Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSo, I知 feeling a bit melancholy today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 21:46

Interesting thread on DT and Live concerts. It is years since I last attended a live concert and I think that it was an outdoor classical music one - with about 40,000 other attendees! I can't be bothered now - the price of tickets are enough to put off even the die hard fans. I think too that as I am getting older I would rather spend my dollars on albums that last much longer than a 2 hour live event!

I went through a DT phase last year and bought several albums. Alas, the only one I listen to now is "Awake" which is still my favourite DT album. I might add I was disappointed with SFAM - imo overated! I have moved on and am enjoying Canterbury and Krautrock and Jazz/Fusion at present. The older classics still get a thorough listening to but not nearly as much as new prog such as Glass Hammer, Porcupine Tree and Ozric Tentacles. There is so much new prog to be discovered - I don't have time to go to concerts now

"Music is the Wine that fills the cup of Silence"
- Robert Fripp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12