Topic ClosedWinds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winds
    Posted: June 13 2006 at 11:58
This morning, I was coming back from work, and I put this cd

"Winds - The imaginary direction of time" in my car.

Ever heard about it?

These guys play a strange kind of music, sometimes i think "boring" (very boring)Cry, but sometimes i think "great".Clap

Anybody else can't get into this music or I am the only one who feels this way?Question

Listen to the guitar solos. it's one of the few thing which saves this band. Incredible, speedy, wonderful guitar solos. What do you think of them?

I know i've been controversial, but let me know your opinion soon, if you want.

Thank you in advance.
DarioIndjic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 14:51
I bought this album 2 years ago ,i heard them in music shop and fell in love imediately,one of my fav prog metal,they are playing excellent neo classical music with prog metal ,and amazing lyrics.Excellent band i recomend to everyone.Nice to see that im not the only one here who loves their music.Their unkown but a real hiden gem .
Ars longa , vita brevis
Hierophant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 15:08
I was just listening to them yesterday. Hellhammer owns.

Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 15:20
Originally posted by CrazyDiamond CrazyDiamond wrote:

These guys play a strange kind of music, sometimes i think "boring" (very boring)Cry, but sometimes i think "great".Clap

Anybody else can't get into this music or I am the only one who feels this way?Question

Don't worry you don't worry your are not the only one who feelings this way. I had heard a lot about "Winds" before picking up 'The Imaginary Direction of Time'... there was a lot of hype about the band so I was expecting a lot.

I have listened to the album many times over and yes it can be very boring at times. For me in places it feels like they are trying too hard the reach the sound they want, give a very forced feeling, which for me equals boring. Overall there is just something missing from their music which I cannot fully put my finger on. No the discredit them they are talented musicians.

Peace
Ridge View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 15:47
I also found Winds sometimes boring but with a few cool sections. I've only listen to "Reflections of the I" and based on that one I would give them a second chance. But I would probably have to listen before buying.
Discipline is never an end in it self, only a means to an end.
CrazyDiamond View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 15:51
Originally posted by <a href=http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=8759&FID=3 target=_blank><strong><FONT color=#000000>Black Velvet</FONT></strong></A> <BR> Black Velvet
wrote:

Overall there is just something missing from their music which I cannot fully put my finger on.

you get exactly the point i was trying to explain.Wink

yes, too much "forced feeling".

i can see i'm not the only one who knows these guys.

Man Made God View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 16:31
I bought my second Winds cd last weekend, The imaginary direction of time. I absolutely love their stuff, but I can imagine people find them somewhat boring at times. I think the sudden bursts of blastbeats are just amazing at times.
The main problem is in my opinion that the music is just too much of the same. At this time I can't tell both albums from eachother, and that of course is such a good thing

Focus on the music... Focus!
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 16:32
Originally posted by Man Made God Man Made God wrote:

I bought my second Winds cd last weekend, The imaginary direction of time. I absolutely love their stuff, but I can imagine people find them somewhat boring at times. I think the sudden bursts of blastbeats are just amazing at times.
The main problem is in my opinion that the music is just too much of the same. At this time I can't tell both albums from eachother, and that of course is such a good thing

Exactly these bursts of blastbeats are a problem for me. They make sense in some situations, in others they really seem uncalled for. But it's a nice album!
Man Made God View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 16:34
Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

Originally posted by Man Made God Man Made God wrote:

Exactly these bursts of blastbeats are a problem for me. They make sense in some situations, in others they really seem uncalled for. But it's a nice album!

I don't see them as 'hard' enough to really find them 'uncalled for', as you put it. I think that your feelings about the drums equal my feelings about the vocals.

Focus on the music... Focus!
 Post Reply Post Reply