Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAGALLOCH launch a new website + MORE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGALLOCH launch a new website + MORE!
    Posted: June 18 2006 at 14:48
As many of you know, AGALLOCH's new album, titled "Ashes Against The Grain", will be released on the 8th of August. A review of the album, written by sincerely yours, can be found here - http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=11734 The review has been approved and endorsed by the musicians themselves.

AGALLOCH have finally launched a new website, which can be found here - http://www.agalloch.org/ Agalloch fans will appreciate new information found on the website, and I strongly encourage to check out the page for further updates on the group's inspiring career.
In addition, according to the group's myspace page, controlled by the group's members, there will be a video for a great song from the new album - "Not Unlike The Waves", and there will be a small tour:

The Pacific Northwest's AGALLOCH whose long-awaited and much-anticipated new album "Ashes against the Grain" is due out August 8, 2006 on The End Records have filmed a video for the song "Not Unlike The Waves" with director Nicole Phillips and cinematographers Richard Stark and Juan Mosqueda. It is currently in the editing process. Over nine hours of footage was shot in three days and the results are quite stunning thus far. To film aficionados, the style of the video will call to mind the work of Ingmar Bergman, Mario Bava, and the German Expressionist movement.

In other news, the band have lined up the following dates:

Jul. 29 - Portland, OR @ Sabala's
Aug. 04 - San Francisco, CA @ The Elbo Room

Moreover, I have some intimate news for all prog fans coming directly from Don Anderson, AGALLOCH's guitarist. Quoting his private message to me, which was sent by the man himself, who had earlier registered on PA(but I'm not telling you his username LOL):

...Both John and I are HUGE prog rock fans so it is really cool to be recognized by a prog site.  We are anticipating moving more into a progressive rock direction (listening to a lot of Thule, Anekdoten, Landberk, Anglagard lately), so we are hoping to integrate more of that darker swedish prog sound into our own...

Personally I would be happy with any direction the group decides to take, but this is some truly fascinating news for all Progressive Rock fans and I can only let my imagination figure out what the group's next creation will sound like.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan "Frost" S.

Edited by ivansfr0st - June 18 2006 at 14:57
sig
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 00:31
At last a website of their own.
What a great band. Their albums belong to those albums I can always listen to no matter what the time, situation and my mood is.
It is interesting to hear that they will lean towards a prog direction. I am eagerly awaiting to listen to their new album.
Trickster F. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 08:11
I completely agree Assaf, I have noticed that I can listen to Agalloch during any time of day without limitations. I think I mentioned it briefly in my latest review too.

And wouldn't we all agree that Agalloch's catalog is progressive enough already?

-- Ivan
sig
calvin View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 17:52
I also agree with that: I can listen to their music no matter the mood or the situation: at home, while walking, at work... I do believe we're dealing with a great band, intelligent compositions (I'm just naming here "The Hawthorne Passage")! I'm happy I heard about them (of course, that happened here, on PA).
As for their website? I like it: the theme, of course, fits with the band. And, you can also listen to one of their new songs. I can hardly wait to listen to their new album!
Two thumbs up!
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 13:11
So Don Anderson is here, Ivan?

So if you read this - Both my wife and I love Agalloch and we think very highly of your two studio albums thus far (I also like the EP - Of Stone, Wind, and Pillor).
Trickster F. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 13:32
Yes, Assaf, he has registered on PA and sent me a message, but I wouldn't want to reveal his screen name to the public. If someone wants to ask him a question, he can do it without any problems anyway, via myspace for example.

-- Ivan
sig
 Post Reply Post Reply