Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 14:59
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I don’t know but I would vote to ban any user who saves up reviews and pushes everyone else off the homepage

Just sayin

There is a bit of a simpler and fairer way to resolve the "problem" and that is to get the owner of the site to expand the homepage so that more reviews can appear on it. It wouldn't take much, and the chap in question has not broken any rules.

Personally, as you know, I do not replicate the reviews I do for my website on Prog Archives (those acts that have been added here), but, again, this member is not breaking any rules by doing so.

Getting the owner to fix something?

Bwahahahahaha!

Not the world we live in

Maybe not breaking rules but definitely inconsiderate

I’ll be sure to flood the site with buckethead reviews then 🤪

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 16:35

Maybe you should and see how it goes over.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Necrotica View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Colaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Necrotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 16:40

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I don’t know but I would vote to ban any user who saves up reviews and pushes everyone else off the homepage

Just sayin

There is a bit of a simpler and fairer way to resolve the "problem" and that is to get the owner of the site to expand the homepage so that more reviews can appear on it. It wouldn't take much, and the chap in question has not broken any rules.

Personally, as you know, I do not replicate the reviews I do for my website on Prog Archives (those acts that have been added here), but, again, this member is not breaking any rules by doing so.

Getting the owner to fix something?

Bwahahahahaha!

Not the world we live in

Maybe not breaking rules but definitely inconsiderate

Dude, I don't know how you were even able to keep up with his discography for so long. That guy's output is absolutely insane Confused
Take me down, to the underground
Won't you take me down, to the underground
Why oh why, there is no light
And if I can't sleep, can you hold my life

https://www.youtube.com/@CocoonMasterBrendan-wh3sd
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 17:36
^ i've fallen behind. About 60 studio albums to tackle. Screw all those live ones. I'm not interested. Totally unnecessary filler.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2023 at 13:29
Dee Dee Lecter

This guy's reviews are just ridiculous and don't say anything about the albums in question.

Edited by Tuzvihar - August 01 2023 at 13:32
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2023 at 14:30
After a lot of "wait, what?," it sounds like it all boils down to whether it's a vomitorium or not. Curious. I did like the sentence "@_@ ... what?". That was sort of creative. It seems like something I could only read every other day because I'd probably get lost in all those whats.  
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2023 at 17:48
Dee Dee Lecter reeks of dee trolling.  I will be dee-deeleeting those, and if it persists, taking more action. Here is dee record of dee reviews.

So... I was just YouTube surfing when this 70's prog stuff Playlist pop-up snd and just decided to shuffle it and Antares Sea stuff album came first. 🤔

Well... first song I thought like well... it doesn't sound 70's.

I mean ... it does but it doesn't, right? Like seriously if u didnt know it was prog 70s stuff u wouldnt know and itll make u question. The hell am I listening to, right?

So... I was pretty much enjoying it when the lyrics came up. And lol seriously. What in the world is this person smoking. Calling a woman, woman? Omg. Theres some racial stuff going on in there. Sounds kinda weird. Whats next. The N word? OMFingGod!

Anyways... everything was still tolerable when boom female vocals and chorus comes. I'm dead!

Like why! F**ing such cool music like that.

Seriously... u know what i was thinking? Like even DrDisrespect like the gamer would like the music.

But then... vomitorium seriously... so I managed to get to the 2nd song and i almost commit suic i D e cuz omg! The guitar! Whats going on in here! Omg! Like from 80's elect4onic almost music to that?

Dead. Dead. Dead.

.... anyways... ill continue and I'll tell u more vomitoriums.

Xoxo!

DDLecter

--------------------

omg! I love this album... ^_^ lying I love Rockets fall on Rocket Falls...

I mean seriously. U have all that album and u r kinda like a psycho thinking about the end of the world, right ? And u only have like space for about 30 min. of music or something else in ur ipod or whatever, right?

... see the picture?

And u are gonna travel like right now and u r in a coffee ship in an airport or bus station and u have to make a choice, right?

So, seriously... this is the song u pick from that album and question

😱WHAT IS SERIOUSLY GOING ON IN HERE 😱

But... as soon as u r like in the plane or bus... u look through the window and there u have: ur psycho daily dose of mass destruction in just one piece. And u fall asleep.

Obviously (^_^ imagining professor Alex Flournoy saying thAT. word LOL!... ) ... Obviously! Later u find urself thinking.

What's going on with this music. And how did it kept me captive... or whatever, right?

What! And u listen to it again. And again and again. But somehow is a serious intoxicating stuff not radioactive cuz it never decays but is rather like a black hole cuz u can't never ever escape from that song and listen to the rest of the album.

And wonder... am I just trapped in another dimension?... Then u try again but u can't.

We

lol! Well that had happened yo me. So.

That's all I can say about the album cuz wouldn't know about the other pieces of music.

lol!.

