Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 282>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gabitoprog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabitoprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 18:25
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=73928

I'll like to remove this review. It was made, casually, several months before I get into this band. I think it's not ethical to review an album of my own band, doesn't matter if I was or wasn't part of the band at that time or for that record in particular.

Thank you very much
Gabriel Costa
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 23:32
Let's give the reviewer a second chance...
Guigo

~~~~~~
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 23:17
I was about to report that one myself.

el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el böthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 23:12
Please look the first Opeth Watershed review. Its not even a reviewLOL
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
darkmatter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 22:37
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 17:16
Dealt with.

(I may have mentioned this before, but please use the Reviews discussion thread for subsequent discussionsWink)
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 11:48
AYREON — The Human Equation
Review by Yukorin

(text removed)

well this is...er...Confused

Edited by Easy Livin - April 14 2008 at 17:03
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 17:08
Moved to the E&O section.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 15:27
The newest review on the front page:

FAUST%20Faust%20IV%20progressive%20rock%20album%20and%20reviews Krautrock
(Studio Album, 1974)
3.86/5
(36 ratings)
FAUST — Faust IV
Review by Amaury (Amaury)

4%20stars I just bought this record yesterday and cannot, therefore, make a real description or give my opinion ( but I must rate it, so I put its current rating for no change) . He was in a bad state (a pocket surrounded the devat paper and cardboard stuck in a very pretty water dammadge), but my friend, and I, have spent a lot of time cleaning it, and now it is almost like new (if it fails mold)). Fortunately vinyl inside has been protected and is in good condition.

But, it seems to me that this record was made in 1973, not 1974 no ? I may be wrong, in which case my first appearance on this site is a bit shameful, but who knows... Someone may check?

Thank you. Good evening to you.

Oh ! This site has seemed really complete and well done.

Report this review (#166474) | Posted Saturday, April 12, 2008, 15:11 EST
Review Permalink | Submit a review for this album | Buy this album from PA partners

Mmmm... It's not really a review... He should rather start a thread on the forum... Ermm

Edited by Tuzvihar - April 12 2008 at 15:28
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
AShowOfHands View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AShowOfHands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 09:09
It's only a minor point but is it really fair to call someone retarded for not liking Kansas, check it out here:

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 15:24
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Thanks, my only concern is that we don't let someone like that fill up most of the front page, makes the site look bad, my 2 cents of course.

One of my concerns too, EM. Ideas are welcome! Maybe a delay of time after submitting 2-3 reviews (valid for everyone).
Guigo

~~~~~~
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 14:58
Thanks, my only concern is that we don't let someone like that fill up most of the front page, makes the site look bad, my 2 cents of course.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 14:47
All being evaluated, fellows... just remembering that a weak review isn't exactly an abusive review, but anyway being reported here we'll check it. Many thanks!
Guigo

~~~~~~
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 13:44
Some guy named Digdug is filling the front page with short reviews, ironically enough Zardoz, who usually does this, has one review up as well.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
headphone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2008 at 02:49
Oh, I see! There's no album information! At first I was pretty confused that what the hell are you talking about Wacko

Those were reviews
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=164930
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=164440
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=164462

Actually almost every review of his is quite cryptic LOL
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 17:32
What reviews? Since you're tracking trackstoni why don't you give us the review numbers at first???
Guigo

~~~~~~
headphone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 06:06

Review

trackstoni
(antoine kordahi)
5%20stars A call from the heart to the Wind I join my voice to Mann (Michel) regarding his call to nominate FLYING TAPES & FINEST FINGERS as candidates for an overdue digital transfer . please rescue these albums from vinyl . in 2008 , thanks God to extend my life and to hear what MANN said on progarchieves . for your info MANN ,, Sensation's fix has'nt disappear into undeserved premature obscurity . i bought all SF albums in vinyl from Milan & Rome between 1974 - 1979 - ( still up till now in good shape ) . i believe that these rarities worth millions for me , and i was really surprised by some ig***rnts trying to sell these albums for a pack of cigarettes . These albums are too precious for me in vinyl surely , and to satisfy you more my friend , Franco Falsini & Stephen Head of Sensation's fix will never disappear in obscurity . as long as , I and thousands other proggers in Lebanon & the middle east still listen approximatly daily to their amazing works ........,,, Beirut - Lebanon --- best regards to Progarchieves & Mann's review . Essential in every progressive rock collection , as well as Finest Fingers .
Hey, this dude is incredible! These reviews are numerous Wacko
headphone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 05:51

Review

trackstoni
(antoine kordahi)
2%20stars NOT ESSENTIAL between 1972 -- 2008 I bought this album , impressed really by it's cover , in 1974 during a layover in london as Pilot , from hmv music stores in oxford street . I still have this vinyl album up till now . But , unfortunatly my Lenco turntable had the pleasure to play it only for four times . once in 1974 , 1982 , 1996 & today after reviewing your reviews in progarchieves . To be clear & honest with myself first , then with you proggers . I'm in fact a collector , my job with an airline gave me the chance to be always updated with bands , concerts , releases ETC...... the brothers Shulman has gone so far in exploring the underground of progressive music , in fact by mixing between musical instruments , using a new tech , surely without mentioning the classical - jazz spirit involved in their play . BUT ..., unfortunatly & certainly there was no impact ( from my point of view) not either in the 70's , & not surely now . as far as i'm concern , i'll try to replay this so called essential in 2020 , maybe at that time i'll have the mood to discover its magical effect on you ( Surely , reviewers )

N.B = this album & cd are surely in safe hands ,, mybe , for the future generations .

And so is this!
headphone View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 05:46

Review

trackstoni
(antoine kordahi)
1%20stars An good work , without Identity . i'm a Lebanese Arabic , and i could'nt find any Andalusian or Arabic influences on this Recuerdos..... , not even Spanish style , with the exception of some riff on a spanish guitar in the first track . A very fast , and slow arrangements from a talented artists , but still , it's a below progressive standards . fellow proggers ,,, we're not eating salad or TABBOULE over here . Progressive rock has been made to be in English , as simple as that , giants like Gong , Scorpions , Sensation's Fix , Van Der Graaf , Machiavel , and many others from all around this planet , took this factor into consideration . In fact , I'm tracking all middle eastern activities regarding progressive bands , i could'nt name any of my favourite , high standard bands of prog rock , singing in our mother tongue , it's simply not relayable ... So , back to Mesquita ,,,,, it is not Mesquita , it's the MOSQUE , in english surely , and it's the holy place where all muslims gather . All tracks have the same influence , and cannot be separeted , the band has surely a good technique in mixing between many styles in this work . Still , it's below the standard of excellency .

n.b = i've heard this album for many times since i've got it in 1984 , but , apparently NOT SATISFYING ,,,,,,,,, A star for the first track only .. Tracking Tracks of Rock........ TracksToni

This review is a total miss IMHO.
Baube3 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baube3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 18:53
I found this one on the main page some hours ago. I don't think it's relevant at all... He never explains why did he gave only one star except by saying ''it's a bootleg''...

GRYPHON — Ethelion
Review by Bazza (Barry Howard)

— First review of this album —

1%20stars This is listed by the Gryphon Website as a bootleg recording and is therefore deserves only one star.

Tracks 1-3 are from a King Biscuit Flour Hour recording, recorded live at Boston Gardens, USA, December 11, 1974

The remainder are from BBC Sessions in 1975 and are presumably from the same session as those used on About As Curious As It can Be

Personally, I wouldn't bother.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 282>