Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedinteresting King Crimson info that you sh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: interesting King Crimson info that you sh
    Posted: May 24 2006 at 14:23
Hello everyone. KC fanboy coming trough.

Some time ago I was searching for lyrics for some King Crimson songs in the internet when I stumbled upon one really interesting site of Peter Sinfield called "Promenade the puzzle: The poetic vision of Peter Sinfield". When I opened it, I found out alot of things that I didn't new about the lyrics of them and even a conept ranging from the 4 Sinfield era albums.

If you thought King Crimson was cool, then they'll be cooler once you read this.
If you don't like King Crimson, then take in concideration the info in this page the next time you talk bad of them.

http://www.songsouponsea.com/Promenade/

ENJOY Big smile

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 14:24
Deja vouz.................
chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 14:33
Yeah, the link was in a poll about ITCOTCK, but I figured it would get more attention if I made a thread out of it

Duncan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 20:04
Originally posted by chamberry chamberry wrote:

If you thought King Crimson was cool, then they'll be cooler once you read this.
If you don't like King Crimson, then take in concideration the info in this page the next time you talk bad of them.

Believe it or not, but ridiculously convoluted conceptual arcs are not going to raise a band in everyone's estimation. Nor do they reflect on the quality of, you know, the actual lyrics.

It's amusing how divergent Sinfield's and Fripp's ambitions were - ever since ditching the former, KC has been pretty much a purely musical experience. And, most of the time, a much better band...
crimson thing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 09:49
Somewhere in that link, Sinfield claims intent of a four album concept arc.......maybe it's just hindsight talking, but you wouldn't have thought anyone in KC had sufficient job security to plan more than one track ahead, let alone four albums.......
The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 17:31
That is some of the most pretentious stuff I have ever seen. Big smile
Viajero Astral View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 23:46
I know this site for a long time, its interesting, you can know the reason of the name King Crimson.
int_2375 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 03:32

For me, these kind of puzzles and depth add a rewarding element to music.  Only three bands have offered that up to me on a complex level so far: Tool, Dredg, and King Crimson.  It gives you something more to think about when you listen to the song, and I'd take these kind of thought-out lyrics over the usual social/political commentary any day.

It reminds me of the kind of hidden elements Renaissance era painters encoded into their work.

Duncan, good for you, I'm glad you have your own tastes too.  I'm perfectly happy with convoluted conceptual arcs.
chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 10:22
Originally posted by int_2375 int_2375 wrote:

For me, these kind of puzzles and depth add a rewarding element to music.  Only three bands have offered that up to me on a complex level so far: Tool, Dredg, and King Crimson.  It gives you something more to think about when you listen to the song, and I'd take these kind of thought-out lyrics over the usual social/political commentary any day.

It reminds me of the kind of hidden elements Renaissance era painters encoded into their work.

Duncan, good for you, I'm glad you have your own tastes too.  I'm perfectly happy with convoluted conceptual arcs.

Those are exactly my thoughts int_2375  Clap

Post Reply Post Reply