Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOcean Blue Oasis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ocean Blue Oasis
    Posted: April 03 2006 at 21:44

well we just started like yesterday--well a little futher back than that. we're having a recording session hopefully this week so the MIDI file we have on our site right now will be transformed into a wonderful sounding soung rather than in incantation from a bull--sorry i hate MIDIs. anyways tell me what you think and stuff. the MIDI isn't the best thing in the world--use your imagination until the real thign arrives soon.

www.myspace.com/oceanblueoasis  

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case
Figglesnout View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 16:32
so it's 100% percent official--we will be recording that track and a few more tracks during the course of this week--because of the amount of writing we have done and what we're capable of, it's very possible we could have our whole record at least base-recorded by the end of this or next week. Take a listen to the MIDI though and leave the best suggestions you can based on that...MIDIs kinda suck though...
A'swepe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 11:57

I like what I hear so far. But, I'm at work in a noise place & my hearing isn't what it used to be.

I rely heavily on MIDI to get my musical ideas across - because my playing skills are quite poor. I use Cubase to record my stuff with VSTi's. My strength (such as it is) is in composition, not in performance. Consequently, I use the PC to realize my musical ideas.

I will write a more thorough review once I'm able to listen without external interuptions.

What I have heard sounds very good.

Don't apologize for/about MIDI. If it allows you to get your ideas across, then all the better. IMO, I don't really care how the music is made if I like it.

Edited by A'swepe
David - Never doubt in the dark that which you believe to be true in the light.
http://www.myspace.com/aardvarktxusa - Instrumental rock
http://www.soundclick.com/aardvarktxusa
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 21:24
thanks man--thre only reason i apologized for it is because the real version--which we are recording next week--will sound so much better, and because not many peopel on myspace use MIDIs. I'm glad i'm not a lone though, and there will be many more used as we write and learn the songs. I think of it like this: we are artists that literally write our own music and perform it, so there's some proof of our musical knowledge--rather than relying on innate musical prescence, which we also have, we are able to put our ideas down onto paper, which not many artists do these days.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 21:46

the violins sound especially horrible

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 16:04
of course...we've hit a snag.one of my friends that was supposed to play the violin solos has...well he can no longer play them. i'm searching around our area--preferably our school--for someone willing to play the part and record it with us. plus, i've written 4 more songs. i haven't decided if i'm making MIDIs of them yet though. it depends. if i do, you can look for them to be posted on the site. ocean song is a great track, and it's rather frustrating how wrong everything's going...
 Post Reply Post Reply