Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 282>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 14:58
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 20:25
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

No mention of the two reviews for the new Swilson? 

The album already has 52 ratings. 

Awww Horizons, I see what you mean here, but I do know the person in the first link that you posted above. Parsa is from Iran and he knows his music, he has hard times and hates the political situation in his country yet keeps up with everything, he is most enthousiast and his knowleadge is incredible too Wink I believe his review is sincere.
Huge hug to you, Horizons Hug
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 20:30
But that album hasn't even been released yet!
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 20:36
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Awww Horizons, I see what you mean here, but I do know the person in the first link that you posted above. Parsa is from Iran and he knows his music, he has hard times and hates the political situation in his country yet keeps up with everything, he is most enthusiast and his knowledge is incredible too Wink I believe his review is sincere.

Oh Sonia, i'm not questioning his integrity or his ability to review - i honestly going to mention that i liked the first review to an extent. The problem is, the album has legally/officially been released yet. For quality reviews and known members, i believe Admins or whoever handles this asks the person to save their review or whatever. I hope he posts it again - if it's ever deleted - but just saying that the two reviews and nearly 60 ratings aren't really fair. 
Hug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 20:38
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

HolyMoly,
Although not been released officially this does not mean Parsa has not heard the album, his review seems legit. I don't know how he got hold of it, nor can I corfirm anything. I am just speaking in defense of his character. I too have been lucky enough to hear albums prior to their release, courtesy of the artist of course. Wink always plus Hug to you! Big smile
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 20:48

Awww Horizons, I see what you mean here, but I do know the person in the first link that you posted above. Parsa is from Iran and he knows his music, he has hard times and hates the political situation in his country yet keeps up with everything, he is most enthusiast and his knowledge is incredible too Wink I believe his review is sincere.

Oh Sonia, i'm not questioning his integrity or his ability to review - i honestly going to mention that i liked the first review to an extent. The problem is, the album has legally/officially been released yet. For quality reviews and known members, i believe Admins or whoever handles this asks the person to save their review or whatever. I hope he posts it again - if it's ever deleted - but just saying that the two reviews and nearly 60 ratings aren't really fair. 
Hug

Ah ok yes Horizons, I clicked to see the links and saw his name, I cannot confirm anything except that I do know him not as a personal friend tho' :)
Unfortunately bands or artists who have already made a name for themselves will have fans/blind followers who will always rate their music high even if they have not heard the new product. All I can confirm is that Parsa is real and knows his music further I cannot confirm Wink especially considering the album has not been released yet Smile
Another massive hug to you Hug
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 20:54

HolyMoly,
Although not been released officially this does not mean Parsa has not heard the album, his review seems legit. I don't know how he got hold of it, nor can I corfirm anything. I am just speaking in defense of his character. I too have been lucky enough to hear albums prior to their release, courtesy of the artist of course. Wink always plus Hug to you! Big smile
I understand, I'm sure he has heard it.  As Horizons said, it's PA policy to not publish reviews for albums until they've been officially released.  I was just surprised your friend had heard it already.  I know I'm eager to hear it.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 21:04

HolyMoly,
I understand, I'm sure he has heard it.  As Horizons said, it's PA policy to not publish reviews for albums until they've been officially released.  I was just surprised your friend had heard it already.  I know I'm eager to hear it.

Oh wow HolyMoly, I too didn't know one was not allowed to post reviews on PA until their official release Smile I too only heard two tracks so far. thus I am surprised too Wink all I know is that he is a real person and seems very nice, further I cannot be sure (although now I feel bad for saying this) I do not know him very well, he is really a nice person tho' to me he has been consistant. Smile

HolyMoly a massive hug to you too Hug
JS19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 15:20

HolyMoly,

Yeah, it's probably because the album's leaked already. Which kinda sucks for us legal peeps - when people are hearing it for free more than a month before release (and saying it's awesome). They might move the release date forward though, they sometimes do that is it leaks super early?

I hope he saved his review so he can post it again later if it gets deleted!

Edited by JS19 - January 15 2013 at 15:21
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 15:23
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 18:58
Originally posted by JS19 JS19 wrote:

HolyMoly,

Yeah, it's probably because the album's leaked already. Which kinda sucks for us legal peeps - when people are hearing it for free more than a month before release (and saying it's awesome). They might move the release date forward though, they sometimes do that is it leaks super early?

I hope he saved his review so he can post it again later if it gets deleted!
Smile
Oh yes I hope so too because his review was very insightful Hug 
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 20:15
I just received a very insolent PM from a guy called uncool and throwing me his review in the face with insults, already sent a copy to Dean, but I want to report his review

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=890619

The guy is a jerk but has to cool down, i didn't even took time to rep´ly him.

Iván

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 20:18
^ ''People that like Genesis' prog roots probably hate "Invisible Touch" but there's a reason this sold 15 million copies while albums like "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" only get masturbated over by dudes who like to play Magic the Gathering and watch Star Trek

I lol'd so hard
LOL
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 20:30

^ ''People that like Genesis' prog roots probably hate "Invisible Touch" but there's a reason this sold 15 million copies while albums like "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" only get masturbated over by dudes who like to play Magic the Gathering and watch  Star Trek

I lol'd so hard
LOL

Cooee!!! Horizons lolol last time I checked I was not a dude tho' LOL oh and regards that last bit .... I do not speak nor understand Klingon Wink

But I do think you are most awesome tho' even if you accuse moi of being a crossdresser Big smile mhwoaahhxxx Hug
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 20:33
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

ehHEM
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 20:35
You need to get that frog outta your throat. 

:D
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 20:36

You need to get that frog outta your throat. 

:D

*heck*

Use the reviews discussion thread. 
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 20:40

ehHEM
hahahaha... I hope Andy wasn't drinking something coz he might have spilled it Shocked also I bet Andy says (can't find the yellow smurff smiley thingy saying back to topic to post) back to topic Big smile a hug to Andy to Hug and now I will stop typing before I get banned Big smile hugs all and bye.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 07:36
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

I just received a very insolent PM from a guy called uncool and throwing me his review in the face with insults, already sent a copy to Dean, but I want to report his review

Iván
  fair point, I think the reviewer should be at least be warned and re-word his review as it clearly does not comply with site rules
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 08:10
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

Iván
  fair point, I think the reviewer should be at least be warned and re-word his review as it clearly does not comply with site rules

I have noticed his reviews, too. The Wall and I Can't Dance in particular (5 stars to the second are an eyecatcher isn't it?). I don't know what kind of insults he can have sent, what I can say about his reviews is that he just says that he likes the 80 pop, is a fan of Collins solo albums (and also of Mike and the Mechanics) and hasn't understood the spirit of the site. His arguments may stay in a forum thread, a review should be something different. 

btw, I'd like opening a 90125 appreciation thread Wink

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202203204205206 282>