Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFrances the Mute -- Delete downloads now!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frances the Mute -- Delete downloads now!
    Posted: December 27 2004 at 16:25

An article I found:

The Mars Volta are doing what any band with a punk background would do when it gets pissed: pleading with fans.

While high-profile leaks for albums by U2 and Eminem were dealt with either by being ignored by the band or adjusting the release date, Mars Volta is hoping to appeal to its fans to remove the songs from the upcoming Frances the Mute from the Internet.

"The collective GSL staff and certain members of the band think what you are doing is f**ked," a statement read. "You should honor the band's wishes and take the songs down. Leaks suck, and are an unfortunate evil of the Internet."

The band says its plea has nothing to do with the potential to cut into the album's sales, but stems from a matter of sound quality.

"It sucks even more when it's such a bad copy as what is being passed around right now," the statement said. "As much as the hype that's swept over the internet for this release is amazing, no one wished anyone to hear such an amazing album in such piss-poor quality this side of the 70s."

That's why I chose to wait for the official release in March...

Prog_Bassist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 17:30
I will definetly buy the album when it comes out.

Im not passing any judgement on this cuz of the sound quality. I think it's choice musicianship. Anyway I guess I'm gonna delete them in a while anyway, Im not burnin em.
Petra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 18:05
Originally posted by penguindf12 penguindf12 wrote:

An article I found:

The Mars Volta are doing what any band with a punk background would do when it gets pissed: pleading with fans.

While high-profile leaks for albums by U2 and Eminem were dealt with either by being ignored by the band or adjusting the release date, Mars Volta is hoping to appeal to its fans to remove the songs from the upcoming Frances the Mute from the Internet.

"The collective GSL staff and certain members of the band think what you are doing is f**ked," a statement read. "You should honor the band's wishes and take the songs down. Leaks suck, and are an unfortunate evil of the Internet."

The band says its plea has nothing to do with the potential to cut into the album's sales, but stems from a matter of sound quality.

"It sucks even more when it's such a bad copy as what is being passed around right now," the statement said. "As much as the hype that's swept over the internet for this release is amazing, no one wished anyone to hear such an amazing album in such piss-poor quality this side of the 70s."

That's why I chose to wait for the official release in March...

That reminds me of when some of  Radioheads last album leaked on the net, the songs were not even finished properly let alone the sound being inferior. I did download them out of curiosity though. But so far I have controlled myself with The Mars Volta new tunes (its not been easy).

Don't hate me
I'm not special like you
James Lee View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 19:49

Nothing says 'visionary' like being profit-minded and pleading with fans.

I wonder if it will be as good as the Metallica albums that came out after they started mouthing off about downloading?

gdub411 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 19:51
I have no desire to hear the coming attractions. I will wait patiently until March.
alan_pfeifer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2004 at 21:52
Wait, does that mean I have to delete my widow download? 
 Post Reply Post Reply