Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDimebag died. :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 18:39
To all you sub-moronic twits out there who would poke fun out of such a tragic occurance need to have your heads examined. I have a dark sense of humour but making fun of something so senseless and tragic even falls below my standards of humour. Nobody deserves to die in such a way. My heaart goes out to those affected directly.
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 18:45

^

And to all the people you may or may not have killed, if the opportunity arose, under the pretence of protecting your country?

As far as I can see, at this moment in time the biggest threats to Canada are

1. assholes flying around in planes laden with weapons of mass destruction

2.Polar bears

3.Grizzly bears

4.Getting their heads jammed firmly up their pompous arses.

Have a nice day.Confused

Edited by Reed Lover

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 18:48

I realize I'm new but is it pertinent to discuss Heavy Metal happenings on a Prog Rock forum? I mean, I feel bad the guy died and the way he died and everything, but let's discuss Yes, King Crimson, Rush, and Pink Floyd, not some thrasher.

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 19:35
i am backing peter. people should think about what they say as we shud remember dimebag for the legned he was and sometimes people say things that might offend others without even thinking of how people might react.

if you dont wanna start these long and unneccesary arguements then all you have to do is think about what you say. its ok if you think hmmmm... i dont care but you dont HAVE to put it as a messsage, you keep it to yourself. then we avoid fights and whatnot. just a thought.
Bryan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 19:35
Originally posted by redbar89 redbar89 wrote:

I realize I'm new but is it pertinent to discuss Heavy Metal happenings on a Prog Rock forum? I mean, I feel bad the guy died and the way he died and everything, but let's discuss Yes, King Crimson, Rush, and Pink Floyd, not some thrasher.

There are piles and piles of threads on all of the above mentioned bands.  Is it really wrong to pay our respects to a great musician who lost his life in a tragic event just because he didn't play prog?

Edited by Useful_Idiot
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 19:37

Originally posted by amygdala amygdala wrote:

i am backing peter. people should think about what they say as we shud remember dimebag for the legned he was and sometimes people say things that might offend others without even thinking of how people might react.

if you dont wanna start these long and unneccesary arguements then all you have to do is think about what you say. its ok if you think hmmmm... i dont care but you dont HAVE to put it as a messsage, you keep it to yourself. then we avoid fights and whatnot. just a thought.

Ermm Whose fighting love?

Stern Smile

madgo2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 23:08

I like the fights they are amusing    When you point the finger at others there will always be ten more pointing at you...

He whom life can no longer surprise
Arioch View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 09:26

Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

To all you sub-moronic twits out there who would poke fun out of such a tragic occurance need to have your heads examined. I have a dark sense of humour but making fun of something so senseless and tragic even falls below my standards of humour. Nobody deserves to die in such a way. My heaart goes out to those affected directly.

I saw no-one making fun of it. Some people say they didn't care is far from making fun of it. While it was unfortunate what happened I feel more sorry for the unlegendary children whose lives are taken from them for one reason or another over some guy who uses his name as some sort of endorsement for drugs. Actually it is the 3 other unfortunate people(Christ...no-one bothers to write their names!!!!) that got killed along with Mr Dimebag I truly feel bad about.

Knight of the Swords
Lord of Entropy
Duke of Chaos
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 11:28
I wasn't trying to disrespect Dimebag and his tragic end and I'm very sorry if it came off that way. I certainly wouldn't want to make fun of anyone's death. It was just a thought that I felt was needed to keep us on track at this forum. My apologies to anyone who was offended.
James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 14:04
Originally posted by Arioch Arioch wrote:

I saw no-one making fun of it. Some people say they didn't care is far from making fun of it. While it was unfortunate what happened I feel more sorry for the unlegendary children whose lives are taken from them for one reason or another over some guy who uses his name as some sort of endorsement for drugs. Actually it is the 3 other unfortunate people(Christ...no-one bothers to write their names!!!!) that got killed along with Mr Dimebag I truly feel bad about.

So, in your opinion, because his nickname has to do with marijuana he's less worthy of mourning, and because the others weren't famous they are more worthy?

Not starting anything, mind you, just trying to understand you.

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 14:35
Just realized you weren't talking about me criticizing Dimebag. Forgive me, I'm rather mental these days.
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 15:42

Just realized you weren't talking about me criticizing Dimebag. Forgive me, I'm rather mental these days.

nah it wasnt you. i dont think anyone was criticising him directly. i think even those who dont like pantera can see that this is a tragic and sad event.
The Worthless Recluse
Angeliqué View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 17:44
I still can't believe he's gone...... 
Just take a pebble, and cast it to the sea....

Angeliqué
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 17:48
My brother is a huge Pantera fan. He was practically in tears when he heard about it. I can't believe it myself; someone so young (38) and at the prime of their life. He had just started Damageplan, too. I really feel for his brother, the drummer of his band, who saw him get killed. I would not be able to go on in life if I witnessed my brother's murder. The drummer is Vinnie Paul.
AngelRat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 17:55

I never was a big Pantera fan. Still I feel bad about this. Things like this should not happen. It's plain wrong.

R.I.P. Dimebag and the other victims.

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 18:08
Dimebag rules (redbar89's brother)
Angeliqué View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 18:16
My brother, too, was a die-hard Pantera fan, he's got all their albums, learned to play guitar through listening to Dimebag, his first influence.....
Now the hero is gone, but he still plays on in our hearts...............

Just take a pebble, and cast it to the sea....

Angeliqué
Quacky View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 20:07
Although I was not much of a Pantera fan, I was saddened to hear of Dimebags murder. And from the news reports I saw immediately after the shooting, the shooter was a Pantera fan who was angry at the bands breakup. It was bad enough that Dimebag died, but what really affected me was hearing that some fans were killed also. It is a sad day indeed.
Arioch View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 20:16
Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

Originally posted by Arioch Arioch wrote:

So, in your opinion, because his nickname has to do with marijuana he's less worthy of mourning, and because the others weren't famous they are more worthy?

Not starting anything, mind you, just trying to understand you.

I am saying that it is unfortunate that his name is the only one mentioned when others lost their lives with his. Also I don't agree with such a name as Dimebag, but no- one should have their lives snuffed away, though and I wasn't disrespecting him or his death.

Knight of the Swords
Lord of Entropy
Duke of Chaos
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 14:44
Originally posted by Useful_Idiot Useful_Idiot wrote:

There are piles and piles of threads on all of the above mentioned bands.  Is it really wrong to pay our respects to a great musician who lost his life in a tragic event just because he didn't play prog?

I totally agree with you useful. It could have happened at a Crimson concert or Yes show. The world is so full of madness that nothing seems to faze me anymore. I just keep asking myself, what is going to be next?

Edited by Vibrationbaby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>