Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 282>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 11:10
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I was gonna post that review under I Like your Review thread :33

So was I, actually. I thought it was an informative critique.

Same - while it's not one of my favorites recently, i like reading reviews that aren't so predictable. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 13:14
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I was gonna post that review under I Like your Review thread :33

So was I, actually. I thought it was an informative critique.

Hug
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2014 at 18:20
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1197306

Ummmm...10 people have apparently invented or have access to a time machine.  Yes Heaven & Earth already has 10 ratings and 1 review.  Pretty sure this isn't released until next month. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Gallifrey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallifrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2014 at 18:54
It's leaked.

IMO deleting reviews of people who heard it illegally is stupid - they still heard the album.
http://thedarkthird.bandcamp.com/
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2014 at 19:46
Originally posted by Gallifrey Gallifrey wrote:

It's leaked.

IMO deleting reviews of people who heard it illegally is stupid - they still heard the album.

1.- We don't know if they heard it

2.- PROG ARCHIVES DOESN'T SUPPORT OR ENCOURAGE ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES 

¿Should we accept the risk for a few fanboys who most likely never heard the album?

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2014 at 00:57
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1197306

Ummmm...10 people have apparently invented or have access to a time machine.  Yes Heaven & Earth already has 10 ratings and 1 review.  Pretty sure this isn't released until next month. 
All reviews / ratings deleted.
Gallifrey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallifrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2014 at 01:03
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

It's leaked.

1.- We don't know if they heard it

2.- PROG ARCHIVES DOESN'T SUPPORT OR ENCOURAGE ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES 

¿Should we accept the risk for a few fanboys who most likely never heard the album?

I've heard the album. I'm not a big fan of them. If I was a big fan I'd likely hear the album when it leaks.

Also how is it "encouraging illegal activities"? 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2014 at 01:44

Also how is it "encouraging illegal activities"? 

If we knowingly admit a review of  an album that has not been legally released yet, we could be considered as encouraging illegal downloads.

In this case, we know that the latest Yes album has not been legally released, so unless a reviewer declares he has a promotional copy legally obtained (If this is false, the responsibility relies in the author of the review), we could face some troubles.

Once the album has been released, the site is not responsible, because there is no way for us to know if the reviewer legally bought the album or not, but if WE KNOW that the album has not been legally released yet and the author doesn't declared that he/she got a promotional copy, we are in a gray zone.

As a fact the Induce Act bill is so ambiguous, that almost anything could be considered infringement if approved

Quote  Whoever intentionally induces any violation identified in subsection (a) of this section shall be liable as an infringer.

In subsection (g), "intentionally induces" means intentionally aids, abets, induces (???), counsels, or procures, and intent may be shown by acts from which a reasonable person would find intent to induce infringement based (???) upon all relevant information about such acts then reasonably available to the actor, including whether the activity relies on infringement for its commercial viability.

Of course is not a solid case, but as a professional I would recommend the same to any client

Iván

BTW: I'm a lawyer

Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2014 at 05:35
Reporting this review for it's intelligence and the wealth of knowledge the reviewer instills in the writing. BravoClap

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1197275

Could not find the other review threadSleepy
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
LakeGlade12 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeGlade12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2014 at 05:45
Just spotted 2 near identical 5 star reviews of the same album. Probably the same person or someone is plagiarising.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=965209

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=246973
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2014 at 10:51
Originally posted by LakeGlade12 LakeGlade12 wrote:

Just spotted 2 near identical 5 star reviews of the same album. Probably the same person or someone is plagiarising.

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=965209

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=246973

Plus he's making propaganda for his site  www.vinylconnection.com.au

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2014 at 14:53
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2014 at 15:50
Be careful.  I actually just received the promo for this YES album yesterday.  So, this guy could very well have a legitimate copy.
theprogmind.com
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2014 at 15:55
Originally posted by Second Life Syndrome Second Life Syndrome wrote:

Be careful.  I actually just received the promo for this YES album yesterday.  So, this guy could very well have a legitimate copy.

Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

unless a reviewer declares he has a promotional copy legally obtained (If this is false, the responsibility relies in the author of the review), we could face some troubles.

Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Life Syndrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2014 at 16:02
I see.  And, yet, there is no such requirement in receiving promos.  The label doesn't require it, so why should we?
theprogmind.com
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Doctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2014 at 19:05
Considering in the review he states, and I quote, "I'll buy the album" leads me to believe he does not in fact have a legally obtained promo copy, but rather downloaded the thing.  
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2014 at 21:10
^ I've always believed that unless a pre-release written review states the legitimate source of their copy, it should be deleted. Similarly, all 'ratings only' reviews submitted prior to release should be deleted. I'm getting the overriding impression that people are not having to move heaven and earth to obtain a copyConfused

Edited by ExittheLemming - June 28 2014 at 21:15
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 08:40
Can someone delete all the written reviews of the new Yes album 'Heaven and Earth' that fail to disclose the source of their review copy and ALL the ratings only reviews?

The release dates are published as 21st and 22nd July in the UK and US respectively

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1205135

The argument that such prohibition is futile only works if we allow those who know better to flount the site guidelines with impunity. Ban this c*nt works for me.
Gallifrey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallifrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 10:58
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Can someone delete all the written reviews of the new Yes album 'Heaven and Earth' that fail to disclose the source of their review copy and ALL the ratings only reviews?

The release dates are published as 21st and 22nd July in the UK and US respectively

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1205135

The argument that such prohibition is futile only works if we allow those who know better to flount the site guidelines with impunity. Ban this c*nt works for me.

Yeah, let's ban the best reviewer in the site. That's a great idea.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 11:30
If you don't want people reviewing or rating albums before they are officially released then they shouldn't be added to the site officially until they are and even then some albums get released in one place before the other...
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 282>