Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 282>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 15:55
Lucas, has anybody punished you for that? I mean, this is a dispute, or what? Okay, some contributions are a bit harsh, but it's valid, still a discussion with contrary arguments. Or have I missed something?

I for one would not post a review where the content is not written by myself, even if I have it partially reworked.
And I can understand the objections that once the door is opened we won't come to grips with that furthermore ...

lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 16:14
the review was removed, hence my reference to the times of Inquisition
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 16:21
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 18:08
Oh, for God's sake! The only thing the original writer of the review has to do is to register here and post the review. He can even use your translation if he wish to. No need to play the victim card. Just follow the rules, it's not that difficult!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 21:18
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Oh, for God's sake! The only thing the original writer of the review has to do is to register here and post the review. He can even use your translation if he wish to. No need to play the victim card. Just follow the rules, it's not that difficult!

The Bearded Bard, that is not a nice thing to say, be nice! No one is playing the victim here and certainly not Lucas, he stayed out of all of this silly discussion, he only commented to all the above now and is most welcome too! I was wondering, as so were others, expecting a reaction from him. He followed the rules, nothing was previously stated that a collab wouldn't be able to translate a review of a none English speaker and make it his own meanwhile clearly giving credit to the original author although the translation is different not only because direct translation from a latin language is very different to English, the fact is that he made it his own too! Have any of you actually read both of the reviews? I think not or none of you would say such things. 
The band review is not even in the top 100 Pa ratings, it's the only review the band had and now it's gone. 
All arguments should be in consideration of benefiting PA site, not about personal dilemmas. The fact is that now anyone searching for this band won't find any written review for the band. This review in French was written by a respected reviewer, thus not the so called fan boy reviewers (I still don't understand why such animosity against them either) that most of you seem to snub your noses up, after all most of you have been them. 
The fact is that the only review the band had on this site is not anymore on PA, this is a shame. 

This is all becoming very silly, tiny contained democratic opinion within Admins wanted it removed and this is fine/acceptable however do let others speak their mind too after the fact. Confused

Awww but you are always very nice and funny too, tho' Wink big hug to you, The Bearded BardHug

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 21:27
this review here on pa was shared on other social media sites too related to the French reviewer including well known Canadian and especially French prog mags, whereby PA was named too. Why all this drama? I don't get it. 
I won't speak further of this, I give up and have better happier things to think about and spend my time in doing. Approve 
group hug Hug to all inc. our grumpies Big smile
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 22:08
Quick question here. The PA admins currently on here, are there any who frequently do write album reviews, on here? It seems to me, or I might be mistaken maybe that little or none reviews are written by Admins or I am wrong here? Stern Smile

No pun intended, however I think the voting should have been extended beyond admins, especially considering that no written rules were broken. 

Edited by Kati - October 01 2015 at 22:44
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2015 at 23:41
Oh boy, you guys had no authority at all to delete that review post, even if it was partly a translated one? Did you know that what you did was unconstitutional and unlawful, laws written in terms which equally I believe applies in terms of PA rules? This site has rules and no one is beyond those rules, a democratic vote can only be applied and become made into action after the fact. 

Edited by Kati - October 01 2015 at 23:43
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:05
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Oh boy, you guys had no authority at all to delete that review post, even if it was partly a translated one? Did you know that what you did was unconstitutional and unlawful, laws written in terms which equally I believe applies in terms of PA rules? This site has rules and no one is beyond those rules, a democratic vote can only be applied and become made into action after the fact. 
This is not a democracy, it's a privately owned web-site with free public access.
What?
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:11
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

This is not a democracy, it's a privately owned web-site with free public access.
Dean, you ninny democracy was a metaphor, as I also said a selective tiny few admins, this compared to the overall number of collabs. Stern Smile Democracy was a vote within admins to remove that review, this I what I meant and said. 
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:14
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Back to your comment now, to the above you said, with that do you mean it's an authoritarian site no matter other members point of views? 
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:19
Do you understand what you are actually implying here now? To me it seems that what you are saying is that PA is a private site thus the public members should have no view in this respect? PA is thus aka biased? 
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:25
Yes, for instance, even if we believe that Miles Davis should not be on the website for Bitches Brew, nothing can be done about it.  It is a privately run website.  There has never been a democratic process of selecting new collabs.  The only democracy is within genre teams as far as adding/rejecting bands goes. And there again, if collabs from another team disagree with the decision of say Crossover, they can't do anything about it.  

Have you ever worked in a large organisation?  Do you fully grasp how feasible (or, rather, infeasible) it would be to referendum every decision that goes into running such a large database?
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:31
deleted my personal information 

Edited by Kati - October 03 2015 at 19:50
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:35
So...if you have worked in a large organisation and know the blahs as you choose to refer to it, you also know that people in higher positions are given authority to take decisions.  Thus, to claim something illegal was done here is way off the mark. You are also aware, I hope, that contributing to this website is done on honorary basis?  Not even honorary, for free.  If you really want to reform PA, you are free to try...provided you are also able to moderate the website, vet new band suggestions, add them, etc etc.  And combine all that with your day job.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 01:41
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

So...if you have worked in a large organisation and know the blahs as you choose to refer to it, you also know that people in higher positions are given authority to take decisions.  Thus, to claim something illegal was done here is way off the mark. You are also aware, I hope, that contributing to this website is done on honorary basis?  Not even honorary, for free.  If you really want to reform PA, you are free to try...provided you are also able to moderate the website, vet new band suggestions, add them, etc etc.  And combine all that with your day job.

Unlawful, I that's the word I used, which is not the same as illegal Wink Any site having commercial value no matter if they have volunteers, all are within the same umbrella. No illegal activity has been done however nitty gritty actions taken here were unfairly treated. 
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 03:41
Effectively this is a review reporting thread, I don't understand why it went so "personal". 
I haven't read the whole discussion but I would not look at somebody's linkedin profile unless it's an artist (I'm connected with Randone, Clive Brooks and Marjana Semkina).
Why should I care of somebody's real job and of how successfully he/she does it?

Back to the original discussion, personally during the years I have had a couple of reviews deleted. I have rewritten one of the two and given up to the other. Where's the problem? We are not paid for writing and a deleted review doesn't mean a loss (except for the time spent in writing). 

For the specific case, recently a new Prog magazine appeared in Italy. The first number contains a review written in th 70s by a famous specialized journalist for the album "Crac!" by Area which caused some polemics. The article contains also the reply from Demetrio Stratos. Everything very interesting, but what if I translate the two things, even partially, and post them here? Is there any copyright issue? How can the admins (and whoever is legally responsible for the site) manage it? 

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 03:45
Pl see the thread Collaborator Status and you will see where I am coming from.  I regret my methods but not the intent of what I was doing.  I shouldn't have got personal and AM sorry about that but I was just feeling sick and tired to see all these sorts of threads and topic sprouting all over the place the moment a certain somebody gets active on this forum again.  Why am I not surprised!

Edited by rogerthat - October 02 2015 at 03:46
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 03:57
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Pl see the thread Collaborator Status and you will see where I am coming from.  I regret my methods but not the intent of what I was doing.  I shouldn't have got personal and AM sorry about that but I was just feeling sick and tired to see all these sorts of threads and topic sprouting all over the place the moment a certain somebody gets active on this forum again.  Why am I not surprised!

Will you please stop talking about me? Am I that interesting to you? 
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2015 at 03:59
No, I am least interested in you but I am entitled to explain myself to a third person who wanted to know what happened since I was the other involved party.  Get off my lawn!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 282>