Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 282>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 11:29
^ I agree.
ProggnosisDB View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProggnosisDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 10:53
A harsh review is not disrespectful - but the following in my opinion is disrespectful
"Were I a professional musician with any sense of pride whatsoever, I would never have published these songs in the states of partial-completion that they're in. It is, to my mind, disgraceful."

and should be replaced with - "Personally I would never have considered releasing songs in such a state of 'partial-completion'"  would have achieved the point without suggesting that this artist is lacking in professional pride and that they are disgraceful for releasing it.

unfading View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unfading Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 04:22
ОК. If you think so, then there are no questions for you. On the other hand, this review may be useful for us.

Have a nice day

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2023 at 02:50
I too think it is an exaggeration. At least you were given a review, and by a very respected reviewer BrufordFreak, not a review-less 1 star bomb by some random doofus, like I did.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2023 at 02:43
Originally posted by unfading unfading wrote:

Hello, site administrators! 

I read a review from a BrufordFreak user to Roz Vitalis studio album "Quia Nesciunt Quid Faciunt" and noticed a very unfriendly and boorish attitude towards the authors of the music. In this case https://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2970358 I see this review as defamatory information and baseless insult.

This is not the first time we have to deal with offensive reviews from a user of the BrufordFreak collaborator. Please take measures to moderate such reviews.

Thank you

I don't think the review is offensive. It's a honest review with a reviewer a bit unsatisfied with what he heard. Nothing wrong with that. 

I don't think the review is insulting or defamatory. That's an exaggeration. 
unfading View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unfading Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2023 at 02:22
Hello, site administrators! 

I read a review from a BrufordFreak user to Roz Vitalis studio album "Quia Nesciunt Quid Faciunt" and noticed a very unfriendly and boorish attitude towards the authors of the music. In this case https://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2970358 I see this review as defamatory information and baseless insult.

This is not the first time we have to deal with offensive reviews from a user of the BrufordFreak collaborator. Please take measures to moderate such reviews.

Thank you
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 09:47
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Nice to introduce a band, but as a review (like this) it is reduced to the level of hollow crap.

It's a little confusing too. And not a review.

That "review" from the bandmember on the album is pointing out an error.

The main issue is that it seems that the FISH Hollow Earth album was added erroneously to the Derek William Dick Fish discography despite being a totally different project. I have not found a Dick/Fish album of that name but here is the bandcamp page for the FISH band that released the album Hollow Earth: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=FISH+Hollow+earth

Originally posted by bandcamp bandcamp wrote:

FISH, formerly known as Fase, is an American-Canadian studio prog rock band from Oberlin, OH. Formed in 2015, the band currently consists of guitarist Doug Hogg, drummer Brian Newbury, guitarist Noel Ward and bassist Aiden Beckman ... In May 2023, they began writing for their debut album temporarily titled “Flood Lungs”. By August 2023, they had commenced the writing portion and would begin recording in September-November; mixing and mastering would be done by Monolithic Architex in December. The title was changed to “Hollow Earth”, releasing on January 5, 2024.

I'll bring this to the Errors and Omissions team before deleting not just the review but the album entry.

EDIT: I deleted the debut album that was mistakenly added to the Derek William Dick Fish discography.

Edited by Logan - October 09 2023 at 10:06
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 09:10
^ Agreed. They'd better chanhe their name to Entropius, methinks. Wink
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 09:06
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Nice to introduce a band, but as a review (like this) it is reduced to the level of hollow crap.

It's a little confusing too. And not a review.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 08:59

Moreover, I find the ratio of one star ratings for this album rather suspicious.

Edited by someone_else - October 09 2023 at 09:23
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 14:01
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

This review is linked with the album Estructura (1980) but in reality it describes the previous album by the band, so it should be linked with Más Allá De Tu Mente (1978). Can anybody move it to the correct album? Can reviews even be moved on PA?

No, I don't think so. The only thing you can do is to get in touch with the reviewer and ask him to repost his review in the proper place and then ask an admin to delete the superfluous one. But considering that this reviewer's last visit on the site took place in 2016...
It's worth trying, IMO. His email address seems legit in our database. So your PM might go to the right place... Smile
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 13:04
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

This review is linked with the album Estructura (1980) but in reality it describes the previous album by the band, so it should be linked with Más Allá De Tu Mente (1978). Can anybody move it to the correct album? Can reviews even be moved on PA?

No, I don't think so. The only thing you can do is to get in touch with the reviewer and ask him to repost his review in the proper place and then ask an admin to delete the superfluous one. But considering that this reviewer's last visit on the site took place in 2016...

