Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuality Prog Trading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quality Prog Trading
    Posted: May 07 2006 at 16:09

I think we all occasionally buy something and then say "Damn it! I don't like this album!" Or just overplay it until we can't stand it anymore. That's where this thread comes in.

This is an honesty policy thing; we simultaniously mail them to each other. I'm hoping that none of you are low enough to rip a fellow prog fan off. You list the albums you are wwilling to trade and then the albums you would like, and the condition of your albums and your preferred condition for trading. How many are traded is up to you; I personally would be happy with a one to one trade as long as the other CD is in good condition. But of course, everything is subject to negotiation. No burned CDs! So here we go:

I will trade (all have original insert, uncracked jewel case, and unscratched CD):
ITCOTCK--King Crimson
The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail to the Theif--Radiohead
Brain Salad Surgery, Trilogy--ELP
Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear--Tangerine Dream
Physical Grafitti--Led Zeppelin

I would like:
The Sky Moves Sideways--Porcupine Tree (other albums are also possible; it depends which one)
H to He, Who Am The Only One (2005 Remaster)--VdGG (others albums are also possible; it depends which one)
Birds of Fire or Inner Mounting Flame--Mahavishnu Orchestra
Foxtrot--Genesis (Like anyone's going to trade that away Unhappy)
Drama, Tales From Topographic Oceans, Fragile--Yes (I'm afraid nobody is going to want to trade those either)
Some Zappa, I guess.
Suprise me! By no means is this the list of what I would be willing to trade for; it's just what I could think of at the moment.

Will this actually accomplish anything? Probably not, but it's worth a shot. :)

Edited by Ghandi 2 - May 07 2006 at 16:14
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 17:04
No problem with this proposal, as G2 says, he is only talking about legitimate original CDs.

Bear in mind though that cross-border arrangements may have tax implications, such as Import Duty, VAT etc. ProgArchives takes no responsibility for any problems members experience should they indulge in this. If the CD does not arrive, that's your problem, we will not intervene!

Any expressions of interest should be by PM. The original post should be edited if any albums are no longer available.

If the thread does become popular, it may be moved from this section.
mystic fred View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 17:36
this is a very good idea in theory, though would be based solely on mutual trust. also cd's vary in their value which would have to be taken into consideration, for example some are worth around £3, some go up to £12 in value.
Prog Archives Tour Van
 Post Reply Post Reply