Topic ClosedNew Prog: Shadow Circus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Prog: Shadow Circus
    Posted: September 07 2006 at 16:39
I am nearly complete recording my first prog album -- I've been playing in mostly hard-rock bands my whoe life, and was inspired when I saw that bands such as Spock's Beard and Flower Kings were carrying the torch, so I decided to give it a go!

It started as more of a personal project and experiment, but the reactions to it have been enthusiastic enough that one of my old band-mates, drummer Corey Folta, has come on board, and my good friend David Bobick on vocals, who have both raised the bar in terms of what I expected this to become. In fact, i can no longer handle the bass, keys, and guitars by myself, so when we go out live this fall, we will have a full band on stage!

Anyway, I have posted some demos from early in the recording process, so you can get an idea, without it spoiling the surprise when the album is ultimately released. I'd love to know what you all think of it! Just keep in mind that the takes I have posted are early demos, and the final release will sound far tighter/more developed...

http://www.myspace.com/shadowcircus

Post Reply Post Reply