FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Ranting Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 117>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 10:40
I could have sworn that was Chris Farley.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 10:44
Seems somebody noticed that he now looks like the lion from the Wizard of Oz movie. 

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/WizardLionClose.jpg

Edited by rogerthat - May 01 2013 at 10:45
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 03:39
Open letter to all UK based news & media organisations:

Sir Alex Ferguson.

I don't give a ing cross-eyed flying !

It's not a ing main news headline!

Shut the up about Sir ing Alex ing Ferguson!

Yours sincerely,

Jim Garten.

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 03:43
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Sir Alex Ferguson.

Yours sincerely,

Jim Garten.

Anyone would think he'd died.

He'll probably be given a state funeral and be cannonised when he does go. The BBC will be belching up misty eyed tributes for the next 20 years.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 03:48
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' (David Beckham)
'If it wasn't tragic, it would be comic' (Shaw Taylor)
What?
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 03:59
^^^

oh dear...
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 04:02
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Sir Alex Ferguson.

Yours sincerely,

Jim Garten.

Anyone would think he'd died.

He'll probably be given a state funeral and be cannonised when he does go. The BBC will be belching up misty eyed tributes for the next 20 years.
Football manager in leaving club shock. Ok, so he's retiring, there's no need to go on about it so much.
Does anyone really think he won't have any say in the future of MUFC? I pity Moyes, assuming it is he who gets the poisoned chalice, everything he does people will be saying "ooh, Sir Alex wouldn't have done it like that".
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 04:41
"You may have heard during Wednesday's Today programme, the BBC's political editor Nick Robinson was slightly distracted in his analysis of the Queen's Speech by speculation around Sir Alex's retirement.

Nick abandoned his usual measured reporting to declare him the "greatest living Briton".

ffs.
Can we get some perspective here.
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:14
Now the announcement of his replacement is the lead news story on the BBc website!

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:21
It's all so exciting!

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 09:14
Ah yes I remember this odd little room... Though I rarely rant unless its something i am passionate about, such as annoying telemarketers!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 09:32
Really annoying that tonight on the reality TV show Changing Rooms, when the couple were walking thru the rooms and amiring the renovations from the other couple, the guy did not say hardly a word, What made it worse is that when the blonde girl spoke her first words were always "Oh my God!" I kid you not, she never wavered, next room she sees the wallpaper "Oh my God!", then walks in the bathroom, nice shower "Oh my God!", then walks in the bedrom, sees the nice pillows "Oh my God!" then into the lounge room, sees the flat screen TV mounted, "Oh... my.... God!" What is her problem anyway.... She has no imagination and sounds like a bloody broken record, actually she sounds like a freaking moron! And she mentions God like He's her best friend and she doesn't give a toss about God anyway. Just makes my blood boil the way these people just Sl*g off God every chance they get without a moments thought. And the TV producers call this family entertainment, when I have to constantly cringe when my kids hear all this blasphemy... sure its better than saying Jesus as a swear word but its still not good enough... politically correct society and yet people still get off on sl*g.ing off God. Pass me the dang remote... mute button! Ah thats better!!!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 09:44
Another rant before I head off!
Yo! Check It out...
Rap music is the pits!!!

I am on a music TV show now and its cramming rap out like nobodys business.... This dude is on rapping his bum off and its just a repetitive boom boom sound, claps, synth drums, no guitar, a funky bass and he's saying all sorts of stuff nobody cares about. "I'm the microphone king, I'm the microphone king, I'm the microphone king" - who cares you sorry excuse for a singer. Thats not music, thats torture! Ah no another Pharoahe Monch 'Simon Says'... look it up and you will know why I have a splitting headache listening to this rubbish! Notorious B.I.G are next and they are even worse, they think they are so cool and tough, waste of space in my opinion. Who came up with this Americanised hoodlum genre?

How can they call rappers talented, Come on, how hard it is to stand in front of a mic and rap out a bunch of African rhythms. And they have to swear to act cool, and its not cool, its just ruddy irritating. Gangsta rap is the worst - what are they trying to prove anyway? They are awful role models and have no right to preach their hate to the youth.

Rap music itself without the words is such drivel, its just repeated rhtyhms, monotonous drums, and then they try and find a hook inthe chorus so it jams into our brains. The only good rap music I have heard is Grandmaster Flash as it was cool back in the 80s, the beatboxing thing was cool, and occasionally metal meets rap seems to work as it does with Anthrax. I also loved that thing called Television the Drug of the Nation... such incredible lyrics.  But as far as LL Cool, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Ice T or whoever the heck is rapping on my TV now, is concerned, its really derivative nonsense. It is not music, it is not talented, and it reaks of an excuse to pick up chicks, rather than a decent attempt to create music. 

I mean you always see these film clips with Latinos dancing and pimp dudes writhing around them with tons of bling and trash draped over them - this is such a fantasy world. What really bugs me is that these bands such as NWA get recording contracts, and yet there are so many bands who can play brilliant music who are still left on the sidelines waiting to be signed up. Its a sorry state of affairs when bands like Notrious B.I.G or NWA become popular with the youth and they preach gangsta law, the world is messed up enouh as it is without more hate being preached at it. Now its the Jungle Brothers and these guys are absolutely dreadful. I cant take no more of this rap crap.... where's the remote.... mute! Ah thats better... time to throw on a prog CD and clean out my ears.

