Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed10,000 Days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10,000 Days
    Posted: April 25 2006 at 22:38
Curious what some of you think of the new Tool album that leaked. It doesn't come out "officially" until May 2nd, for those that didn't know.

I personally love it, and think it is close to the best work they have ever done, at least the most technical. They leak's sound quality is a little off, so I am hoping the official release will be similar to Lateralus's production.

My New Lyrics:
Moon-sets and Full-suns
patomtz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 22:40
you've already listen it?
I still can't get how Dream Theater music is created by humans

Dream Theater in Monterrey, Mexico   03.03.06   Unforgettable
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 22:42
Originally posted by patomtz patomtz wrote:

you've already listen it?
Illegally.
Bryan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 22:44
The Tool album that leaked isn't the real thing.

From the September 2005 Toolband.com Newsletter:

"Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design."

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2005_09.php
Zac M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 22:44
There are already enough Tool threads about the new album.
"Art is not imitation, nor is it something manufactured according to the wishes of instinct or good taste. It is a process of expression."

-Merleau-Ponty
CaincelaOreinim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 00:17
Tool have certainly created monsters out of their fans with this much anticipated release.  I have the leak, will comment no more on it...but seriously, if some of you think it's fake, be prepared to be terribly terribly disappointed come May 2nd. 

Tool were always jokesters it's true and the impact of such legerdemain has had an obviously negative affect on the fans over-analyzing, warping, and discreditting every single speck of information they churn out.   The problem I see is that most of these fans are obsessed with the raison d'etre the band made of themselves IN THE PAST as opposed to the present. 

Get over it, this is the album they've decided to release nolens volens.  Hell, I'd like to be proven wrong in my thoughts, but first off don't believe anything that comes out of Blair (their webmaster and close, close friend to the band - particularly Danny) in general and let alone a YEAR AGO!  This is the next phase of them, get used to it, like the Crimson fans - stop clinging to the past. 

To discredit I'd say: 1) yes the leak is the new album indefinitely and if ANYTHING is off it's perhaps in an unmastered state, 2) this is most likely NOT the last album they'll make, and 3) Tool fans need to get a life.

Regardless I'm curious to see the whole packaging, they always manage to put together a strong product that for once I'll shell out some cash for.        
ResidentAlien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 00:25
Haha.  It's fake, buddy.  I got a friend who works at Best Buy.  Says their shipment came in, and that the actual album is 2 discs.  It's fake.  Prepare to eat your words.  I'd prepare to be disappointed, but I'm already past disappointment--that only lasted as long as I went thinking the leak was real, because yes, the leak is that INTENTIONALLY bad.
introspectre View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 00:28
Originally posted by Bryan Bryan wrote:

The Tool album that leaked isn't the real thing.

From the September 2005 Toolband.com Newsletter:

"Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design."

http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2005_09.php

Ahahaha.
valravennz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 01:11
I have had a listen to some of the "leaked" version of 10.000 Days and some so called tracks were hideous - very obviously not Tool. I am very keen to buy the album when it is officially released - at the same time I am crossing my fingers that it is as good if not better than "Lateralus" which was a brilliant album. Not long now before it is released proper.
BTW - if anyone is thinking of d/l the illegal leaked version you are wasting your time - wait a few more days for the real dealWink

"Music is the Wine that fills the cup of Silence"
- Robert Fripp

GFoyle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 02:45
The leak I have is definitely real and It's the opposite of hideous. There might have been some other leaks which were fake, but the one which came last week is real.

Well it will be in the stores aready on friday so I will be 100% sure then.

Edited by GFoyle - April 26 2006 at 02:46
Hierophant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 03:06
So is the vicarious mp3 posted on the site real or no?

Confused
GFoyle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 03:19
It is real.
CaincelaOreinim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 03:34
If what I have...is not Tool, than I've been wasting about 10% of my listening capacities listening to a band I obviously can't identify.  

Ahah "my friend at Best Buy"...I sure hope you're right.
GFoyle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 03:38
There might be second disc of some bonus material, who knows?

CryoftheCarrots View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 03:40
So far I've heard the "Vicarius" single and "The Pot" on Australian TripleJ radio.I like Vicarius but The Pot..wow that is an awesome track.If the rest of the album is as good it will be a cracker.....end fanboy dribble!
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 09:48
well seems the other thread I made is not working out

heard Vicarious and its great

it's somewhere on the internet if you want to download it

if you try through google you shall find it easily...

it's a great track I must say
Meddler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 11:07
Originally posted by ResidentAlien ResidentAlien wrote:

Haha.  It's fake, buddy.  I got a friend who works at Best Buy.  Says their shipment came in, and that the actual album is 2 discs.  It's fake.  Prepare to eat your words.  I'd prepare to be disappointed, but I'm already past disappointment--that only lasted as long as I went thinking the leak was real, because yes, the leak is that INTENTIONALLY bad.

Gaaah! So there were two (popular) fake ones? Counterfist(Angry) and the Tool one with 11 minute songs?
ResidentAlien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 16:44
I'm a little skeptical on the second-disc, cause I don't ALWAYS trust this friend... however, there is weight to his claims.  Look up 10,000 Days on Amazon.com.  There are two versions, one mysteriously labled as an "Import".  It's twice as expensive as the other version.  Seems to implicate a second disc, does it not?
HeirToRuin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 22:37
I actually thought the album was rather boring...basically old Tool with more spacey atmosphere stuff...like they're trying to compete with Mars Volta to see who can take up the most space with meaningless drivel.

Some of the tunes were good, but some are just downright boring.

Yes, it's the real thing.  Maynard's voice.  Carey's tribal drum patterns.  Jones's guitar sounds.  It might not be in final mastered form, and there may be a bonus disc with the actual store album or possibly some additional tracks (doubtful...it totals over 70 minutes...about half of which are wasted).

Yes, I pre-ordered a copy.  Yes, I downloaded it.  I'm entitled.  Sue me if you disagree.  I probably shouldn't have ordered it because I've played it 5 times and I'm considering trying it once or twice more, but I'm not hopeful.
DeepPhreeze View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 22:51
Originally posted by HeirToRuin HeirToRuin wrote:

I actually thought the album was rather boring...basically old Tool with more spacey atmosphere stuff...like they're trying to compete with Mars Volta to see who can take up the most space with meaningless drivel.

Some of the tunes were good, but some are just downright boring.

Yes, it's the real thing.  Maynard's voice.  Carey's tribal drum patterns.  Jones's guitar sounds.  It might not be in final mastered form, and there may be a bonus disc with the actual store album or possibly some additional tracks (doubtful...it totals over 70 minutes...about half of which are wasted).

Yes, I pre-ordered a copy.  Yes, I downloaded it.  I'm entitled.  Sue me if you disagree.  I probably shouldn't have ordered it because I've played it 5 times and I'm considering trying it once or twice more, but I'm not hopeful.

You are a truly wise man indeed :)

You have the same sentiments as I. Let us be friends now and rejoice in the land of Gentle Giant.

Edited by DeepPhreeze - April 26 2006 at 22:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>