FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMorrowind the Elder Scrolls RPG for xbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morrowind the Elder Scrolls RPG for xbox
    Posted: March 11 2006 at 17:11

so i got this game morrowind for xbox and ive been playing it for a while now, and its kind of lame but its ok, and yesterday i played all day and leveled up like 4 times and got a ton of new awesome stuff but i was fighting this guy and i was almost dead, so i ran away to go rest but apparently he put a spell on me that kept working for a long time.  when you rest it restores your health and it also saves the game automaticaly, so the game is saved literaly 1 second before i die, and now i have to completely start over and im really pissed off

thank you for your time

GeeMPie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 17:14
thanks for sharing this.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 17:19

I moved this to the proper section,which is Discussions Not Related to Music.

Are you asking for game advice?

We have some forum members here who are really into those games.

Where are you Stonie??????

Edited by TheProgtologist

Zac M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 17:24
This is kinda a random thread, but I liked Morrowind. Unfortunately, I do not ave or plan  to get a 360 , so I won't get to play Oblivion, at least for a while.
"Art is not imitation, nor is it something manufactured according to the wishes of instinct or good taste. It is a process of expression."

-Merleau-Ponty
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 20:31
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

I moved this to the proper section,which is Discussions Not Related to Music.

Are you asking for game advice?

We have some forum members here who are really into those games.

Where are you Stonie??????

Here.

Morrowind is fun as hell, if you can get past the "meh" graphics. Oblivion, however, is going to be the best game ever to grace our minute little civilization.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivio n/news.html?sid=6144925

http://www.elderscrolls.com/redirect/art_redirect.htm

And honestly, what game that features Patrick Stewart as a voice actor isn't badass?

Mikerinos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 22:01
Morrowind was a good game despite the horrible combat system.  And it seemed a little too open-ended and confusing.  Somehow though, it still managed to be very fun.  If Oblivion could fix these problems, I think it will be a really fantastic game (not better than Xenogears though... that's impossible).

Edited by Bluesaga
acheron View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 01:01

it was just a rant, i was pissed off

but i did find a code, and fixed it

does anyone who played this game know how to soul trap?

or where i can sell my really valuable things, (and not the enchanted mud crab)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 01:07

1. You need a soul trap spell. Go to Balmora, into the Mages guild. Someone there should be able to sell you one. After you get it, make sure your skill is high enough to cast it, then buy/find a soul gem. Bigger creatures require more expensive gems. Just cast the spell at the creature and you'll be notified whether or not it worked. Then kill it. You'll have the sould gem with the soul in it. You can enchant weapons if your skill is high enough, but you'll lose the gem if you fail to do so. You could pay a Mage Guild member to do it for you.

2. If you have the Game of the Year edition, gain access to Mournhold. It's a detailed path to get there, so see FAQs on gamefaqs.com for the steps. Go into whichever shops in the Grand Bazaar to sell each correlating item. These sellers have a bank in the tens of thousands.

acheron View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 02:10

ok ive casted the spell before, its never said anything about it working (unless it says i failed at casting the spell) but i figured it worked when a purple cloud formed around the target.  but even when that happens and i kill the enemy nothing happens

ill have to check that out, i have all of this stuff thats just causing excess weight and im not using it.

also you know how some magicians cast that spell at you that adds weight to you until your over encumbered? how do you get rid of that? 

thanks

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 16:01

1. You probably just don't have a soul gem for the thing you're trying to kill. I suggest having at least one (but more like two or three) of these gems at all times:

a) Petty Soul Gem (rough, dark blue, cylindrical shape, used for trapping really small creatures)

b) Lesser Soul Gem (same as Petty, but lighter blue and traps slightly bigger animals)

c) Common Soul Gem (same color as Lesser, but more soft, rounded and looks a bit like a teardrop, used for yet bigger animals such as)

b) Greater Soul Gem (purple, quarts crystal mass, used for pretty decent sized beasts, usually lesser Dremora: some Atronarchs, Ogrim Titan, Clannfear...)

e) Grand Soul Gem (golden circle that looks like a coin, used for the most powerful of Dremora: Golden Saint, Dremora Lords...)

If you have these in your inventory when you kill a creature you've sucessfully cast a soul trap spell on, you should have their soul in the appropriate gem.

----------------------------------------------------------

2. There are some ways to overcome an encumberance spells. The best way to do it if you're still in battle with the caster would be to use a feather spell, eat a food with a feather effect (heather) or drink a potion with the feather effect, which all have the opposite effect of burden. If this cannot be done, the only other option is to wait until the effects of the spell wear off.

acheron View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 16:51

ok ill try that, i have all the soul gems, so i must not be casting the spell correctly

James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 04:36
Don't forget about Azura's Star. Unlimited use soul gem, quest item.

Soul Trap is kinda tricky, you have to be pretty much right on top of the critter (unless you get/ make a targeted version of the spell). But if you can get them to glow after you've cast it, it's working. Just make sure you kill them ASAP...the actual effects can wear off long before the glow fades.

I've already reserved Oblivion for PC. Morrowind was my favorite RPG of all time- and definitely the single game in which I've put the most time.
 Post Reply Post Reply