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - May 25 2013 at 10:03
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 11:49
^ Here's a good dose of info on rap that will probably change your way of thinking about this "musical" genre just a little bit. I don't know jack s$%t about rap's essence, but I do remember someone saying that the earliest rap material is the best. Obviously, today rap is at its utter dogs$%t bottom. Hell, there might even be a rap artist out there who might think that it's not even rap. But we'll never know, I guess.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 12:13
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Really annoying that tonight on the reality TV show Changing Rooms, when the couple were walking thru the rooms and amiring the renovations from the other couple, the guy did not say hardly a word, What made it worse is that when the blonde girl spoke her first words were always "Oh my God!" I kid you not, she never wavered, next room she sees the wallpaper "Oh my God!", then walks in the bathroom, nice shower "Oh my God!", then walks in the bedrom, sees the nice pillows "Oh my God!" then into the lounge room, sees the flat screen TV mounted, "Oh... my.... God!" What is her problem anyway.... She has no imagination and sounds like a bloody broken record, actually she sounds like a freaking moron! And she mentions God like He's her best friend and she doesn't give a toss about God anyway. Just makes my blood boil the way these people just Sl*g off God every chance they get without a moments thought. And the TV producers call this family entertainment, when I have to constantly cringe when my kids hear all this blasphemy... sure its better than saying Jesus as a swear word but its still not good enough... politically correct society and yet people still get off on sl*g.ing off God. Pass me the dang remote... mute button! Ah thats better!!!

That tendency has always bugged me too. It's so trite and predictable.  It makes me wonder if the contestants on the show are coached beforehand to say that stuff.  Just once I'd like to hear, "hey, that's not bad!", or "I am surprised at how good this looks!"  Ok that last one sounds a bit stilted.

And as for the men on those shows, I get the feeling that when they do open their mouths to talk, they're just saying stuff that they think they're supposed to say.  Because most guys don't give a crap about pillows and curtains.

Edited by HolyMoly - May 25 2013 at 12:15
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 18:32
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

^ Here's a good dose of info on rap that will probably change your way of thinking about this "musical" genre just a little bit. I don't know jack s$%t about rap's essence, but I do remember someone saying that the earliest rap material is the best. Obviously, today rap is at its utter dogs$%t bottom. Hell, there might even be a rap artist out there who might think that it's not even rap. But we'll never know, I guess.

Thanks I will check that out!Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 18:33
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

That tendency has always bugged me too. It's so trite and predictable.  It makes me wonder if the contestants on the show are coached beforehand to say that stuff.  Just once I'd like to hear, "hey, that's not bad!", or "I am surprised at how good this looks!"  Ok that last one sounds a bit stilted.

And as for the men on those shows, I get the feeling that when they do open their mouths to talk, they're just saying stuff that they think they're supposed to say.  Because most guys don't give a crap about pillows and curtains.

I am with you 100% here!
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 15:30
F$%king c$%ks$%kers, motherf$%kers!!! Angry Those pr$%ks at Frisco lost my mother's luggage ... which had cognac, medicine, and some photos and a gift for me from St.-Petersburg. It's got my address on it, so why isn't it here?! I don't know a whole lot about the baggage transfer system, but I do know this: baggage does not mysteriously disappear. It doesn't just get lost somewhere ... unless it dropped out of the plane, which it hasn't!

F$%kers. I'm gonna give 'em a piece of my mind, maybe tonight. My mother has filed a claim on that, but I'm getting the feeling that nobody's gonna do jack s$%t because of some f$%king claim.

[sigh] ... No, I will not feel better 'til I get that luggage. I say, "Thou shouteth and thou shalt receiveth!" Angry

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 04 2013 at 15:32
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 06:37
I see the Government are planning to fine middle lane hoggers.

Now I'm all for that, I won't go into a rant about  Censored who sit in the empty middle lane doing 60mph at the moment, but how do you collect an on-the-spot fine from someone who's driving in the middle lane of a motorway?

Edited by chopper - June 05 2013 at 06:38
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2013 at 07:02
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I see the Government are planning to fine middle lane hoggers.

Now I'm all for that, I won't go into a rant about  Censored who sit in the empty middle lane doing 60mph at the moment, but how do you collect an on-the-spot fine from someone who's driving in the middle lane of a motorway?

By the same method that they collect fines from speeding motorists.

I think it's a crap idea - anything that grants the police arbitary powers to fine motorists for motoring "crimes" is something we should be up in arms over. Police should spend the time we pay them for catching criminals not harassing motorists.

Teaching people good road manners by fining them is not the way to go about it. Driving at 60 mph in the centre lane is not careless driving, it's ill-mannered and down-right rude but it is neither careless nor is it dangerous - it is certainly not a 3-point offence. It's not just Centre Lane Only Drivers they are targetting:
  • Driving too close to the vehicle in front
  • Failing to give way at a junction (not requiring evasive action by another driver)
  • Overtaking and pushing into a queue of traffic
  • Being in the wrong lane and pushing into a queue on a roundabout
  • Lane discipline, eg needlessly hogging the middle or outside lanes
  • Inappropriate speed
  • Wheel-spins, handbrake turns and other careless manoeuvres
None of these "offenses" are criminal offenses. I'm a cautious driver, but I've inadvertently committed all of these crimes at one time or another (well, not the handbrake turns, I pay for my own tyres) - last week in Salisbury I found myself boxed into the wrong lane on a roundabout because I am unfamiliar with the city, I also took a corner at 50 mph when the red-triangle warning sign advised 40mph (that could be seen as inappropriate speed); pulling away from a junction my tyres caught on some loose surface dirt and my front wheels span - that little lot would tot up to 9 points on my licence and a hefty hike in my insurance premium for what is basically normal driving behaviour.

pah!

What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 117>