Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCoheed And Cambria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coheed And Cambria
    Posted: April 11 2006 at 22:25

Well, I just picked up these guys' new CD Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (I think they were trying to break the record for longest album name, whatever the record my be), and I just gotta say that I think it is awesome.  I would put these guys in the category of Prog Rock, but maybe some wouldn't.  Either way, the music is epic, and even though it sounds overly dramatic at points, it fits well with the story and works well. 

So, what does everyone else think of these guys?  When I heard thier single from a previous CD, I liked it, but thought it was just another emo/pop group.  I think I was sorely mistaken, and glad that I was.

Please post your thoughts.

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress . . .
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 22:27
This has been discussed a million times, and I think they were denied(but not sure)

I personally don't like them, but I see nothing wrong with them being here.
Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 22:31
Hello Rael!

Thanks for dropping in to ProgArchives ...yes, as theMiracle says ... Coheed And Cambria have been discussed a lot ...

We have a search function in the top right of your screen just type Coheed And Cambria and search in the Bands And Albums category ... you'll find a few recent threads about the band

Actually, they were added, removed and have now been cleared for re-admission I believe!

I will be moving and closing this thread, please continue the discussion in one of the older similar threads which I will resurrect for you!

Cheers!

Trotsky
Forum Admin
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
 Post Reply Post Reply