Ok. this is definitely not a vomitorium.

Totally need it. ●_●/

--------------------

4 starsGODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR F# A# ∞

@_@ ... what?

Seriously there's nothing to say about this unless uve watched the film, right?

So... if u haven't. U should.

Wait, what? Which film.

Seriously... u have to listen to the album. ..

Omg! What a film. I wouldn't know if I ever come out of thr priest or preacher scene or just often go back to it like a theme.

Like I make my own thematic character, right.

Oh! But of course... completely [<_>] or not _ out of context..

My preacher thematic character was destroyed after I watched Netflix's series Dark #_#

I'm dead. My character is gone.

But I should say is the most awesome audio or whatever cinematic experience. +_+

So wouldn't even know how to pitch it to anyone lol!

But it is awesome.. love it. ..

Luckily I didn't get trapped in a black hole with the preacher's entrance. I was able to listen to it all.

Do I remember everything? Nope. Some. But hey! What do u really remember of the film The exorcist?

LOL.

OK. NOT VOMITORIUM... G2G. PLAY COD MOBILE...

Xoxoxox!

-----------------------------

2 starsDEVIL DOLL Dies Irae | review

Jesus with Devil Doll, right?

I mean... it's like first impression matters? Right? Kinda thing.

I remember I was still so naive like when it comes to music. Like I didn't understand why people sort of kinda are I to music?

Why people are musicians and why people like music?

So... I was in my naive bubble that music was somewhat special and so I found Devil Doll.

Well I was introduced to it by reasons I can't really explain.

Point is.... I didn't understand what I was listening but I liked it. I mean... I used to go with granny to the theater and listen and see the local Camerata, right.

And here's I'm this and I'm like... 🤔 ... sont understand what's going on but I like how 'offensive' now I can use that word it is to some music genres but how cool it blends, right?

And wow! First time I got hooked up with female vocals. I have like a vomitorium chip to female vocals... like eeww! Heavy metal? U can guess I vomit.

So I'm like what?! Jesus. Like it. But like u don't wanna go to the Opera, right?

So... here's the thing ... it impresses u at first but something I never expected to happened... this has a decaying effect.

This is something u definitely don't want with an album or with a band. Particularly that holds so much in its back. How u call it? Like when u get a reference to something else.

So whatever. There's so much it wants to show its coming from that ends up scattering with time and well... all u can do is look back and have this nostalgia feeling to it.

But that's about it. Dies Irae gives u that feeling after a while. And omg! Haven't even gone through the lyrics like... do I remember a word on it?

Nope.

So I remember a tone?

Nope.

Do I miss something?

Nope.

Do I find myself in the shower improvising some of my lines with its music like with other music?

Nope.

What happened to me *_*? Dunno.

Do i look back into it? Dunno.

It became such a mainstream stuff almost Matrix stuff. So accurate at some point but now it's just another piece in this music genre.

🫣 omg! And I remember I wrote to the Mr. DOCTOR and his manager answer and he's so kind that even send me more music cuz I couldn't listen to more garbage at the time. And Devil Doll wasn't enough. Some Japanese stuff... I was so thrilled @_@ ... got me into quite some weird stuff.

But I still look back into that as well... and I'm so thankful to the manager.

I have come to light now after years of rehab. Lol!

It's definitely not vomitorium but like any radioactive dangerous things out there... this will decay.

So... guess it's one of those things... !_!

Radioactive... Radioactive...

Dangerous but will decay.

Rehab would be needed. Lol.

Xoxoxox!

-------------------

I don't like deleting, and I like a bit of fun, but such stuff does not reflect well on the site by making it look like a total joke.
Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kotro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2023 at 02:26
I honestly love all those reviews. Embarrassed
Bigger on the inside.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2023 at 07:55
^ So do I.  I just don't love having them on the front page or in the album reviews sections.... I wanted them preserved in this thread at least.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2023 at 10:04
That may be the 3rd or 4th return of Vibrationbaby who has been kicked off the site many times. Similar reviews.
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 17:24
These are certainly English words but I’m not sure I understand any of what is written. It may be they’ve been translated via an internet bot but if so it’s certainly a sub par one…… http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2944880
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 17:28
It's that same bot again
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 17:51
^^ It's written by alainPP. Not so long ago I communicated with him by PMs (asked him to repost one of his reviews on a proper bage) and he didn't look like a bot. Confused
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2023 at 18:11
Looking at his other reviews it does seem to be in his hand, if a bit more stream-of-consciousness than usual.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 15:32
About AlainPP, I don't know if this can be considered a proper review, also because he has posted it twice: his review of the single is more or less identical

I don't mean he's violating any policy, but I can't get the sense of this review. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 18:11
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

About AlainPP, I don't know if this can be considered a proper review, also because he has posted it twice: his review of the single is more or less identical

I don't mean he's violating any policy, but I can't get the sense of this review. 

