Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHeads In The Sky

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heads In The Sky
    Posted: April 27 2006 at 12:26
Hi. Does anybody here have any idea or information about the band called Heads In The Sky? I have a self-titled album of these guys. I only know that they are a Canadian group, but I have almost no details or information about them (just a little info on the lyric sheet attached to the record). Your little help will be very much appreciated.
Thai Prog Fan
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 22:58
that's an ultra rare prog band from Ontario, featuring Russ Walker .

i own their first album, and they definitely have to be here. 
pretty enjoyable band with maybe financial problems...

Edited by greenback - June 15 2007 at 23:05
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
vingaton View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 02:16
I have another album here in my hand entitled Poetry & Science on Illuminated Records out of Lake Wilcox Ontario Canada, a party town if there ever was one.  It's just northwest of Toronto.  It has very cool hand-drawn cover art as well.  Here is what The Canadian pop enclopedia said about the band:

"The brainchild of Oak Ridges, Ontario musician Russ Walker. The band released one album and an EP on their own Illuminated Records. The full-length LP was also released in Japan, Holland and Germany.

Gerry Fielding had previously been in Fat Mouth, the house band at the original 'Electric Circus', and opened for acts like Alice Cooper, Rod Stewart, and Lighthouse. Fielding lives in Pickering and is presently featured in a rock musical. He has also been producing other acts for years from Crash Kills Five to a solo CD by Abraham's Children member Shawn O'Shea; Russ Walker went on to join New Regime and later became a mixing engineer and in-house composer for Kitchen Sync in Toronto. His credits include composing music for Peter Benchley's "Amazon" TV series and as recording sound supervisor on the 2004 National Film Board movie "Shake Hands With The Devil"; Steve Webster would place bass on Christian Michael's 1987 EP "Tears Of Love". " 

They are sorta like FM but spacier

Thanks

V
I want to see beyond that tree
And defy the force of gravity
 Post Reply Post Reply