Topic ClosedNew to site, question about Enchant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to site, question about Enchant
    Posted: September 04 2006 at 06:54
Hey folks,

First time ever posting on a prog site, been a fan of prog music for a while, really gotten deeper into it in recent years. Enjoy alot of different styles and bands but my current/lasting favorite bands have come to be Enchant, Dream Theater, The Tangent, Kansas, and solo stuff from John Petrucci, Neal Morse, Etc. I listen to a wide variety of prog though and its rare to find an album with nothing intresting. 

Anyway, my question is I am a huge fan of Enchant, does anyone know the current status of the Band and any new releases? I have looked around online a bit but there is not much to go on, the Oasis site the band has up does not say much and I am not a my space member/fan so I have not looked there.    

Any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks  
Masque View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 10:39
 Not much gets said about Enchant around here ... they deserve more recognition they are very good ( I prefer their early work however) as for what they are up to these days I don`t know  Smile
WaywardSon View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 11:14

I have only discovered Enchant recently, great band!! Donīt the members of the band have individual websites? Maybe there are some more recent updates on those?

Glock17 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 20:20
Thanks for the comments, I think Enchant is one of the most underrated bands out there with the blend of crisp, clear instrumentals, great vocals, tempo changes, etc. Really great band.

I had not thought about searching the individual members to get some news, good idea. Its been 2 years since Tug of War and I am ready for some fresh stuff. Juggleing 9 or Dropping 10 remains my favorite Enchant album, some great jazz,classic, funk, rock flavors to that CD.

Looking to pick up some older CD's as well, from "Break" back. 

Next time... 
razifa View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 01:38

I am a very huge fan of ENCHANT, I have all their studio albums since "A bluprint of the world" until "Tug Of War".

Therir earlier material was more technical and less dark but full of inspiration. Their recent releases are innovative and so enjoyable with impressive elemnts.

Personally, I think the problem with this band is that you need time to understand their music including their lyrics. Enchant's a very human band with a clear vision of music.

Their dark and powerful style is one of the best expresion of nowadays progressive. In this site Enchant is a very underrated band lacking the recognizion they really deserve.

**razifa**
xtopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 03:11
Originally posted by razifa razifa wrote:

In this site Enchant is a very underrated band lacking the recognizion they really deserve.

You can say that about a lot of bands. I'll be checking out Enchant soon. Supposedly they're from the SF Bay Area... cool! For a city so important to the history of rock and roll, my hometown sure isn't known for producing prog acts. (...unless you consider dredg prog)
 Post Reply Post Reply