Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 08:59
Nice to introduce a band, but as a review (like this) it is reduced to the level of hollow crap.

Moreover, I find the ratio of one star ratings for this album rather suspicious.

Edited by someone_else - October 09 2023 at 09:23
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 09:06
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Nice to introduce a band, but as a review (like this) it is reduced to the level of hollow crap.

It's a little confusing too. And not a review.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 09:10
^ Agreed. They'd better chanhe their name to Entropius, methinks. Wink
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2023 at 09:47
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

It's a little confusing too. And not a review.

That "review" from the bandmember on the album is pointing out an error.

The main issue is that it seems that the FISH Hollow Earth album was added erroneously to the Derek William Dick Fish discography despite being a totally different project. I have not found a Dick/Fish album of that name but here is the bandcamp page for the FISH band that released the album Hollow Earth: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=FISH+Hollow+earth

Originally posted by bandcamp bandcamp wrote:

FISH, formerly known as Fase, is an American-Canadian studio prog rock band from Oberlin, OH. Formed in 2015, the band currently consists of guitarist Doug Hogg, drummer Brian Newbury, guitarist Noel Ward and bassist Aiden Beckman ... In May 2023, they began writing for their debut album temporarily titled “Flood Lungs”. By August 2023, they had commenced the writing portion and would begin recording in September-November; mixing and mastering would be done by Monolithic Architex in December. The title was changed to “Hollow Earth”, releasing on January 5, 2024.

I'll bring this to the Errors and Omissions team before deleting not just the review but the album entry.

EDIT: I deleted the debut album that was mistakenly added to the Derek William Dick Fish discography.

Edited by Logan - October 09 2023 at 10:06
unfading View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unfading Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2023 at 02:22
Hello, site administrators! 

I read a review from a BrufordFreak user to Roz Vitalis studio album "Quia Nesciunt Quid Faciunt" and noticed a very unfriendly and boorish attitude towards the authors of the music. In this case https://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2970358 I see this review as defamatory information and baseless insult.

This is not the first time we have to deal with offensive reviews from a user of the BrufordFreak collaborator. Please take measures to moderate such reviews.

Thank you
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2023 at 02:43
Originally posted by unfading unfading wrote:

I read a review from a BrufordFreak user to Roz Vitalis studio album "Quia Nesciunt Quid Faciunt" and noticed a very unfriendly and boorish attitude towards the authors of the music. In this case https://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2970358 I see this review as defamatory information and baseless insult.

This is not the first time we have to deal with offensive reviews from a user of the BrufordFreak collaborator. Please take measures to moderate such reviews.

Thank you

I don't think the review is offensive. It's a honest review with a reviewer a bit unsatisfied with what he heard. Nothing wrong with that. 

I don't think the review is insulting or defamatory. That's an exaggeration. 
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2023 at 02:50
I too think it is an exaggeration. At least you were given a review, and by a very respected reviewer BrufordFreak, not a review-less 1 star bomb by some random doofus, like I did.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
unfading View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unfading Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 04:22
ОК. If you think so, then there are no questions for you. On the other hand, this review may be useful for us.

Have a nice day

ProggnosisDB View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProggnosisDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 10:53
A harsh review is not disrespectful - but the following in my opinion is disrespectful
"Were I a professional musician with any sense of pride whatsoever, I would never have published these songs in the states of partial-completion that they're in. It is, to my mind, disgraceful."

and should be replaced with - "Personally I would never have considered releasing songs in such a state of 'partial-completion'"  would have achieved the point without suggesting that this artist is lacking in professional pride and that they are disgraceful for releasing it.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 11:29
^ I agree.
Duddick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 13:27
^me too
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2023 at 17:13
^ I'd say if he were a professional musician then those words would be acceptable, even informative.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2023 at 16:17
I'm not sure if this is abuse but it is certainly WRONG 

Looks like somebody has decided to add an album from Catherine Ribeiro's solo career to the Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes page and a review has now shown up.

It is well established that she + Alpes and her solo career are two completely different artist entries

She + Alpes lasted from 1970 to 1980 but here solo career started in 1977 and continued to at least 2002

She + Alpes is the freaky avant-folk proggy space rock that we all know

Her solo stuff is strictly traditional French chanson

The album Fenętre ardente needs to be removed from the database

](function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8351e34efffa9661',t:'MTcwMjUwOTEwNC41NjgwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">
(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8351e94e0d84cf55',t:'MTcwMjUwOTM1MC4yMjkwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeEnRegalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2023 at 16:30
Originally posted by unfading unfading wrote:

Thank you

It's much kinder than what I would have written, had I taken the time to write a lengthy review for the album. Here's the blurb that I wrote a while ago on my website: "I'm not getting all the buzz around this artist. It's nice, non-confrontational musical journeys around the prog neighborhood, never really arriving anywhere."
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2023 at 01:41
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I'm not sure if this is abuse but it is certainly WRONG 

Looks like somebody has decided to add an album from Catherine Ribeiro's solo career to the Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes page and a review has now shown up.

It is well established that she + Alpes and her solo career are two completely different artist entries

She + Alpes lasted from 1970 to 1980 but here solo career started in 1977 and continued to at least 2002

She + Alpes is the freaky avant-folk proggy space rock that we all know

Her solo stuff is strictly traditional French chanson

The album Fenętre ardente needs to be removed from the database

You'll have to write the admins about that. 
My problem is also that alainPP does not know how to add albums. If he added other albums, I think they need editing. 

(I also think this user account is handled by several people, should be reason enough for a ban IMO.)
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2023 at 09:01
^ presumably the admins should be checking this but it seems there are absent most of the time now so we are in effect admin free :/

(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8357a76e8f5496e4',t:'MTcwMjU2OTU2Ni41OTYwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">
(function(){var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'8357aa05f863face',t:'MTcwMjU2OTY3Mi43MTEwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium none; visibility: ;" width="1" height="1">

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2023 at 09:39

^ presumably the admins should be checking this but it seems there are absent most of the time now so we are in effect admin free :/

Send them a private message, they will reply. I don't know what else is there to say. 

Also post the error in the E & O team thread, they will also bring the matter to the admins. 

Edited by Cristi - December 14 2023 at 09:40
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2023 at 10:16
PM was sent and it has been responded to.   I do check these topi cs if I see them in the active topics list, but I am sometimes completely absent for days. I get various PMs to deal with things very regularly, and that is a good way to contact us. I don;t get email notifications of these, but at least when I come back I then will see them.

I love Catherine Ribeiro + 2 Bi and Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes, and it should be a pleasure to investigate as she is one of my very favourite singers based on those projects. If she has any proggy qualities solo, then I think I may be reluctant to remove it.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2023 at 12:43

I am on here daily and do respond to private messages. If Logan is familiar with her I'll let him handle this one.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2023 at 17:38
Of course technically, Catherine Ribeiro "solo" should not be included at all under the Moullet-led with Ribeiro Alpes (including 2Bis), so it would be easy to remove. I had wondered if significantly PA worthy if we might make it also for her solo work (as sometimes happens often for convenience even if it should be separated. She does have a number of solo albums and only that one with review has been added. Musically, I find it interesting art chanson that I could see being of definite interest to the Catherine Ribeiro & Alpes. I don't want to remove it just now, and will reformat the suggestion and add a mention that this is her solo and not Alpes to the album name. And Francis Moze of Magma and Pierre Moerlen's Gong is on it. Great bass player.

Edited by Logan - December 14 2023 at 17:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282>