Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 07:26
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

Is it appropriate that reviewer Sean Trane used the exact same review for two albums?
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1044511
Absolutely not - they are different albums with different performers. Ian Gillan and Murry Head do not appear on the 1973 album.

Hugues - you're a plonker!  LOL
Does anybody remember who were playing JCS in London in September 1975? I saw it there but I was very young too. I have the impression that Herod was interpreted by Alice Cooper but my memory can easily fail. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 07:53
Originally posted by Dean Watson Dean Watson wrote:

I just wanted to mention that my CD from 2012 "Imposing Elements" was sitting all year at #9 ( b/o 2012 ) and recently has moved to about #26 however I have received no reviews, my score of 4.01 has not changed.  I don't mind, just being in the top 100 is a complete honour, but just curous how 'suddenly' it dropped so much? 
Recently I deleted several hundred bogus accounts, if some of them were favourable to your album then it would have taken a hit, however, it is much more likely is all the other albums between #9 and #26 got an unexpected boost as a lot of manipulative negative ratings were deleted.
What?
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 10:08
Great job Dean, sorry it takes up your weekend time.
schizoidman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizoidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 22:07
Alard Charlton review of The Yes Album #1045101 appears....weird to say the least. Bogus and lame at the worst.

Just my opinion and a heads up for the mods here at PA.

Cheers.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 23:28
All the 7 reviews by Alard Charlton are of the same kind. He knows the albums but jokes on the names and comparisons. i.e. a Sex Pistols feeling in Marillion's Jigsaw or "One For The Vine" starts off with bending piano from Peter Banks, and then some beautiful vocals by Joan Collins"

I think they are parodies.
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2013 at 23:43
^ Yes total tripe
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
schizoidman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizoidman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2013 at 09:30
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

All the 7 reviews by Alard Charlton are of the same kind. He knows the albums but jokes on the names and comparisons. i.e. a Sex Pistols feeling in Marillion's Jigsaw or "One For The Vine" starts off with bending piano from Peter Banks, and then some beautiful vocals by Joan Collins"

OK. I guess my sense of humor must be out of order or went for a walk and forgot to tell me. Thank You for the response.

Cheers.

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2013 at 10:02
Originally posted by schizoidman schizoidman wrote:

OK. I guess my sense of humor must be out of order or went for a walk and forgot to tell me. Thank You for the response.

Cheers.

I mean parodies of our way of writing reviews, he jokes about the site's content. It doesn't mean that I consider them proper reviews but deciding whether they can stay or have to be deleted is an admin's job, not mine.

Basing on my understanding of the site's rule I think that the reviews will go but the ratings can remain as they seem appropriate enough, at least to me.

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2013 at 10:03
And, sorry, probably your sense of humour is gone to make room to your sarcasm
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 01:38
Anyway Mr Alard has done it again. It doesn't make me laugh, too. Now he's starting to bother.

Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 02:45
^ I agree these reviews are ridiculous and make a mockery of the sites credentials. They are not even funny save for the person who wrote them. So juvenile.
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 09:11
^^ I quite liked that review. 
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 09:12
^^^ There are now 8 of this kind. Too much
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 09:16
Reading his review on The Yes Album. Perplexing and funny! Then again, I like this type of nonsensical writing. 
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 09:19

^^^ There are now 8 of this kind. Too much
Yeah it's removable material, I know it's just dribble. I'd be alone on my overall opinion though. 
Duke of Rother View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke of Rother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 16:10
The ratings really are a bit of a joke. T's album Psychoanorexia has been given 5 stars by many people with glowing reviews. 

Trouble is, many of those reviewers (despite giving ratings to a decent number, have only reviewed 1 or 2 other albums, but they usually feature Steven Wilson's and Big Big Train's giving them stinking reviews and a low mark.

The job seems to be done now so presumably they'll target anything else that comes close to Psychoanorexia.

Shame.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 16:30
and a lot of the reviews and ratings were given by members who had only recently signed up
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 16:35
Everyone's got to start sometime.
What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 16:44
Indeed, welcome aboard psychoanorexia fans.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2013 at 19:02
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Indeed, welcome aboard psychoanorexia fans.

Before:

(189 ratings)
After:

(172 ratings)
Later:
(122 ratings)

Edited by Dean - September 29 2013 at 02:57
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 282>