Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChicago Transit Authority

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 13:40
I agree with their addition, judging from their 70's output.... songs like "Dialogues" and "Beginnings" were certainly some of their most famous "proggy" songs... they even had multi-part sogs and their arrangements are jazz-flavoured.
Jesus Gabriel
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2006 at 06:19
Love the first three albums....yeah, some of the "expirements" on the first album drag it down a bit....yeah, some of the "songs" on the first two sides of II sound too much alike....yeah, some of the "heavy lyrics" on III are cringeworthy.....but, man, Kath wailed and their compositions are really progressive, melodic, exciting....and the changes and tricky time signatures are executed so smoothly (a trick they went a little too far with and turned themselves into....well, Chicago).  

Anyone into the classic Chicago sound might check out the first side of Chicago VII....twenty minutes of their best fusion and that's where I kind of get off the train.  To include Chicago wouldn't be ridiculous, but to include them welcomes some really harsh reviews (remember disco Chicago...remember boring big band Chicago....remember schmatzy Cetera 80s Chicago....these guys made Phil's Genesis sound like Van der Graff Generator).
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12