Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUbi Maior for Micky

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 18:09
Originally posted by Paulieg Paulieg wrote:

Make that 3 fans of Ubi Maior in the US as I totally dig this band too.  Nostos is an excellent release along with La Maschera Di Cera's LuxAde.  If only I could be so lucky as to see either of these bands here in America or better yet in my grandparents country of birth, Italy.  I hope they make it to one of the prog festivals that happen here.  Bravo!

haha.  make it 4 now  including our first confirmed non prog fanatic LOL.... took the album in to work today.. and one of my friends  really enjoyed it... he has varied taste and is not a prog fan per se... just a music fan.

Good thing come to think of it  considering some of my other daily listening selections... didn't exactly meet with approval Ouch...  Including one ... of my most favorite of all prog albums  Cry LOL  oh well... can't win or convert all the masses...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 03:01
I think you'll all be happy to know that on the Ubi Maior website there is a link to the PA page featuring their album and its reviews:

http://www.ubimaiorweb.it/pagine/recensioni.html

Unfortunately the site is all in Italian, though of course I am available to give you details as to the content of the various sections.

The band will be playing their next gig at Cantieri Sonori in Lecco (a town on the shores of the beautiful Lake Como, north of Milan) on Sept 15. I'd very much like to go, but it is a very long trip from Rome, and I've been a bit tired lately. So, I'll have to wait until next time to post a report...Unhappy
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 03:54
Hello Ghostrider.

Months ago you cheerfully mentioned to me that their singer liked my review about the album very much, now I am a bit surprised that I have not seen you on the Symphonic Progrock Appreciation Thread for more than a week while you post this fine information here Confused 
With the help of other symphomaniacs I am trying to make this thread to a great source of information, if you post abovementioned website there, others can help to give more information or help to translate ... I simply don't understand, Ghostrider ...... I know you are busy but I had hoped for a bit more enthousisasm to visit the Symphonic Progrock Appreciation Thread as a member of the Symphonic Progrock Team ..Unhappy ..

Edited by erik neuteboom - September 08 2006 at 05:20
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 05:19
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

I think you'll all be happy to know that on the Ubi Maior website there is a link to the PA page featuring their album and its reviews:

http://www.ubimaiorweb.it/pagine/recensioni.html

Unfortunately the site is all in Italian, though of course I am available to give you details as to the content of the various sections.

The band will be playing their next gig at Cantieri Sonori in Lecco (a town on the shores of the beautiful Lake Como, north of Milan) on Sept 15. I'd very much like to go, but it is a very long trip from Rome, and I've been a bit tired lately. So, I'll have to wait until next time to post a report...Unhappy

excelllent news  boss...  shame you can't make the show...   
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 05:27
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

Hello Ghostrider.

Months ago you cheerfully mentioned to me that their singer liked my review about the album very much, now I am a bit surprised that I have not see you on the Symphonic Progrock Appreciation Thread for more than a week while you post this fine information here Confused With the help of other symphomaniacs I am trying to make this thread to a great source of information, if you post abovementioned website there, others can help to give more information or help to translate ... I simply don't understand, Ghostrider ...... I know you are busy but I had hoped for a bit more enthousisasm to visit the Symphonic Progrock Appreciation Thread as a member of the Symphonic Progrock Team ..Unhappy ..

hahhaha  it's alright Erik ...    it would't make sense to post band specific information  in another thread.. when there is one right here for that band LOL   
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 21:59
Originally posted by Andrea Cortese Andrea Cortese wrote:

Did you listen to Randone's Hybla Act? Another wonderful record from the recent years (2005).Wink

got it today Andrea.... excellent album. Clap  Great recommend..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12