That's quite silly.  And he/they is supposed to be a reviewing a studio album here, not the single.  The four stars does not make sense since he is dismissive of all but "A Whiter Shade of Pale".  He downgraded it by one star for his review of the single (five stars for a Whiter, three for the rest, which doesn not well compute, really as a review of a whole studio album ).  Since he had posted the review of the single already, which is really what this review is about already, I am nixing the studio album one.  I have coped it below (first one with four stars) as well as the review of the single below that.

4 stars A single initially and it took a while to get it on the initial album; so here I confine myself to talking only about the title hit of course.

1.A Whiter Shade Of Pale first single from Procol Harum and a unique sound, a unique Hammond organ; the instrument of choice, the one that rocked my tender years, even when I was still in my mother's womb... yes we have all been there; in short a title that I put at the Pygmalion of the musical adventure, on the same level as when a man loves a woman, in short a languorous organ which fills the ambient air by sucking in all the other instruments to amplify its own; so yes some will say that it was also one of the best titles to be able to look for the boy to flirt with; yes this moment when we could stay close to each other without there being a 'me too' which would separate the two lovebirds, this moment when the future couple could imagine chatting next to each other other, touch yourself without having the fear of a complaint in the ass....! In short, let's come back to this title OMNI, to Gary and his stratospheric voice, to Barrie James who typed 'slower than him you can't', to David who took the step, the one with whom you had to dance (a word which has lost its meaning nowadays, when the woman could feel certain body parts of the man and vice versa!), to David who launches a solo but I'm not so sure, to Matthew who was one of the first to showing that prog rock could use an instrument other than the guitar to melt.

The other titles are so far removed from 'a whiter' that I leave them to anyone to talk about, a 2 or even a 3 for the Hammond, but there is little fantastic soul in them.

Well the remix version of one minute and fifty seconds more, released 50 years later... for the latecomers, for those who could not have concluded a few years ago, 50 in fact! The song you must have listened to and packed before your 50th birthday or risk still being single now. 50 years later, again? , my girlfriend tells me that since she wasn't born, she couldn't have known about this old thing... she's right! I'm not talking about the other anecdotal titles in this maxi of course. 3 fot the others, 5 for a whiter!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

5 stars A single initially and it took a while to get it on the initial album; so here I confine myself to talking only about the title hit of course.

1.A Whiter Shade Of Pale first single from Procol Harum and a unique sound, a unique Hammond organ; the instrument of choice, the one that rocked my tender years, even when I was still in my mother's womb... yes we have all been there; in short a title that I put at the Pygmalion of the musical adventure, on the same level as when a man loves a woman, in short a languorous organ which fills the ambient air by sucking in all the other instruments to amplify its own; so yes some will say that it was also one of the best titles to be able to look for the boy to flirt with; yes this moment when we could stay close to each other without there being a 'me too' which would separate the two lovebirds, this moment when the future couple could imagine chatting next to each other other, touch yourself without having the fear of a complaint in the ass....! In short, let's come back to this title OMNI, to Gary and his stratospheric voice, to Barrie James who typed 'slower than him you can't', to David who took the step, the one with whom you had to dance (a word which has lost its meaning nowadays, when the woman could feel certain body parts of the man and vice versa!), to David who launches a solo but I'm not so sure, to Matthew who was one of the first to showing that prog rock could use an instrument other than the guitar to melt.

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 00:20
This review is linked with the album Estructura (1980) but in reality it describes the previous album by the band, so it should be linked with Más Allá De Tu Mente (1978). Can anybody move it to the correct album? Can reviews even be moved on PA?
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2023 at 06:48
Originally posted by Kotro Kotro wrote:

I honestly love all those reviews. Embarrassed

They're very entertaining! But I see Greg's point: they cheapen the image and lower the standards of PA; we do want to continue to be a serious source of musical information (including reviews).

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 13:04
Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

This review is linked with the album Estructura (1980) but in reality it describes the previous album by the band, so it should be linked with Más Allá De Tu Mente (1978). Can anybody move it to the correct album? Can reviews even be moved on PA?

No, I don't think so. The only thing you can do is to get in touch with the reviewer and ask him to repost his review in the proper place and then ask an admin to delete the superfluous one. But considering that this reviewer's last visit on the site took place in 2016...

Edited by Tuzvihar - September 28 2023 at 13:05
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2023 at 14:01
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

Originally posted by Hrychu Hrychu wrote:

No, I don't think so. The only thing you can do is to get in touch with the reviewer and ask him to repost his review in the proper place and then ask an admin to delete the superfluous one. But considering that this reviewer's last visit on the site took place in 2016...
It's worth trying, IMO. His email address seems legit in our database. So your PM might go to the right place... Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 277278279280281 282>