Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 07:12
Wishborne Ash - Just Testing
review by lajos

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=89423

1. 49 words.
2. tad inclined towards a focus on relations (the last good album; the awful next to come etc.)
3. of course, un-substantial at all.
OpethGuitarist View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OpethGuitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 18:19
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=89453

talks about downloading leaked copies of the album  Thumbs Down

that and it was for another site as well

Edited by OpethGuitarist - September 11 2006 at 18:19
back from the dead, i will begin posting reviews again and musing through the forums
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 03:15
Latest reports noted, and under consideration. Thanks
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuxon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 18:43
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=89529
I agree with the declaration of love here, but I don't think it's really a review.

ELOY — Timeless Passages - The Very Best Of Eloy

Review by bon_jovi007d

5 stars Hi to Eloy .... I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE ............................................................... I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOUI LOVE YOUI LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU

I summarised it a bit for commedy purposes

Edited by tuxon - September 12 2006 at 18:45
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 19:19
Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=89529
I agree with the declaration of love here, but I don't think it's really a review.

ELOY — Timeless Passages - The Very Best Of Eloy

Review by bon_jovi007d

5 stars Hi to Eloy .... I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE ............................................................... I LOVE YOUI LOVE YOUI LOVE YOUI LOVE YOUI LOVE YOU

I summarised it a bit for commedy purposes

Gone! Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 08:10
This reviewer admits he's only heard the single Supermassive Blackhole and is judging the rest of the album (which I find very different to that song) on it:

MUSE — Black Holes And Revelations
Review by Tailscent

1 stars I've heard of people listening to something called "Muse" a long time ago, along with bands such as HOOBASTANK and NIGHTWISH...I knew nothing of music outside some progrock (Pink Floyd and IQ, mostly) and, gasp, Michael Jackson.

Nowadays I'm more up to date, and capable of handling louder and rougher music, to the point where I can see why people like Nightwish. Muse, however... *shudders*

Not too long after I first discovered them, the single "Supermassive Black Hole" was released and sampled on their website. That quick listen was more than enough to convince me that Muse definately isn't my thing AT ALL. Poppy mainstream rock? C'mon, this isn't proggy at all...sheesh. I'd sooner call EVANESCENCE a gothic metal band than consider Muse part of the prog scene, yet here they are on ProgArchives, while Evanescence and a load of other worthy prog bands are missing. I fail to understand.

No, I'm not even going to try Muse out. Not their latest album, not their earlier work. I'm happy enough not knowing, thanks.

Yours, Tailscent

Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

video vertigo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote video vertigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 22:23
what's with the huge space at the end?

Art Rock
(Studio Album, 1998)
Avg: 4.10/5
from 5 ratings
BIGELF — Closer to Doom (10 track version)
Review by sinkadotentree (john davie)
This is a good record,but there something about vocals that sound like the BEATLES,fronting a band that sounds like a BLACK SABBATH,DEEP PURPLE hybrid that just doesn't work for me.Some tracks like "crazy","closer to doom"and "theme one"do sound great though.On the first song "change",the vocalist sounds just like LENNY KRAVITZ,i swear if i didn't know it was BIGELF i would say i was listening to a LENNY KRAVITZ record! .On the plus side,i love the hammond organ,mellotron,and guitar riffs.I can see why this band would be a favourite of a lot of people,they have a hard edged sound with good vocals.Just doesn't do it for me.

Posted Friday, September 15, 2006, 22:09 EST | Permanent link
"The rock and roll business is pretty absurd, but the world of serious music is much worse." - Zappa
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 00:20
Not showing for me, VV... Confused

EDIT: It's also OK in the database.

