Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBuy a Non official bootleg... Why?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buy a Non official bootleg... Why?
    Posted: June 07 2006 at 13:20
I have see yesterday some bootleg from anekdoten and anglagard to sale on ebay and i ask the question: Why people buy bootleg. The artist don t make a penny with it and beside that fact, they are a big market for that. I don t like people who copy music via kazaa or another download program for official stuff but if it s a bootleg from a show... Personnally it s different.
Second question... What you think about compagny who make cds like  TACHIKA AKARMA POOR HOUSE... The artits don t touch any money with the sale of the cds. This site would be a good place to laught a petition for all sellers from the net boycott this products who are, personnally illegals. Angry  
La cuisine c,est comme l,amour, il faut y croire pour que ca marche
Ghandi 2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 22:23

People buy it because they want the bootleg and a) can't find it for free on a file-sharing website or b) have really slow internet, so even if they could find it, it would take a week and a half to download it--even longer if you want the lossless version.

Internet petitions suck and have never, ever accomplished anything.
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 05:13
There are some interesting bootlegs moving around, but many artists (like Mr. Fripp and late Mr. Zappa) understood that these are released only as there's demand for them, and you should find many bootlegged concerts as official fan releases too. I would prefer hunting such official bootlegs instead! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply