - POSTPONED

It is with genuine regret that we have to announce that for the very first time in his 37 year career as a professional musician, Rick has had to postpone a scheduled tour, that being the upcoming Grand Piano Tour of the East Coast of America.

The very final decision was made after it became clear that Rick was not going to recover fully from the extremely bad bout of flu that he contracted just over a week ago. This particular nasty virus has been very prolific in Europe and has actually claimed several lives.

In order to try and get himself fit and well in time for the tour, Rick cancelled most engagements involving travelling in the UK for the month of February, but has sadly not succeeded, and upon the advice of his doctor, (who is rightly concerned because of his recent history of pneumonia and pleurosy) and has advised him to postpone the tour.

Rick is very upset about this decision and apologies most profusely to all those who have purchased tickets to see him. We can assure you all that it was not a decision taken lightly. Rescheduled dates will be in June and will be announced shortly."

Good thing I checked!  I have tickets to see him at BB Kings in NYC Thursday night.  Now the show's rescheduled for 6/20/06.  BB Kings booked "Wonderous Stories" for Rick's spot and if you have a ticket you get in free.  Otherwise it's $1.00 admission.

Of course, as I'm typing this my iPod is playing "Liddenbrook" just to mock me!

Grammy Award Winning Jethro Tull!
1989 Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance     
 Post Reply Post Reply