Edited by Atkingani - September 16 2006 at 00:22
Guigo

~~~~~~
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuxon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 08:41
GTR — GTR
Review by yendor35

3 stars So I saw Genesis in 1973 and was blown away. My good buddy had tickets for them at the Warner Theatre in Washington, D.C., and I had never heard any of their music. On the first song when Gabriel come onstage in his costume for "Watcher of the Skies", I knew this was a kick-ass band. So when GTR came around some many years later, and also many years after Hackett left Genesis, I was eager. I lost that CD when my home burned down and the only CD available when I went to replace it was the King Biscuit Flour Hour, which sucks compared to the studio album (plus "The Hunter" isn't on that Flour Hour CD). Anyway, I'll will always admire Steve Hackett for his contributions to Genesis, for it was his fantastic guitar work that was the basis of my love of their music.

nice story, but it tells nothing about the album, or even if he likes it or not.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 10:25
He could tell this interesting story in the Forums, no? Dealing with...Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Trickster F. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trickster F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 12:07

Guests Reviews

ISIS — In The Absence Of Truth

Review by mtspaces6466 (Matt Tilson)

4 stars I'm new to the review game, so bear with me as I try this on for size. I've been listening to progressive music for 20+ years & this cd is as good as prog metal gets. I'm listening to it as I write this & I keep turning it up!! The songs blend into one another effortlessly. Although most songs are over 7 minutes long, I never wanted to skip any of them. PLAY IT LOUD!! ISIS should continue to make cds like this! Highly recommended!!

Posted Tuesday, September 05, 2006, 18:13 EST | Permanent link

ISIS — In The Absence Of Truth

Review by opheliaphobia

4 stars It has its moments, but falls short of the classics panopticon or Oceanic. Its still a great album with classic moments, but misses to capture the grinding poetic intensity found numerously on their previous albums.

Still a great album, but didnt leave me breathless like Pan. and Ocean.

Enjoy JoJoTheDog

Posted Saturday, September 16, 2006, 10:16 EST | Permanent link

Uh.... Music?Confused
sig
Tristan Mulders View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristan Mulders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 06:02
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=19926
Says absolutely nothing about the album, only states a general dislike from the reviewer's perspective towards the band itself
Interested in my reviews?
You can find them HERE

"...He will search until He's found a Way to take the Days..."
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 07:24
Mandy's at it again:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=89838

Usual problem... it is next to incomprehensible at times, though the points he wants to make are more than valid (he does know his stuff, this is for sure). Even coming from the same linguistic background as he does, I find it very hard to understand, so you can imagine what other people can make of it.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 09:56
All noted, buddies... on dealing. Smile
Guigo

~~~~~~
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 20:38
PINK FLOYD — Wish You Were Here
Review by agent D081 (Marcin)

2 stars I've never been quite a big fan of Pink Floyd and still I find Gilmour's vocals irritating. A lot of delight from prog fans made me give this album more chances than it really deserves. A complete waste of time.

memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memowakeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 21:32
I know we all have our favorite albums, and want to show the world how we love them... but there are better ways to review your fav album i think....

GENESIS — The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Review by dferko

5 stars Genesis the lamb lies down on broadway is the most cretive album I have ever heard. from start to finish this album is pure beuty. The lyrics are perfect and the guitar and keyboard work is exellent. If I could only have one album in the world this would be it by far.

Pure genius and GENESIS at there best a must have

Posted Sunday, September 17, 2006, 20:39 EST | Permanent link

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Cygnus X-2 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cygnus X-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 01:29
TOOL 10,000 Days progressive rock album and reviews Progressive Metal
(Studio Album, 2006)
Avg: 4.00/5
from 130 ratings
TOOL — 10,000 Days
Review by kickz (Kickz)

1 stars i'll go straight to the point. my rating is 1. not that the sound suck but in my perception of progressive metal, this album doesn't even belong to the progressive metal genre, and so does TOOL. their not even technical nor melodic but, yes they have talent but their music range is out of bounds in this category. comparing it to progressive metal gods such as dream theater, symphonyx, opeth or even riverside... this album is too commercial to be here.

just my opinion. peace.

Posted Monday, September 18, 2006, 01:14 EST | Permanent link

Not a review at all.
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuxon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 01:39
Originally posted by Cygnus X-2 Cygnus X-2 wrote:

Progressive Metal
(Studio Album, 2006)
Avg: 4.00/5
from 130 ratings
TOOL — 10,000 Days
Review by kickz (Kickz)

1 stars 
Posted Monday, September 18, 2006, 01:14 EST | Permanent link

Not a review at all.

agree on the review being not a review, but is the rating valid?

edit: sorry for the lay-out of the post, don't know how to fix it.

Edited by Atkingani - September 18 2006 at 09:04
video vertigo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote video vertigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 20:32
never completely heard the album but its three stars....

GENESIS — Selling England By The Pound
Review by tarkuswright (Jim Carlton)
Well, a strange album… There’s not doubt it’s good, but I sincerely expected another masterpiece from Genesis, and THIS IS NOT. I feel a lack of something inexplicable, a lack of pure prog. This is the first Genesis’s work in which we can hear an approaching to a catchier pop. They left the alternative tune we liked so much, to do something different and I thought it's not so beautiful. And so I don’t like The Battle of Epping Forest and More Fool Me, they sound like another group’s songs, after the excellent Foxtrot; the only song that worth to be called Genesis’s are Dancing With The Moonlight Knight, Firth of Fifth and maybe I Know What I Like In Your Wardrobe, a simple pop song. It’s good the intro of Cinema Show, but the verses and choruses are not as good as catchy… THIS ALBUM IS THE GENESIS’S ONE I BOUGHT AND I NEVER HEARD COMPLETELY!!! I don’t feel to recommend it, but I know a lot of people like it……
"The rock and roll business is pretty absurd, but the world of serious music is much worse." - Zappa
Fassbinder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fassbinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 00:09
Maybe, the reviewer means that he never heard the album completely at one sitting? Still, he mentions six out of eight songs from the album, which is pretty much almost the entire album. And I don't think there are any problems with argumentation.

Edited by Fassbinder - September 19 2006 at 00:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 282>