Edited by Tuzvihar - September 28 2023 at 13:05
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 06:48
Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

I honestly love all those reviews. Embarrassed

They're very entertaining! But I see Greg's point: they cheapen the image and lower the standards of PA; we do want to continue to be a serious source of musical information (including reviews).

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 00:20
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 18:11
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

About AlainPP, I don't know if this can be considered a proper review, also because he has posted it twice: his review of the single is more or less identical

I don't mean he's violating any policy, but I can't get the sense of this review. 

That's quite silly.  And he/they is supposed to be a reviewing a studio album here, not the single.  The four stars does not make sense since he is dismissive of all but "A Whiter Shade of Pale".  He downgraded it by one star for his review of the single (five stars for a Whiter, three for the rest, which doesn not well compute, really as a review of a whole studio album ).  Since he had posted the review of the single already, which is really what this review is about already, I am nixing the studio album one.  I have coped it below (first one with four stars) as well as the review of the single below that.

4 stars A single initially and it took a while to get it on the initial album; so here I confine myself to talking only about the title hit of course.

1.A Whiter Shade Of Pale first single from Procol Harum and a unique sound, a unique Hammond organ; the instrument of choice, the one that rocked my tender years, even when I was still in my mother's womb... yes we have all been there; in short a title that I put at the Pygmalion of the musical adventure, on the same level as when a man loves a woman, in short a languorous organ which fills the ambient air by sucking in all the other instruments to amplify its own; so yes some will say that it was also one of the best titles to be able to look for the boy to flirt with; yes this moment when we could stay close to each other without there being a 'me too' which would separate the two lovebirds, this moment when the future couple could imagine chatting next to each other other, touch yourself without having the fear of a complaint in the ass....! In short, let's come back to this title OMNI, to Gary and his stratospheric voice, to Barrie James who typed 'slower than him you can't', to David who took the step, the one with whom you had to dance (a word which has lost its meaning nowadays, when the woman could feel certain body parts of the man and vice versa!), to David who launches a solo but I'm not so sure, to Matthew who was one of the first to showing that prog rock could use an instrument other than the guitar to melt.

The other titles are so far removed from 'a whiter' that I leave them to anyone to talk about, a 2 or even a 3 for the Hammond, but there is little fantastic soul in them.

Well the remix version of one minute and fifty seconds more, released 50 years later... for the latecomers, for those who could not have concluded a few years ago, 50 in fact! The song you must have listened to and packed before your 50th birthday or risk still being single now. 50 years later, again? , my girlfriend tells me that since she wasn't born, she couldn't have known about this old thing... she's right! I'm not talking about the other anecdotal titles in this maxi of course. 3 fot the others, 5 for a whiter!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

5 stars A single initially and it took a while to get it on the initial album; so here I confine myself to talking only about the title hit of course.

1.A Whiter Shade Of Pale first single from Procol Harum and a unique sound, a unique Hammond organ; the instrument of choice, the one that rocked my tender years, even when I was still in my mother's womb... yes we have all been there; in short a title that I put at the Pygmalion of the musical adventure, on the same level as when a man loves a woman, in short a languorous organ which fills the ambient air by sucking in all the other instruments to amplify its own; so yes some will say that it was also one of the best titles to be able to look for the boy to flirt with; yes this moment when we could stay close to each other without there being a 'me too' which would separate the two lovebirds, this moment when the future couple could imagine chatting next to each other other, touch yourself without having the fear of a complaint in the ass....! In short, let's come back to this title OMNI, to Gary and his stratospheric voice, to Barrie James who typed 'slower than him you can't', to David who took the step, the one with whom you had to dance (a word which has lost its meaning nowadays, when the woman could feel certain body parts of the man and vice versa!), to David who launches a solo but I'm not so sure, to Matthew who was one of the first to showing that prog rock could use an instrument other than the guitar to melt.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 15:32
About AlainPP, I don't know if this can be considered a proper review, also because he has posted it twice: his review of the single is more or less identical

I don't mean he's violating any policy, but I can't get the sense of this review. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 18:11
Looking at his other reviews it does seem to be in his hand, if a bit more stream-of-consciousness than usual.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 17:51
^^ It's written by alainPP. Not so long ago I communicated with him by PMs (asked him to repost one of his reviews on a proper bage) and he didn't look like a bot. Confused
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 17:28
It's that same bot again
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 17:24
These are certainly English words but I’m not sure I understand any of what is written. It may be they’ve been translated via an internet bot but if so it’s certainly a sub par one…… http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2944880
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 282>